w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Four Generations

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

This is something I got at work. It is supposed to help us 'relate' to coworkers from different generations by telling us what their values are.

Your thoughts?

Four Generations with Diverse Values

Traditionalists

1928 to 1945

• Conservatism
  • Discipline
  • Loyalty
  • Conformity
  • Dedication
  • Sacrifice
Boomers

1946 to 1964

• Personal expression
  • Idealism
  • Health and wellness
  • Career-oriented
  • Family commitment
Generation X

1965 to 1979

• Free agency
  • Street-smart
  • Cynical
  • Sense of family
  • Informality
Generation Y

1980 to 2000

• Optimistic
  • Strong collaboration
  • Respect for institutions
  • Diversity oriented
  • Highly communicative
Edited by VJ Troll

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I'll give you goddess rage young man

This sounds like some bull$hit you get in a management class conducted by HR

I took one once (was required) that told you everyone was a different "color" - apparently I was blue-green

:lol:

yeap...management class is right.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I took one once (was required) that told you everyone was a different "color" - apparently I was blue-green

I had you pegged for aqua.

I guess I'm kinda of aqua - I don't get along with the "reds" or the "red-yellows" I was told

90day.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I guess I'm kinda of aqua - I don't get along with the "reds" or the "red-yellows" I was told

:lol:

So how do you use that? Do you go around and ask people "so what color are you?" in meetings? Maybe even put their colors on the freakin' agenda so everyone "knows" who to sit next to?

If I knew the answer to that I would work in the Human Remains - I mean Human Resources department

90day.jpg

Colour management? Intruiging. HR seem to have way too much time on their hands.

I think you'll probably leave work in concrete boots if you try to relate to collegues based on those personality profiles though, I mean...well, really!

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .