Eagleeye

She is a Control Freak!

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
HA ! HA ! you married an american women......and as what I heard from several american men...they all are control freak :lol::bonk:

No offense :ph34r:

well I'll pray for you..and may the best for both of you comes out of it (F)

Please tell me that I'm not the only freak on VJ who keeps inadvertently reading this person's username as "Lady Holes"......

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ,

Really sorry to know that ur in such a situation. why dont you convince her and seek some marriage councelling together it might help in ur case, she can also be prescribed some medication for her control problem.

best of luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

I hoped i could be like the perfect couple who give immigration advice to others.Well this is my case,the last time i posted with a topic IS MARRIAGE TO A USC ALL ABOUT GC? unfortunately i am still wondering.

I do undersatnd that marriage is not bed of roses,but honestly what i have experienced in the past 7 months was never what i bargained for! I am the alien and my wife is the USC we really have a routine for major fights every two weeks.Each time very hurtful facts come out in our relationship up to the point of daring each other to leave,we both have expressed more than once our regrets to getting together.

The thought of divorce scares the daylight out of me first of all i have no clue what i would tell my parents! if this marriage ends up in a divorce i would be the very first family member in four generations,my wife seems to understand this and plays on it.Another factor is that i gave up my career to start from the scratch here in the US.My conditional green card was just approved in november 2007 and i just got an a great offer of appointment with one of the leading banks here.

My concerns are that my wife is very controlling she wants me to do every single thing she says but never listens to what me or any other person has to say, our recent fight was sparked off because i was given a car by a family memember and the title was not signed in her name.Basically all hell is let loose once when i differ from her opinion,i hardly ever imagined i would be in this kind of marriage,i guess no one ever does.How does a sane woman get up in a mans face and dare him to hit her when he never has?She and her family accuse me of using her for immigration purposes, this is wearing me out.

I am in graduate school now and my conditional GC expires in November 2009.I just like to prepare for the worst if either of us pull the divorce cord,i would like to complete my progarm and at least have reasonable profesional experience i can transfer outside the US.

I am so confused right now i do not want to be accused of using any one for immigration purposes at the same time i am only 24 and have no intention of having an unhappy life.We have one counsellor but the situation seems to deteriorate!

I am sorry for my whining but my question is what options are open to me(a conditional GC holder) if this marrige fails?

Thanks for the :help:!!

Run away, people will not change

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

All you can do is continue to see a marriage counselor together....Seeing a counselor is considered "proof" the marriage was trying to be "saved" by you and your spouse. Thus, showing that you entered into the marriage with honest intentions.

Best of luck to you.

Nutty

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

My suggestion to you is to seek counseling help for abused people. You don't necessarily need to be physically abuse...Mental abuse is also a valid reason to seek help.

Secondly, if I were you I would seek another place to live temporarily. It gets you out of a situation where you can avoid her laying false charges on you (saying you hit here or threatened her). You can move with no problems what-so-ever if your name is not on the lease. There are no legal contracts between YOU and the LANDLORD. Only her.

Seeing a marriage counselor, seeing an abuse counselor, moving out temporarily are all good for establishing your case.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
i recently posted at wife is a control freak things are getting worse I CGC Holder is being falsely accused by USC wife of being violent,i have never hit a woman or child or pet,i have no record of domestic abuse.i realize she does this to have a ground to mess up my life.i have only been here less than a year but i know the implication of having a recod of violence,During an arguement she threatened to put me out and call the police,i have never hit her and since she is very skilled in the art of manipualtion,i believe she can go as far as getting bruises and putting it on me.

She threatened to call the police on me and accuse me of putting her life in danger because i raised my voice at her,i would learn later that she lied to her relatives that i break stuff,kick stuff around when i am annoyed.I came home late from an online study group and she locked the doors from inside so i could not get in.Its funny because she claims she is scared of her life but i when i try to get away from her when she is yelling so she would not make any false allegations but she stands in the door and tells me i can get out! when she did this i sat in a corner and waited until she finished ranting.I have no relatives in this state and frankly i have no trust as to what next she would do.Its all coming to light for me now though we are married and live at the same place my name is not on the lease.

She has threatened that if i left her family would deal with me.i have talked with a police officer telling to ask i i could file a compalint that she is falsly accusing me but was told that until a crime is commited no records can be made.Does any one know how i can protect myself from future allegations?

I need advice as fast as possible,my instinct is telling me to leave the house to avoid any future accqusations.

:help::crying:

Thanks

Although I am an American woman, control freaks are in every country, every race, gender - that doesn't matter. The tough part is when you realize that you married one. Sometimes we can accept it, tolerate it and because we love each other we can move on - in your case, not so much. When abuse happens, you begin to run the risk of he said/she said and threats of domestic violence - you don't want that or deserve it. Get out of this marriage now. Don't worry that your family will be upset if you divorce, they'll get over it once they know the situation you're living in. Furthermore, remember to take everything with you that you'll need for immigration.

On a positive note, if you have been offered a decent job take it, work hard, live simply and you'll be ok. Remember, this is still America - many people have come here with very high hopes only to be let down. But the cool thing is people (immigrants) use that experience to strengthen themselves and really can pull themselves up out of a bad situation and be a success. You can do this. You have a while before you have to remove the conditions and immigration has seen situations like yours before - you most definitely are not alone.

God bless you...put it all in the Lord's hands and you'll get through this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
HA ! HA ! you married an american women......and as what I heard from several american men...they all are control freak :lol::bonk:

offence taken, dont catagorize all american women when you obviously have no clue what your talking about. :blink:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

One's perception of the situation might explain much: for example, if one person is trying to acclimate the OP to a new way of life, the OP might feel it's "control" when it's not intended and should not be construed that way. But everyone is so quick to judge...

Edited by tito

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
i recently posted at wife is a control freak things are getting worse I CGC Holder is being falsely accused by USC wife of being violent,i have never hit a woman or child or pet,i have no record of domestic abuse.i realize she does this to have a ground to mess up my life.i have only been here less than a year but i know the implication of having a recod of violence,During an arguement she threatened to put me out and call the police,i have never hit her and since she is very skilled in the art of manipualtion,i believe she can go as far as getting bruises and putting it on me.

She threatened to call the police on me and accuse me of putting her life in danger because i raised my voice at her,i would learn later that she lied to her relatives that i break stuff,kick stuff around when i am annoyed.I came home late from an online study group and she locked the doors from inside so i could not get in.Its funny because she claims she is scared of her life but i when i try to get away from her when she is yelling so she would not make any false allegations but she stands in the door and tells me i can get out! when she did this i sat in a corner and waited until she finished ranting.I have no relatives in this state and frankly i have no trust as to what next she would do.Its all coming to light for me now though we are married and live at the same place my name is not on the lease.

She has threatened that if i left her family would deal with me.i have talked with a police officer telling to ask i i could file a compalint that she is falsly accusing me but was told that until a crime is commited no records can be made.Does any one know how i can protect myself from future allegations?

I need advice as fast as possible,my instinct is telling me to leave the house to avoid any future accqusations.

:help::crying:

Thanks

Be strong for yourself ....Donot lose any temper by any means ...calmly listens to her ranting ....Count from 10 .to 1...., take a deep breaths .......etc

I think she need to control her anger .......by yoga/ meditations.......then resolve issues peacefully.

People think better , wisely ...when they are calm and understanding nature than FREAKY CONTROLLING , SHORT TEMPERED NATURE...ETC

hope for best .......whatever you decide..thats why "MARRIAGES ARE MADE IN HEAVEN "" not any more i think some times ...since they" MAY HAPPEN HELL TOO"

Just curious where are you and she from originally?

11/25/07 Marriage

Vermont Service center

USCIS Journey CR1/IR1

01/06/08 Sent I-130

01/08/08 I-130 received at chicago lock box (USPS)

02/08/08 NOA1 Notice Date

02/12/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy

08/11/08 Received approval email (after 7 months and 3 days...Waiting)

08/15/08 Received NOA2 hardcopy

NVC Journey

08/13/08 NVC case# assigned

08/19/08 DS-3032 e mail sent and got auto response

08/20/08 Received IIN#(one nice rep gave me number)

08/22/08 paid I-864 bill online

08/23/08 I-864 bill status "PAID" online(saturday) but AVR message says " case number assigned ....blah

08/23/08 Printed out I-864 package online and Barcode sheet

08/25/08 I-864 package sent overnight

08/25/08 DS3032 Hardcopy sent by express mail (Hopefully they accept it ..But AVR says AOS fee received/paid on 08/23/08)

08/26/08 I-864 package received per USPS

08/28/08 I-864 package entered into NVC system

08/27/08 NVC accepted DS-3032 (But AVR does not say that)

08/28/08 IV bill generated ( still AVR does NOT say that) but online INVOICE says "NOT PAID"

08/28/08 IV bill paid online "IN PROCESS" status

08/29/08 IV bill "PAID" status (AVR says , they received DS3032)

08/29/08 DS-230 generated

09/02/08 DS-230 and required documents mailed

09/03/08 DS-230 form arrives at NVC per usps

09/04/08 DS-230 information entered into NVC system

09/15/08 CASE COMPLETE(32 days no RFE)

10/15/08 sent to consulate

11/10/08 Medical PASSED

11/18/08 Interview....VISA GRANTED ...

US..

11/29/08 ..POE at Houston

12/15/08 ..Welcome letter

12/16/08 ..SSN received

12/29/08 Green card received

Cute.

I was happily divorced 2 time and in between and after I have been with women that are controlling and or just freak out and argue for no apparent reason. In researching these different women I came to the conclusion that every single one of them has mental health issues of some kind or other. They are good at controlling it until a serious commitment is carried through such as marriage or living with me. I am a mental case magnet here in the US and searched elsewhere to find what I would consider a "normal" woman.

What constitutes "normal" for you?

hmm less nutcase. :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.