w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Four Generations

42 posts in this topic

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, that was a bit extreme, but trying to relate to people through stereotypes? That is cringeworthy.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I think you'll probably leave work in concrete boots if you try to relate to collegues based on those personality profiles though, I mean...well, really!

Why concrete boots?

try swimming in them.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Ok, that was a bit extreme, but trying to relate to people through stereotypes? That is cringeworthy.

The Steve Carell character in The Office does that. Cringeworthy is about right...

His idea of celebrating "diversity" seems to involve some throwing some sort of "Mexican Fiesta" - complete with Donkey, sombrero, mustache and Pinata.

We had these kinda of studies all the time when I was studying Behavior Science (which I graduated with). The whole course load was about "bridging communication gaps" and different managerial theories and categorization. Parts of it were stereotyping, sure, but there is some truth behind the stereotyping as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Didn't someone post something similar not too long ago about 20-somethings needing more positive reinforcement at work than their older colleagues? Maybe I read it somewhere else, but it basically said that those of us borderline Gen X and Gen Y would sacrifice salary for pats on the back.

Count me out!

Filed: Timeline
I'll give you goddess rage young man

This sounds like some bull$hit you get in a management class conducted by HR

I took one once (was required) that told you everyone was a different "color" - apparently I was blue-green

I had you pegged for aqua.

I guess I'm kinda of aqua - I don't get along with the "reds" or the "red-yellows" I was told

Are they American men over 40+ with foreign brides? :lol:

Edited by devilette

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The Steve Carell character in The Office does that. Cringeworthy is about right...

His idea of celebrating "diversity" seems to involve some throwing some sort of "Mexican Fiesta" - complete with Donkey, sombrero, mustache and Pinata.

:lol: The show is funny and depressing at the same time.

We had these kinda of studies all the time when I was studying Behavior Science (which I graduated with). The whole course load was about "bridging communication gaps" and different managerial theories and categorization. Parts of it were stereotyping, sure, but there is some truth behind the stereotyping as well.

Isn't there a difference though between making a generalization and stereotyping?

Wha....it sounds like a dating site to attract mates from foreign countries.

What an azz :wacko:

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Wha....it sounds like a dating site to attract mates from foreign countries.

What an azz :wacko:

I was being sarcastic, Eric. I imagined the list to be in some magazine called mail-order husbands as a joke...oh never mind.

Generalizations and stereotypes exist everywhere...they aren't bad per se, but they can be construed to mean more than what they really are. :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

the color theory is nothing new.. almost every business career course talks about the six thinking hats by edward bono..

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Timeline
This is something I got at work. It is supposed to help us 'relate' to coworkers from different generations by telling us what their values are.

Your thoughts?

Four Generations with Diverse Values

My thoughts are that I have all those values. ;)

I guess I'm kinda of aqua - I don't get along with the "reds" or the "red-yellows" I was told

I'm yellow-red. :hehe:

iagree.gif

management. sheesh

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Indeed, The Office. I guess that's why it's so funny. :D

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .