Sharon Austin

My wife is suffering from a acne crisis, any advice would help!

46 posts in this topic

We're dealing with an issue here, as all women are conscientious about their appearence, my wife is having more than an adjustment issue, she is having a hard time adjusting to this new acne appearence.

I feel really bad for her, and I wish that there was something that I could do. I suffered from severe acne as a teenager, but I grew out of it. Her facial skin appearence was fine when she was in the philippines, but as soon as she got here in Florida, pimples started showing up slowly and increasing over time and now it has gotten severe to the point where she doesn't want to go out in the public and I really feel bad for her. I've tried almost everything from astringents to moisturizers to proactive, and none of them are working. We've even tried internal medicines and nothing appears to work. I've purchased a product called Maxipill from ebay that I'm assuming most filipinas use, has anyone out there experienced the same problem or know someone that has experienced this, any solution, advice or suggestion would be useful, Thanks!

:help::help::help:crying.gif

i have small iritations in my face due to my hair cut, i have lots of medicine to use but its more complicated and it goes to acne. i went to my dermatologist and she gave me this:

- Terracyn cap. Antibiotic take 3 times a day for 2 wks

- apply derm cleanser or mild cleanser in the face, morning and bedtime

- ACNE GEL -apply at affected area 1 x day in the morning after washing on the face

- CLINDAMYCIN solution - apply face with a cotton ball 1 x a day in the afternoon

- BEDTIME -

- TRETINOIN - apply at face at bedtime followed by

-BLEACHING CREAM - for face and neck.

My acne gone after 3 wks... TRY THIS!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

that's typical stuff the dermatologists give, but she still needs to see one as they are prescriptionmeds and she should still get evaluated for other underlying causes....plus they need to make sure she's not pregnant, cuz that could be a reason plus u can't give these meds during pregnancy

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I like Neutrogena's acne stress control line- I use the cleansing foam and moisturizer twice a day. You want to avoid washing your face more than twice a day, as over-washing will irritate the skin. Also, don't jump from one treatment to the other, this will irritate the skin too - ussually you want to give it a 3-4 weeks chance before you change it.

Cut down on caffeine: Caffeine is interpreted by the body as stress. Limit your intake of coffee and colas. Replace it with water, and green tea, that has detoxing properties. Drink 8 glasses of water/tea a day

Wash your hands before washing your face. Use luke-warm water to wash your face- and finish with a cold water splash to close the pores

Wash pillow cases and face towels often- and everything that comes in contact with your face (like, your phone)

Don't use makeup or use makeup for acne prone skin- Like Clinique's line

Saludos,

Caro

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Other Timeline

She's been here five months?

I bet her body is going through some changes that will eventually sort themselves out.

I've often felt that Wes skin 'changed' after his permanent move to the US. And I believe it was due to living in a house with forced air heat vs. UK hot water heat.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
She's been here five months?

I bet her body is going through some changes that will eventually sort themselves out.

I've often felt that Wes skin 'changed' after his permanent move to the US. And I believe it was due to living in a house with forced air heat vs. UK hot water heat.

i can fully agree to that. i can't keep the heat as high with forced air. my nose is all stopped up if i do, and i have a sore throat in the morning.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Try proactiv...it do wonders to my skin. :thumbs:

N-400 TIMELINE

06/06/12 * Naturalization Interview

04/30/12 * Received Interview Letter

04/04/12 * Biometrics

03/10/12 * Received NOA

03/03/12 * N-400 Submitted (AZ)

I-751 TIMELINE

05/18/11 * Received 10 yr Green Card

05/17/11 * Approved

04/04/11 * Biometrics Appointment done

03/21/11 * Received Bio Notice (03/15/11)

03/03/11 * Encashed check

03/01/11 * NOA1 receipt date

02/28/11 * I-751 submitted (CSC)

that's typical stuff the dermatologists give, but she still needs to see one as they are prescriptionmeds and she should still get evaluated for other underlying causes....plus they need to make sure she's not pregnant, cuz that could be a reason plus u can't give these meds during pregnancy

yes, she should consult her dermatologist coz pregnant woman cant used tretinoin so better consult first. drink lots of water and take vitamin E for the skin.

We're dealing with an issue here, as all women are conscientious about their appearence, my wife is having more than an adjustment issue, she is having a hard time adjusting to this new acne appearence.

I feel really bad for her, and I wish that there was something that I could do. I suffered from severe acne as a teenager, but I grew out of it. Her facial skin appearence was fine when she was in the philippines, but as soon as she got here in Florida, pimples started showing up slowly and increasing over time and now it has gotten severe to the point where she doesn't want to go out in the public and I really feel bad for her. I've tried almost everything from astringents to moisturizers to proactive, and none of them are working. We've even tried internal medicines and nothing appears to work. I've purchased a product called Maxipill from ebay that I'm assuming most filipinas use, has anyone out there experienced the same problem or know someone that has experienced this, any solution, advice or suggestion would be useful, Thanks!

:help::help::help:crying.gif

She's going thru stress and it sure affected her skin. I'd like to recommend a hypoallergenic brand that is very good and effective on my skin and same time it's safe. I used to have severe acne problem but now my face is free from acne and its scars. You can purchase it online thru this site www.vmvhypoallergenics.com. Find out first what is her skin type and let her pick the right product for her. Also, their products are safe to use even when pregnant. Goodluck!

"...when I found the one my heart loves, I held him and would not let him go..." - Song of Solomon 3:4

View my wedding photo slideshow

Visit my blog "Filipina In America"

Check out some articles I wrote

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Is that the stuff that the celebrities are pushing? I've seen the results. It works very well. But keep in mind its dirt and bacteria that cause acne, as well as hormones.....not temperature.

Edited by Jason-Sasha

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

It's quite possible it's a change in her diet. Studies have shown that other cultures who eat lots of fish, grains, and fruits and vegetables tend to develop conditions like acne when they adopt a more Westernized diet (high fat, high salt, milk).

(The Clear Skin Diet is a good, science-y look at all the possible reasons for bad skin, if anyone is interested).

I would suggest looking at the changes in her diet. If she is no longer eating something she typically did, or is eating something she never was before, it can certainly contribute. A blood screening for deficiencies in minerals could also be beneficial as it could point out what she's missing. My skin became disgusting in September, and it took until December for me to realize I have a zinc deficiency and that's how my body chooses to show it.

Or it could be stress, or hard water. Unfortunately the options are endless!

this works for me no dermatologist.. buy eskinol clear + dalacin (over the counter in mercury drugs) remove the capsule and pour the ingredient to eskinol ( very safe !! as by the derma i had)

wash soap ( gentle soap like cetaphil or ivory no fragrant soap ) ;) just constant wash of face when oily and itchy.. papaya soap !! this works

It's quite possible it's a change in her diet. Studies have shown that other cultures who eat lots of fish, grains, and fruits and vegetables tend to develop conditions like acne when they adopt a more Westernized diet (high fat, high salt, milk).

(The Clear Skin Diet is a good, science-y look at all the possible reasons for bad skin, if anyone is interested).

I would suggest looking at the changes in her diet. If she is no longer eating something she typically did, or is eating something she never was before, it can certainly contribute. A blood screening for deficiencies in minerals could also be beneficial as it could point out what she's missing. My skin became disgusting in September, and it took until December for me to realize I have a zinc deficiency and that's how my body chooses to show it.

Or it could be stress, or hard water. Unfortunately the options are endless!

try dalacin c + eskinol clear. safe ! wash constantly use cetaphil and ivory ( no fragrant soap) if wife's skin feels itchy and oily just wash face. use natural papaya soap too!! avoid direct heat of sun and dust ( pour dalacin c's content in the eskinol clear and shake use as 3-5x times daily )

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Is that the stuff that the celebrities are pushing? I've seen the results. It works very well. But keep in mind its dirt and bacteria that cause acne, as well as hormones.....not temperature.

The OP wrote in his first post that his wife tried it already and didn't work.

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

for me benzoyl peroxide works way better than salicylic acid (most acne products are made with salicylic acid). Proactiv is benzoyl peroxide, but it's such a pain having to order online and more expensive. I've found Neutrogena with benzoyl. I've been using on my face and my face has been clear most of the time (I still have occasional breakouts). Now my back it doesn't matter what I do I can't get rid of the huge bumps. I've been taking an antibiotic for a couple weeks, still haven't seem much results.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

My unscientific guess would be that something new in her diet is triggering her skin to break out. I am sensitive to canola oil in processed foods; if I have chips or Oreos, my face breaks out. So it might be something like that she has to avoid or get used to.

In the meantime, it's probably not a bad idea to talk to a dermatologist for a short-term fix.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07