Eagleeye

She is a Control Freak!

41 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I hoped i could be like the perfect couple who give immigration advice to others.Well this is my case,the last time i posted with a topic IS MARRIAGE TO A USC ALL ABOUT GC? unfortunately i am still wondering.

I do undersatnd that marriage is not bed of roses,but honestly what i have experienced in the past 7 months was never what i bargained for! I am the alien and my wife is the USC we really have a routine for major fights every two weeks.Each time very hurtful facts come out in our relationship up to the point of daring each other to leave,we both have expressed more than once our regrets to getting together.

The thought of divorce scares the daylight out of me first of all i have no clue what i would tell my parents! if this marriage ends up in a divorce i would be the very first family member in four generations,my wife seems to understand this and plays on it.Another factor is that i gave up my career to start from the scratch here in the US.My conditional green card was just approved in november 2007 and i just got an a great offer of appointment with one of the leading banks here.

My concerns are that my wife is very controlling she wants me to do every single thing she says but never listens to what me or any other person has to say, our recent fight was sparked off because i was given a car by a family memember and the title was not signed in her name.Basically all hell is let loose once when i differ from her opinion,i hardly ever imagined i would be in this kind of marriage,i guess no one ever does.How does a sane woman get up in a mans face and dare him to hit her when he never has?She and her family accuse me of using her for immigration purposes, this is wearing me out.

I am in graduate school now and my conditional GC expires in November 2009.I just like to prepare for the worst if either of us pull the divorce cord,i would like to complete my progarm and at least have reasonable profesional experience i can transfer outside the US.

I am so confused right now i do not want to be accused of using any one for immigration purposes at the same time i am only 24 and have no intention of having an unhappy life.We have one counsellor but the situation seems to deteriorate!

I am sorry for my whining but my question is what options are open to me(a conditional GC holder) if this marrige fails?

Thanks for the :help:!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I have no idea what options are open to you but i'm sure an other informed VJ member will give you the info. I just want to say that I feel sorry that this had to happen to you and whatever your spouse might say when she is angry does not necessarily mean that she really believes what she's saying. I hope that you manage to sort things out and as long as you're honest everything will turn out fine. Great job on your new career opportunity and I wish you all the best.

K-1 Visa Service Center : California Service Center ; Consulate : Belgium

2007-04-18 = I-129F Sent

2007-05-14 = I-129F NOA1

2007-08-10 = I-129F NOA2

2007-09-17 = Consulate Received

2007-09-18 = Packet 3 Received

2007-09-19 = Packet 3 Sent

2007-09-19 = Packet 4 Received

2007-09-24 = Interview Date

2007-09-24 = Visa Received

2007-09-28 = US Entry

2007-11-10 = Marriage

Processing Estimates/Stats : I-129f was approved in 114 days from your filing date. Interview took 159 days from your I-129F filing date.

Adjustment of Status CIS Office : Las Vegas NV

2007-11-23 = Date Filed at Chicago lockbox (priority date)

2007-11-29 = NOA Date

2007-12-07 = RFE(s) IRS tax forms

2007-12-21 = Biometrics Appt.

2007-12-23 = Met with an immigration lawyer who told us how to prove income without IRS tax forms

2008-01-10 = NOA reciept of RFE at Lee's Summit, case processing resumed

2008-03-24 = Interview Date (cancelled but we will still be going)

Pending : Approval / Denial Date, Got I551 Stamp, Greencard Received

Employment Authorization Document CIS Office : Chicago National Office; Filing Method : Mail; Filing Instance : First

2007-11-23 = Date Filed (priority date)

2007-11-29 = NOA Date

2007-12-21 = Bio. Appt.

2007-12-21 = Touche

2008-02-12 = Card production ordered

2008-02-13 = Touche

2008-02-15 = Approval email

2008-02-19 = Card Received

Hello Everyone,

I hoped i could be like the perfect couple who give immigration advice to others.Well this is my case,the last time i posted with a topic IS MARRIAGE TO A USC ALL ABOUT GC? unfortunately i am still wondering.

I do undersatnd that marriage is not bed of roses,but honestly what i have experienced in the past 7 months was never what i bargained for! I am the alien and my wife is the USC we really have a routine for major fights every two weeks.Each time very hurtful facts come out in our relationship up to the point of daring each other to leave,we both have expressed more than once our regrets to getting together.

The thought of divorce scares the daylight out of me first of all i have no clue what i would tell my parents! if this marriage ends up in a divorce i would be the very first family member in four generations,my wife seems to understand this and plays on it.Another factor is that i gave up my career to start from the scratch here in the US.My conditional green card was just approved in november 2007 and i just got an a great offer of appointment with one of the leading banks here.

My concerns are that my wife is very controlling she wants me to do every single thing she says but never listens to what me or any other person has to say, our recent fight was sparked off because i was given a car by a family memember and the title was not signed in her name.Basically all hell is let loose once when i differ from her opinion,i hardly ever imagined i would be in this kind of marriage,i guess no one ever does.How does a sane woman get up in a mans face and dare him to hit her when he never has?She and her family accuse me of using her for immigration purposes, this is wearing me out.

I am in graduate school now and my conditional GC expires in November 2009.I just like to prepare for the worst if either of us pull the divorce cord,i would like to complete my progarm and at least have reasonable profesional experience i can transfer outside the US.

I am so confused right now i do not want to be accused of using any one for immigration purposes at the same time i am only 24 and have no intention of having an unhappy life.We have one counsellor but the situation seems to deteriorate!

I am sorry for my whining but my question is what options are open to me(a conditional GC holder) if this marrige fails?

Thanks for the :help: !!

You have your conditional greencard. Should you divorce from now on....you can self petition to remove the conditions on your residency. You will need prove that your marriage was entered into in good faith, and that while married you had a marriage like any other.

Also, if you are in a graduate program, you may be able to have a student visa to continue your studies.

It sounds like your marriage problems could be worked out...if you both committed to do so. Have you tried suggesting you talk to a neutral person, to get another perspective? Good luck w/ whatever you do.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Hello Everyone,

You have your conditional greencard. Should you divorce from now on....you can self petition to remove the conditions on your residency. You will need prove that your marriage was entered into in good faith, and that while married you had a marriage like any other.

Also, if you are in a graduate program, you may be able to have a student visa to continue your studies.

It sounds like your marriage problems could be worked out...if you both committed to do so. Have you tried suggesting you talk to a neutral person, to get another perspective? Good luck w/ whatever you do.

-P

He needs no visa, he has PR. All he has to do is successfully remove conditions. He needs to assemble all evidence of a bonafide marriage, in the event that their marriage ends.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

-P

He needs no visa, he has PR. All he has to do is successfully remove conditions. He needs to assemble all evidence of a bonafide marriage, in the event that their marriage ends.

Right, visas are for entering countries. The green card does away with any need for a visa to enter the US. He's here already.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Is your wife a member here? She sounds familiar...

Seriously, I would run as far and as fast as possible. Life is too short to spend it married to a shrew. I understand your feelings about divorce - I do not believe in divorce - but even I would make an exception in this case.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Hello Everyone,

-P

Right, visas are for entering countries. The green card does away with any need for a visa to enter the US. He's here already.

I meant to suggest the student visa option in case the OP did not want or could not pursue removal of conditions...so that he could finish his study program.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

HA ! HA ! you married an american women......and as what I heard from several american men...they all are control freak :lol::bonk:

No offense :ph34r:

well I'll pray for you..and may the best for both of you comes out of it (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was happily divorced 2 time and in between and after I have been with women that are controlling and or just freak out and argue for no apparent reason. In researching these different women I came to the conclusion that every single one of them has mental health issues of some kind or other. They are good at controlling it until a serious commitment is carried through such as marriage or living with me. I am a mental case magnet here in the US and searched elsewhere to find what I would consider a "normal" woman.

I-129F mailed 12-17-2007

Received at CSC 12-18-2007

NOA1 December 19 2007

NOA2 April 30 2008

NVC sent packet to Manila May 12 2008

Interview set for June 18

Visa Denial, Contested & Approved

PDOS June 23

Flight to USA June 26

Arrival at DTW Visa accepted

Welcome to America!!!

Married 07/18/2008

Applied SS 07/22/09

Applied AOS around same time

Very happily married

EAD received Sept.

AP received Sept

No RFE's ...??

AOS Appointment 04-02-2009

AOS approved! Green card to be sent 3-6 weeks

Is your wife a member here? She sounds familiar...

Seriously, I would run as far and as fast as possible. Life is too short to spend it married to a shrew. I understand your feelings about divorce - I do not believe in divorce - but even I would make an exception in this case.

:lol::lol::lol:

Rocinante, you're a hoot.

iagree.gif

Sorry to hear about your situation. Being in love and getting married to a person is not the same. Marriage is not always bed of roses. I might not be the right person to say this as I am only married for about 2 months. But I know there are lots of tension in a marriage life especially we do not have the chance to live with our spouse before we are married.

My married woman friends told me that the 1st year of marriage is the hardest time as we only start to get to know each other. I argue too with my husband but we know that comes with the package.

Whatever your decision is, wishing you all the best and I hope you will see the lights at the end of the tunnel.

Best of luck!

03/21/06- Met online

10/13/06- Met in person (Los Angeles USA) (three weeks)

12/20/06- Met in person (Kuala Lumpur Malaysia) (three weeks)

02/13/07- Met in person (Nagoya Japan) (two days)

06/21/07- Met in person (Portland Oregon (via PDX), USA) (three weeks)

11/30/07- Met in person (Portland Oregon (via LAX), USA) (six weeks)

12/12/07- Got married (In a Light House!!!)

01/18/08- I-130 sent

01/21/08- I-130 received at Chicago Lock Box

02/15/08- Check cashed

02/26/08- NOA1 received (Notice date: 2/12/2008)

02/19/08- Touched

04/23/08- Met in person (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) (one week)

04/30/08- Here I am in USA!!!!

05/19/08- I-130 approved!

05/27/08- NVC received our application and case number assigned

06/02/08- DS-3032 sent & AOS Bill Generated

06/05/08- Paid AOS Bill online

06/16/08- DS-3032 email accepted by NVC

08/28/08- Case completed!

10/21/08- Interview date (Rescheduled by US Embassy- Original date 10/28)-PASSED!!!

10/22/08- Visa in hand!

10/31/08- POE- Seattle, WA

11/12/08- Received SSN in mail!

11/20/08- Got my WA driving license!

I-751

08/03/10- I-751 sent

08/09/10- NOA

08/24/10- Biometrics

10/28/10- Case approved

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
HA ! HA ! you married an american women......and as what I heard from several american men...they all are control freak :lol::bonk:

That's right!! Unfortunately, AW are very skilled at making you think they are decent people, up until the wedding is over and you take them home. Then it's as if a screw pops loose and they turn into monsters. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I have never heard of any...

making it look easy since::::April, 2005::::

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Cute.

I was happily divorced 2 time and in between and after I have been with women that are controlling and or just freak out and argue for no apparent reason. In researching these different women I came to the conclusion that every single one of them has mental health issues of some kind or other. They are good at controlling it until a serious commitment is carried through such as marriage or living with me. I am a mental case magnet here in the US and searched elsewhere to find what I would consider a "normal" woman.

What constitutes "normal" for you?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.