SusieK

GOT AN INTERVIEW WITH RADIO STATION

91 posts in this topic

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Susie, Thanks A Million, I pledge to become more pro active. Trying to tell anyone that will listen. John&Jean

Thanks hun, again whatever fits our nature (some are good to be quiet and listen, others are vocal and this makes us so special the two different personalities ) but things are somewhat out of hand with USCIS as we all know, and with VALENTINES DAY COMING - hence the reason for the broadcast, it only seems to be appropriate to make a stand.

God bless ya mate on your journey....... will update all to exact time hopefully later today and I have tons of stories and pms - also a few people are trying to make the broadcast with me...... just thanks to everyone that is sharing their experiences and again, I will never mention names. Just the jest of the hardships and a few of the good ones also.

Cheers

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Hey Susie i have an idea, when you are in the broadcast live, why you dont make a call to USCIS

so people will hear from them Live?

That would be good!

:devil:

Susie, Thanks A Million, I pledge to become more pro active. Trying to tell anyone that will listen. John&Jean

Thanks hun, again whatever fits our nature (some are good to be quiet and listen, others are vocal and this makes us so special the two different personalities ) but things are somewhat out of hand with USCIS as we all know, and with VALENTINES DAY COMING - hence the reason for the broadcast, it only seems to be appropriate to make a stand.

God bless ya mate on your journey....... will update all to exact time hopefully later today and I have tons of stories and pms - also a few people are trying to make the broadcast with me...... just thanks to everyone that is sharing their experiences and again, I will never mention names. Just the jest of the hardships and a few of the good ones also.

Cheers

VSC I130 Petition Timeline

VSC Received my Petition on Nov 16 2007 Signed By Paul Novak

Finally NOA1 Dated 1/24/08

Finally on System 2/24/08

Umm Case Date Last Updated 2/24/08 Touch Lets See on the following weeks!

Touched Finally 3/26/08

Approved 3/26/08

Hard copy NOA2 received 3/31/08

Case Received by the NVC 3/31/08

Case Number Assigned 3/31/08

4/10/08 Case Transfered to Managua Embassy

4/15/08 Case Received by Managua Embassy

4/28/08 Interview @ US Embassy in Managua Nicaragua

4/28/08 Approved Visa

5/6/08 POE @ Ft Lauderdale Florida

5/6/08 Happy Days!

AOS

4/1/10 USPS delivered I751 Form Signed by Dan Renaud

5/19/10 Interview for Biometrics and Photo

6/24/10 Card In Production

Waiting for Green Card to be delivered.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I would love to participate, just need more information.

:innocent: Is there an exact time slot for this airing?

I-130

07/29/2007---began process

01/24/2008---I-130 APPROVED (email)

I-129F

11/2007-------sent I-129F - VSC

02/17/2008---touched (at Vermont)

...I'm CR1 now--IV bill shows CR1--oh well

NVC

02/12/2007---at NVC

02/25/2008---received DS-3032 and AOS bill

03/10/2008---received IV Bill ($400!!)

03/24/2008---mailed DS2032

10/10/2008---approved at NVC

11/06/2008---interview (more evidence)

02/17/2009---2nd interview- PASSED!!!!!

04/01/2009---He finally landed on US soil. (no joke)

4309082_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Moonlit I am not sure if this is possible but will get more details tomorrow and the narrator is watching this thread so hopefully she can help me out here, and OMG Milton lmao - spit out more coffee on the screen that would be the all time classic!!!!! :devil:

Will update tomorrow all ------------------

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

08/10Received

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Also other detail, they are prioritizing cases for residents that filed to become US Citizens , since we are in election year

they want them to be US Citizens to have their votes, but honestly they should be aware also that the majority of people like us who are US Citizens

that want to be with our loved ones, appears that they are not counting with our Votes!

We havent seen results, and we need results NOW.

For example:Open Tourist Visa for all of US who have waited all this months. Until case is approved.

Or Direct Consular Filing for all of US who have waited, they will have minus worked done

since embassy can do most of the job.

They have tons of options for us!!!

:help:

Moonlit I am not sure if this is possible but will get more details tomorrow and the narrator is watching this thread so hopefully she can help me out here, and OMG Milton lmao - spit out more coffee on the screen that would be the all time classic!!!!! :devil:

Will update tomorrow all ------------------

VSC I130 Petition Timeline

VSC Received my Petition on Nov 16 2007 Signed By Paul Novak

Finally NOA1 Dated 1/24/08

Finally on System 2/24/08

Umm Case Date Last Updated 2/24/08 Touch Lets See on the following weeks!

Touched Finally 3/26/08

Approved 3/26/08

Hard copy NOA2 received 3/31/08

Case Received by the NVC 3/31/08

Case Number Assigned 3/31/08

4/10/08 Case Transfered to Managua Embassy

4/15/08 Case Received by Managua Embassy

4/28/08 Interview @ US Embassy in Managua Nicaragua

4/28/08 Approved Visa

5/6/08 POE @ Ft Lauderdale Florida

5/6/08 Happy Days!

AOS

4/1/10 USPS delivered I751 Form Signed by Dan Renaud

5/19/10 Interview for Biometrics and Photo

6/24/10 Card In Production

Waiting for Green Card to be delivered.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

ALL the APPLICATIONS ARE SCANNED, ENTERED AND HAS A NUMBER ANYWAY NOA1 (MOST OF THEM UNTIL NOVEMBER) CAN BE PROCESSED THROUGH DCF WITHOUT ANY ADDITIONAL EFFORTS. What I mean it since all the data is electronic an U.S embassy in U.K, India, or china can access petitions for their county and start processing them. Utilizing remote employees to reduce workload is not ROCKET SCIENCE …. But again it’s the U.S government and its citizens who cares right… think about it … come tax time IRS will employee 1000 of extra people to process W-2; because their could be money coming to the federal government. I bet IRS will have the most efficient work flow methods out of all government agencies…. Man it pisses me off every time I think about It.... I got to cool down

Wow, this is awesome! Way to go organizing this!

I don't know if you want, but I feel like my husband and I have had a fairly easy time of this visa process so far, so if you want a "best case scenario" you can use ours. We met at Michigan State the day after my husband got there, August 11th, 2005. I was showing all the exchange students around. Most of them weren't from Europe, so when I saw this blonde haired guy sitting with a lot of the other US students leaders, I figured he was American as well, but was too cool to wear the required shirt. I sat down and said hi, then heard his accent and was like, "oops, not american". Anyways, we wound up living very near each other, so we kept running into each other over the next few weeks. We started talking, realized we had a lot in common and he practically moved in for the next 4 months :) I called my mom 2 weeks after we started dating and told her I was going to marry him one day. He left Dec. 2005, we continued to visit back and forth every few months when we could afford it (not very often when we're both students!). I went over there January 07 and he surprised me with a trip to Prague and a proposal overlooking the city at midnight. Very romantic :) I got everything together when I got home and filed the end of that month (I'd been doing research on VJ and other sites for some months so I knew what to do). Our NOA1 date was Feb. 2nd 07, NOA2 date May 3rd (though I never received notification via e-mail, the website or paper copy, so it wasn't until I called 2 weeks later using the RFE trick that I found out. I then called USCIS 2 weeks after that about the paper copy, saying my case had left NVC going to the embassy and was told K1's don't GO to NVC :blink: ). We got his interview scheduled in London for July 3rd and he moved over here July 25th. We got married August 30th, big wedding and all that I got together in 3 months, go me :) We filed for AOS, EAD and AP Sept. 21th, got both AP and EAD Nov. 26th and we have our interview in Cleveland Thursday. Crossing our fingers it all goes well and we are not stuck in FBI name checks. So, from start to finish, Feb to July to get him here (back in 07, now its just that for an NOA2!) and almost exactly one year from filing the K1 to our green card interview.

Looking back, I feel SO lucky and blessed to have gone through with no RFE's, the quickest possible approval at the time, my husband has VWP so could come visit the US and fast interviews both at the embassy and local stages. However, the last year has been AWEFUL, while all my friends and family have been planning their weddings for months/years, I threw mine together in 3 months. While they got to see their fiance for more than 10 days since they got engaged, I got to talk to mine a few hours each day. We met in college, fell in love, very typical for people our age, but we had to spend $1000's that we didn't have and months apart just to be together. Compared to most on VJ, I don't have much to complain about, but when you are out in the real world and everyone asks where is your fiance, when do you get to see him next, questions why he's even marrying you, it really really hurts. Then having to provide your entire life story, including love letters, financial documents to some unseen face who determines the rest of your life... Its degrading and frustrating. Necessary, but still frustrating all the same. Like you said earlier, if the employee's who answer the phones could at least be civil, knowlegable and truthful, it would help SO much. Thank you for getting the frustrations of US citizens who just want the simple right to be with their loved ones out there. Everyone cares about illegal immigration, but it seems like legal immigration, especially family based visa's, are left on the back burner.

Edited by msu17

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

TAKE NOTE PLEASE:

Here is the latest email from Holly

We will broadcast live at Ocean 7, which is located at 2258 S kirkman

Rd

( & Metrowest Blvd in the Wal-Mart Shopping Plaza) The broadcast starts

at 6:04 precisely, so you shouls arrive no later than 5:45pm. I think

it

will be better to do the interview from the live broadcast vs in-studio

because we can have more people participate because there's more room.

We'll have a four Mic's set-up, so anyone who wants to tell their story

can join in. Also, if people cannot be there in person and still want

to

tell their story, they can call 407 273 1190, while we are on air and

we

can get them on that way.

Any Questions, let me know.

OMG MATES U CAN CALL IN _ OK THIS IS ABOUT US - PLEASE IF YOU HAVE THE TIME PLEASE PLEASE DO IT

Cheers

Susie

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Wow, this is awesome! Way to go organizing this!

I don't know if you want, but I feel like my husband and I have had a fairly easy time of this visa process so far, so if you want a "best case scenario" you can use ours. We met at Michigan State the day after my husband got there, August 11th, 2005. I was showing all the exchange students around. Most of them weren't from Europe, so when I saw this blonde haired guy sitting with a lot of the other US students leaders, I figured he was American as well, but was too cool to wear the required shirt. I sat down and said hi, then heard his accent and was like, "oops, not american". Anyways, we wound up living very near each other, so we kept running into each other over the next few weeks. We started talking, realized we had a lot in common and he practically moved in for the next 4 months :) I called my mom 2 weeks after we started dating and told her I was going to marry him one day. He left Dec. 2005, we continued to visit back and forth every few months when we could afford it (not very often when we're both students!). I went over there January 07 and he surprised me with a trip to Prague and a proposal overlooking the city at midnight. Very romantic :) I got everything together when I got home and filed the end of that month (I'd been doing research on VJ and other sites for some months so I knew what to do). Our NOA1 date was Feb. 2nd 07, NOA2 date May 3rd (though I never received notification via e-mail, the website or paper copy, so it wasn't until I called 2 weeks later using the RFE trick that I found out. I then called USCIS 2 weeks after that about the paper copy, saying my case had left NVC going to the embassy and was told K1's don't GO to NVC :blink: ). We got his interview scheduled in London for July 3rd and he moved over here July 25th. We got married August 30th, big wedding and all that I got together in 3 months, go me :) We filed for AOS, EAD and AP Sept. 21th, got both AP and EAD Nov. 26th and we have our interview in Cleveland Thursday. Crossing our fingers it all goes well and we are not stuck in FBI name checks. So, from start to finish, Feb to July to get him here (back in 07, now its just that for an NOA2!) and almost exactly one year from filing the K1 to our green card interview.

Looking back, I feel SO lucky and blessed to have gone through with no RFE's, the quickest possible approval at the time, my husband has VWP so could come visit the US and fast interviews both at the embassy and local stages. However, the last year has been AWEFUL, while all my friends and family have been planning their weddings for months/years, I threw mine together in 3 months. While they got to see their fiance for more than 10 days since they got engaged, I got to talk to mine a few hours each day. We met in college, fell in love, very typical for people our age, but we had to spend $1000's that we didn't have and months apart just to be together. Compared to most on VJ, I don't have much to complain about, but when you are out in the real world and everyone asks where is your fiance, when do you get to see him next, questions why he's even marrying you, it really really hurts. Then having to provide your entire life story, including love letters, financial documents to some unseen face who determines the rest of your life... Its degrading and frustrating. Necessary, but still frustrating all the same. Like you said earlier, if the employee's who answer the phones could at least be civil, knowlegable and truthful, it would help SO much. Thank you for getting the frustrations of US citizens who just want the simple right to be with their loved ones out there. Everyone cares about illegal immigration, but it seems like legal immigration, especially family based visa's, are left on the back burner.

MSU - Thanks hun - good stories are healthy since its really for Valentines Day - gotta balance the scales somehow and congrats on your journey and thank you again for posting - all of these emails , pm and posts are going with me to be discussed but again NO NAMES ALL!!!

:thumbs:

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Fellow mates,

Sorry for any confusing but the broadcast is this Friday - call in they will hear you all around the world via web or radio. Thats the best part of this whole thing!!!!!

Cheers

p.s anyone that woud like to call in from overseas just pm and i will give you information. Again, thank you all for the support and hopefully somewhere someone will step into our shoes and fully understand this frustration and take the next steps for us - and that we can make a difference someday for future Visa Journey people.

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That is such a wonderful idea. But there are so many of us around the world, it doesn't matter what we do the gov. will always slow things down. Simply because they don't care.

Here's my share:

I met my husband in the States while I was on a student visa, we got married before our grad school admissions came out and I had to go to Canada (where I have permanent residency) because my US student visa expired. My parents are also in the States, both working as researchers and both fallen ill from cancer. It's only been almost a year but still feels like a long haul. He has to fly from California to a border city in US (since tickets are cheaper than way than direct flights to Montreal), then take a bus up to the Montreal to see me. We only meet every other month or so whenever we have a break, and he has to make that ridiculous journey every time, each way is almost 24 hours with layovers. It sucks to see him tired out every time as the bus station and we would do anything for more time together. Since we're still young and physically separated it took us a while to get enough bona fide documents to be confident enough to apply. We applied I-130 8 months after our wedding date, right when there is a huge backlog.

What I'm furious about is that they raised the processing fees so much yet we have to wait months even to get NOA1. And lets think about the people who aren't immediate families whose petitions have quotas that they wait even longer than spouses and children.

Last update for all of you willing to call in and/or listen or if anyone is near the Central Florid area, you are more than welcome to be a guest on the show:

The station is

http://www.1190wamt.com

you can either listen or tune in from the web (it can be picked up internationally via web connection)

Time is this Friday 6pm to 7pm eastern standard time

Phone number is you want to call in and talk is:

Area Code 407 273-1190

This is an confirm from Holly who is the host of BACKTOREALITY ````````

The live broadcast will be at Ocean 7, which is located at 2258 S kirkman

Rd

( & Metrowest Blvd in the Wal-Mart Shopping Plaza) The broadcast starts

at 6:04 precisely, so you shouls arrive no later than 5:45pm. I think

it

will be better to do the interview from the live broadcast vs in-studio

because we can have more people participate because there's more room.

We'll have a four Mic's set-up, so anyone who wants to tell their story

can join in. Also, if people cannot be there in person and still want

to

tell their story, they can call 407 273 1190, while we are on air and

we

can get them on that way.

I know that alot of people here and abroad will tune in, its our story people and just wanted to finish posting on this thread with a big thank you to all for the support and emails and pm's.

Next post will be after event.........

Cheers :innocent:

p.s Jamie thank you for being able to make time to meet me there your support from VJ has been awesome!!!! Two is better than one

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
ALL the APPLICATIONS ARE SCANNED, ENTERED AND HAS A NUMBER ANYWAY NOA1 (MOST OF THEM UNTIL NOVEMBER) CAN BE PROCESSED THROUGH DCF WITHOUT ANY ADDITIONAL EFFORTS. What I mean it since all the data is electronic an U.S embassy in U.K, India, or china can access petitions for their county and start processing them. Utilizing remote employees to reduce workload is not ROCKET SCIENCE …. But again it’s the U.S government and its citizens who cares right… think about it … come tax time IRS will employee 1000 of extra people to process W-2; because their could be money coming to the federal government. I bet IRS will have the most efficient work flow methods out of all government agencies…. Man it pisses me off every time I think about It.... I got to cool down

dude just don't give up, i think as fellow citizen, the onus is on us to make a difference, can't let this process slide into an organized chaos. please frame your response to the appropriate office bearers and maybe you woudl get the recognition at the end of the day. all i want to say is this time around i dont want to sit after my case is resolved, i did it while i had my GC and now know what happens, its always a payback time.

long story short, do frame the right document and share it with the officebearers and work towards a solution.

Removal of Conditions I797C - Dec 7th 2010

FP Jan 14th 2011

approved May11th 2011

BEST WISHES!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

this is great, thanks for doing all the work to make this happen. do you know if there will be a web archive of the show? I have class during the time that it'll be aired.

met summer 1999, summer 2000 hooked up-whoo hoo summer fling

summer fling failed to fizzle, married 2003

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

4/1/04 no word from NE contacted senators office, app found

NOA1 4/13/04

Gave up on ridiculously long US process-started Canadian

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

10/4/05 fly back to US to "finish up Master's" lose mind and switch to PhD

Damn it back to the US process

3/something/2005 finally get NOA2, no idea why it took so long

4/15/07 get case approval from NVC

8/9/07 Montreal here we come

10/14/07 hubby activated his visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.