SusieK

GOT AN INTERVIEW WITH RADIO STATION

91 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

tried to add this on but couldn't

I've been through both the US and Canadian family immigration processes, the US process sucks. Every step is ridiculously long. the fact that there are multiple steps seems designed to slow the process down. Why can't we just send in all of our applications at once. essentially no one gets denied at the I130 stage, yet we have to wait for the processing of that before we can file any of our supporting documents. Then everyone has to wait for an interview-we waited 4 months for an interview that lasted less than 3 minutes. We'd been married 4 years at that point, the interviewer had clearly decided to approve us before we even started talking, why make us go for an interview in that situation at all?? Even with the 4 month wait, we still had to rush around to actually get to Montreal because they would only tell me when the interview was scheduled 2.5 weeks before the date. There is no reason the interviews can't be scheduled months in advance instead of just for the next month, but they aren't.

Simple changes to the system, streamlining it would make it less work for USCIS, less work for us, and make the process run faster. If all of the forms were sent in at once, only one person would have to check it over for completeness and if not complete send it all back. Instead each form is checked all by it's self and each error gets it's own RFE. It's like the system has been designed to break up US/foreign marriages by stressing them with years of separation.

Edited by thermophile

met summer 1999, summer 2000 hooked up-whoo hoo summer fling

summer fling failed to fizzle, married 2003

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

4/1/04 no word from NE contacted senators office, app found

NOA1 4/13/04

Gave up on ridiculously long US process-started Canadian

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

10/4/05 fly back to US to "finish up Master's" lose mind and switch to PhD

Damn it back to the US process

3/something/2005 finally get NOA2, no idea why it took so long

4/15/07 get case approval from NVC

8/9/07 Montreal here we come

10/14/07 hubby activated his visa

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is great, thanks for doing all the work to make this happen. do you know if there will be a web archive of the show? I have class during the time that it'll be aired.

Therm,

Will request a dub of the tape and figure out how I can post it here if its ok...

Thank you for your response and situation -

Cheers

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline
heres my story ! :luv: THEY NEED TO HURRY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I met mine in Elementary school back in 1987 in Lima Peru. I was born in NY but gre up in Lima

I had a huge crush on him! and used to follow him around like a lil stalker very terrible of me! ha ha !

Then in 1989 I moved to a different school closer to my house and he moved to Mexico. Never saw eachother again. Years passed and I moved back to NY went to college here in NY Ive been here for 9 years. In 2005 my friend told me to go check out this website hi5 that I could find some many people from Lima AND OLD FRIENDS so I did and found a lot of older friends, Then I wondered how this lil kid that I used to follow back in elemntary school was doing?! and looked for him and indeed found him..

We started messagin back and forth until we started chatting on the MSN and became good friends. months passed and In jan of 06 went to Lima to visit my family and to meeet him again ha ha.

IT WAS AMAZING we saw eachother and felt as if we have never lost contact I mean 19 YEARS HAD PASSED! and it felt as if we were friends FOREVER!

we felt we were meant ot be! We kept our long distance relationship alive i started travelling there every 6 months since 06, its hard to give tourist visas to come here so as much as he wanted he got denied. So we just kept positive and Of course I didn t mind traveling there! went there in jan 06, october of 06, april of 07 and last trip October of 07....

Oct 07 He proposed in front of hundreds of people at the airport in one of my trips there! and now we are engaged.

Came back to NY and sent the application with ALL of its requirments. I sent everything translated emails, letters birhtdyas cards, declarations of love , tons of pictures. Notarized Letters from my parents witnessing our engagement, what they asked I sent. =)

I also met my wife on hi5!!!!

martin11581.hi5.com

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Peru

Marriage : 11/25/2006

I-130 Sent : 2007-04-23

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-05-24

I-130 Approved : 2007-10-16

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-01-09

NVC Left : 01/29/2008

Med appt: 03/03/2008

Interview Date : 03/17/2008

Visa Received : 03/24/2008

US Entry : 03/27/2008 TICKET BOUGHT

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 146 days from your filing date.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline

I met mine in Elementary school back in 1987 in Lima Peru. I was born in NY but gre up in Lima

I had a huge crush on him! and used to follow him around like a lil stalker very terrible of me! ha ha !

Then in 1989 I moved to a different school closer to my house and he moved to Mexico. Never saw eachother again. Years passed and I moved back to NY went to college here in NY Ive been here for 9 years. In 2005 my friend told me to go check out this website hi5 that I could find some many people from Lima AND OLD FRIENDS so I did and found a lot of older friends, Then I wondered how this lil kid that I used to follow back in elemntary school was doing?! and looked for him and indeed found him..

We started messagin back and forth until we started chatting on the MSN and became good friends. months passed and In jan of 06 went to Lima to visit my family and to meeet him again ha ha.

IT WAS AMAZING we saw eachother and felt as if we have never lost contact I mean 19 YEARS HAD PASSED! and it felt as if we were friends FOREVER!

we felt we were meant ot be! We kept our long distance relationship alive i started travelling there every 6 months since 06, its hard to give tourist visas to come here so as much as he wanted he got denied. So we just kept positive and Of course I didn t mind traveling there! went there in jan 06, october of 06, april of 07 and last trip October of 07....

Oct 07 He proposed in front of hundreds of people at the airport in one of my trips there! and now we are engaged.

Came back to NY and sent the application with ALL of its requirments. I sent everything translated emails, letters birhtdyas cards, declarations of love , tons of pictures. Notarized Letters from my parents witnessing our engagement, what they asked I sent. =)

That's what I'm talking about.They need to hurry up ! Your story is so similar to mine,it's amazing.

Thank you so much - combinations of any and all are appreciated and AGAIN I WILL NOT SAY NAMES - just that our story will finally be heard and the broadcast is international......................................... :devil:

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

martin11581.hi5.com

Martin-

Congrats btw - :dance:

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

08/10Received

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

this is great, thanks for doing all the work to make this happen. do you know if there will be a web archive of the show? I have class during the time that it'll be aired.

WISH US LUCK PEEPS ITS TOMORROW:

http://www.1190wamt.com/programs.shtml

JUST HIT THE BUTTON ON THE LEFT SIDE THAT SAYS LISTEN LIVE

Hours are 6pm to 7pm

Remember you can call in and ask questions and also you can click on the link and hear whats going on.......

Area Code 407 273-1190

And its broadcast via web the web......

Super excited for all of us

Cheers

Edited by SusieK

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

martin11581.hi5.com

LOL I met my Husband on Hi5 as well!!! WOW :thumbs:

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

This will definitely go out to the heart of Floridian's and to many. Let me see if I can do it justice in conveying the story to you. It is a real current situation.

The USCIS is reviewing my expedite request. It has taken them a little over month to get the details. Normally I would of not requested it, but my mother is dying from cancer and wants to see my fiancee and I married before she dies. Hope that happens, however, I am assuming we are minimal 2 months to 3 months out even if it goes quickly and mom is starting to show signs that things are getting worse. She was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, unable to opperate and it now has speard to her spine, brain, lung, liver and who knows where else. Looks like it is moving rapidly. Unfortunately she is also the caretaker for my 76 year old father and my 91 year old aunt and without her there, I will have to take care of them to keep them in their home they worked for their whole life for. I am making plans to temporalily reside there in Florida, not change my current address as I have a job where I can work form different places in the US, but to provide them security in their home. I sent off the heart felt request to the USCIS begging they help honor my Mothers wishes to us married before she passes and to allow my Fiancee and I to provide care for them as my Fiancee wants to help. My mother was a school bus driver and my father, a painter, both retired for a good number of years and have paid their dues in life. Anyway the USCIS requested additional information back on December 20th, 15 days after I sent the request, which I found to be some what unresponsive, but I provided a two page letter from me and the Doctors diagnosis, limited in detail because of Hippa laws. To date, I have heard nothing. I have made calls to the USCIS an been told literally "so what". Gee you think they would have a heart. Also, I called and was told they can not find my expedite request, so I faxed it to them again, pleading my case. Again, a week or so later I called the USCIS, now 5 months into my Fiancee Visa request asking for some update. At this point, I am told "nobdy has access to your case file and can tell you anything. Sit back and wait and we hope your Mom can live several months more, because it may take us some time to find your request. Say what? Find my request, your kidding. Nope, we do not see anything from you yet. At this point, I am speechless, begining to loose faith in anything happening and wondering what to tell my family. I can not imagine our Government being so unresponsive. I still pray I will make it in time and pray for a response, whatever it will be. I am not looking to bypass anyone but to just honor a life request. The last call I made this week, a kind woman from the USCIS practically was crying with me on the phone and said to me she was so sorry that the USCIS had not responded to me about my request. She read my plea and said she had recently lost her mother and would give anything to to do something her wanted to do for her. Well enough said, I thanked her and assured her this was not her fault but she felt compelled to me it is, because the USCIS should take ownership to answer the request. She had seen other requests for military personnel or ranking Gov officials that did not have anything like I was facing get approved quickly. Again, she appologized and said she was sorry. For now, I am left praying for help.

In the last week I have appealed to my congressman and so has my mother. There must be a better way.

Taf- Sent Holly the email for the call for the show - will wait for you to post your news here - omg hun - I hope this helped but congrats on the sudden appearance of the NOA2 and some of the other things we spoke about - Your call is going to strangle USCIS I luv it - Did your Senator really say to USCIS that is was going to be broadcast lol - if so - vote that person in

xxxxxxx

Edited by SusieK

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hours are 6pm to 7pm

Remember you can call in and ask questions and also you can click on the link and hear whats going on.......

Area Code 407 273-1190

Cheers

Good luck Susie on Friday !!!!!!!!!

thanks again for being our voice.

i will be listening.

jimi

Hours are 6pm to 7pm

Area Code 407 273-1190

Cheers

i will be listening.

jimi

Jimi,

thanks mate,

I have also had some private messages and emails from people saying oh wow, I want to hear this but im in germany or the Uk or Egypt - well the link above if you go to the website there is the button that say you can listen live - just click - you will be able to hear from around the world - I LUV MODERN TECHNOLOGY

xxxx

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hours are 6pm to 7pm

Area Code 407 273-1190

Cheers

i will be listening.

jimi

Jimi I will be at work and unable to listen. PM me and let me know if you have a way for me to listen to it Saturday.

met online November 18, 2004 (my mother's birthday)

first visit February 7, 2005

filed I-129F 3/2005

receipt confirmed 4/29/05

USCIS approval 12/5/05

received P3 3/2006

received P4 6/2006

interview 8/28/06

interview failed with white slip

married November 6, 2006

fourth visit March 2007

filed I-130 for CR1 July 12, 2007

NOA1 received July 26, 2007

fifth visit October 28, 2007

1st wedding anniversary November 6, 2007

NOA2 received March 8, 2008

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I think it's very important to tell people about how poorly intending immigrants and their USC fiances/spouses are treated by USCIS' "Customer Service" centers.

When calling in to check on my husbands case during the K-1 process- the woman told me something totally different from what I'd been told just a few days before, and when I asked her why she was telling me something different- she actually started yelling at me like you'd expect a toddler to, saying, "You are a liar! Lying! Liar! Liar! That's a lie!"

I think a lot of the officers treat us badly because they have a cozy government job, with no real requirement to strive for good quality services. It doesn't help that the ones treating us this way, probably get a power trip over the fact that many of us are afraid to complain or 'ask for a supervisor' like we would for ANY other service in this country simply because we don't want to jeopardize our efforts to get our loved ones back to us as soon as possible.

image5sa8.jpg

Lifting Conditions

03/30/2010: Petition mailed

04/05/2010: NOA

04/09/2010: NOA received in mail

04/20/2010: Biometrics Appointment

06/22/2010: RFE date

06/30/2010: RFE received

07/16/2010: RFE reply sent

07/19/2010: RFE delivery confirmed

08/05/2010: Card Production Ordered!

I think it's very important to tell people about how poorly intending immigrants and their USC fiances/spouses are treated by USCIS' "Customer Service" centers.

When calling in to check on my husbands case during the K-1 process- the woman told me something totally different from what I'd been told just a few days before, and when I asked her why she was telling me something different- she actually started yelling at me like you'd expect a toddler to, saying, "You are a liar! Lying! Liar! Liar! That's a lie!"

I think a lot of the officers treat us badly because they have a cozy government job, with no real requirement to strive for good quality services. It doesn't help that the ones treating us this way, probably get a power trip over the fact that many of us are afraid to complain or 'ask for a supervisor' like we would for ANY other service in this country simply because we don't want to jeopardize our efforts to get our loved ones back to us as soon as possible.

Cassaandra + Yuibi-

Hear you loud and clear, today is the day - spent alot of time last night on the phone with some wonderful people from VJ - have many stories and will try to get the jest of them in.

The one that made me fall off my chair and hopefully Taf post today although I think he is still in shock is this - His application got approved after his Senator sent in once again the request for expedite due to his mother's illness and a little note stating that " oh did you know this topic was going to be discussed on a FOX broadcast channel in the next few days" - could be just a timing perfection, but Taf thinks not. He also received a call from some head hefa at USCIS saying oh wow we couldnt find your paperwork but we have it now and will be approving your application immediately and then sending to NVC post haste. Hmmmm............

His story is one of many, but the more that call the more our voices will be heard. I know that there are people that will say "YOU CAN NOT FIX THE SYSTEM" but I can not accept that, for we know its broken, but with everyone doing what they can with their hammer and nails, we can try to mend parts of it. If not for us, for future Visa Journey people.

This show has a great audience and the hosts are super. Jamie and I will do our best to represent a broad area of what is going on, but I think our jest of the conversations besides the heartache and waiting will be this area:

MISINFORMATION - this is the biggest cause of frustration to many in all the threads - the CSR level of information is lower than McDonalds - I mean a person reading from a script is ok, but when a question is asked and I mean THE SAME QUESTION in one day (and yes we did this) and you receive three different answers for the same question, that tells me something is drastically wrong - this message needs to hit home. I get better responses from the WalMart greeter!!!

The government is unwilling to admit that the system has fallen apart, but yet we know different. Why, because of the experiences of this forum and other forums. Read the topics, and you will see - ask a simple question, get a million different answers and no clear guidance and if they had the thought to do so, at least update that website of theirs to reflect truth instead of totally insane timelines and did they ever fix the Chicago Lockbox blunder???

When you say that your file will be adjudicated within 9-10 months then act upon your words - when you say that the Chicago Lockbox is up to January 11, 2008 and there are so many that do not even have a NOA1 from September forward - that does not make sense. Reflect that SOME application are being processed from receiving date of January, but dont mislead people to believe that wow I filed in October and my check has not been cashed - keeping this in mind, maybe people would not be dialing that 800 number to inquire as to what to believe.

Dont tell someone that they are in FBI name check for security and then Congressional inquiry discovers that the file has been misplaced and approved the next day - That is inhumane and has incompetent written all over it.

Dont tell someone your file is lost on one day and yet the person receiveds an RFE the next day in the mail - if a file is lost and can not be found, then how can you possibly send an RFE -

So many more.........we all know the stories by now......but now they get shared and hopefully someone can walk in our shoes for once and have some better clout than any of us and get something done about this mess!!!

Thank you to all for your stories, and will try to obtain dub of tape to share here. Again, if you have the time and are within reach of a phone, the producers of the show will take your calls and finally you will have YOUR VOICE!!!!

xxxxx

p.s There will be a few political people listening tonight as well - so who knows , but guess what - I am willing to take the time, the effort to speak - dont knock the messanger - its the best I can do for now.

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.