miles

Got my first In-Country Job!

24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

:luv: I received my Green card last November and SSN last December .After a 1 month vacation in my country,I returned in US last January 15 and starting searching jobs tru internet. And I am very amazed not expecting that some Agents and Employers replied so instantly and fastly . But having no Drivers license yet keeps me difficult on accepting their Interview offers because of far distance from my place. If I will be lucky enough ,I prefer jobs 7 miles up to 15 miles distance that will be easy for me to commute by bus or train. My obejective and goal now is to have an in-country experienced no matter what job is. Being an experienced Admistrative Support and Customer service, my dream is to be on field of Airline,Airports,Hotels and Restaurant. Because I love to meet different kinds of people everyday.After 2 weeks of staying home and just searching jobs tru internet, I get out of my cave and take a bus to the mall and look for a sign "HIRING NOW" I need an incountry job and why not apply for any jobs no matter what it is ??? I signed-up application on different store as a Sales Associate and lastly enter the Macy's staff and ask if they were hiring now. YES were hiring. I eneterd the executive office , signed up application,ask if want to be interviewed right away and then that's it! I grab this job oppurtunity!!!. I am now proud of being Sales Associate of Macy's :dance: I am scheduled for training and orientation soon ,then start this job. macy's is located just 2.7 miles from my house.Just 1 bus ride.LUCKY! :dance:And one more thing.. there is a big discount for store associate including family shopping too! This is just alittle experienced of mine and I hope this experienced will help share someone for those peoplewho is just starting life in America. :luv: GoodLuck to all of you... (F)

Miles (L)

Gratzies! That's great news! I am sure things will get even better now that you can earn some of your own money and get out of the house a bit! Yippee!! :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline
Gratzies! That's great news! I am sure things will get even better now that you can earn some of your own money and get out of the house a bit! Yippee!! :D
thanks Jeraly :thumbs: I am so happy now...hehehe I can use my own credit card including Macy's :lol:and build my own credit...because I can pay it by myself now :yes: ...most of all help our household expences.

Thanks,

Miles

Congrats! :thumbs:

Saludos,

Caro

Thanks JVKn CVO :D

Miles (L)

Timeline
Congrats on the new job! :dance: Best of all is that Macy's employee discount! I'm a shopaholic in denial :P
Thanks Nanusia & Lukaszek :D More Goodluck to you...there a lots of chance in life...try and try untill you succed. (F)

Miles :D

Congratulations!!!
:D:D:D thank you very much ZeeNusah...heheh I missed you guys.. :luv: I am back here now...what's up??? :P

Congratulations!

I think you have a very good attitude. I agree with what you said about applying for all jobs, no matter what it is. Everyone has to start somewhere! My wife did the same thing as your idea, and quickly found a job and is very happy.

Welcome to the United States and Congrats on your first job! Well done!

Mark-N-AAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Congratulations!

I think you have a very good attitude. I agree with what you said about applying for all jobs, no matter what it is. Everyone has to start somewhere! My wife did the same thing as your idea, and quickly found a job and is very happy.

Welcome to the United States and Congrats on your first job! Well done!

Mark-N-AAm

I completely agree!

Congratulations on your first job in the US. I hope you enjoy it!

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Timeline

As a new residence here...My work experienced is only outside America. Many of the employers are hiring only those applicants that has an In country experienced I am little confident about it. Entry level or company training jobs is also a great oppurtunity for those who have no job experienced here in US. If I will be lucky to hired by them it is a very great chance on my career. Right now, I accepted the job at Macy's as a part time job(PM) shift only...So...if someone will hire me for a better job w/c is line in mycareer,well....that would be great...instead of no income while waiting for a day job or full time job...I grabbed this oppurtunity..thank you Macy's...this would start my experienced in my career in US. By the way...US in now hiring for postal jobs and goverment career nation wide...they will send you reviewer for the exam,tips to past for the exam, and give informations also on government offices with available jobs near to your place.Soon also I will take the exam because govenrment jobs have lots of benefits on it if you will be hired.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on getting your first job in the U.S.!!!

It's a start, and I'm sure you will just keep moving up in your career.

Keep up the great positive attitude!!! You'll go far!!!!

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Timeline
(L) Thank you all for your great support (F) I will keep on praying and hoping for a great oppurtunity here in US... :thumbs: Goodluck also to all of you...love you all (L) After a long journey....long patience...this is just a staring path to success for both "for Love and Career"...for those who is just starting the journey....just keep it up and just think positive... :luv:

Hi to all,

My understanding was that for you to be US gov employee you have to bee a US citizen, do you people have comments on this? I am interested on your replies. Correct me if I am wrong.

Timeline
Hi to all,

My understanding was that for you to be US gov employee you have to bee a US citizen, do you people have comments on this? I am interested on your replies. Correct me if I am wrong.

Hi YMR...I am not very sure with this question.....please dial (913) 599-8226 .it is an automatic voice assistance and listen for some information ...but not sure if there would be an answer to your question.

Miles.

• 2 months later...

Do you have to have a green card to get a job in the US? My fiancee will arrive here on April 15. How long

does it take to get a green card? Does she have to get a social security number before she can work?

:luv: I received my Green card last November and SSN last December .After a 1 month vacation in my country,I returned in US last January 15 and starting searching jobs tru internet. And I am very amazed not expecting that some Agents and Employers replied so instantly and fastly . But having no Drivers license yet keeps me difficult on accepting their Interview offers because of far distance from my place. If I will be lucky enough ,I prefer jobs 7 miles up to 15 miles distance that will be easy for me to commute by bus or train. My obejective and goal now is to have an in-country experienced no matter what job is. Being an experienced Admistrative Support and Customer service, my dream is to be on field of Airline,Airports,Hotels and Restaurant. Because I love to meet different kinds of people everyday.After 2 weeks of staying home and just searching jobs tru internet, I get out of my cave and take a bus to the mall and look for a sign "HIRING NOW" I need an incountry job and why not apply for any jobs no matter what it is ??? I signed-up application on different store as a Sales Associate and lastly enter the Macy's staff and ask if they were hiring now. YES were hiring. I eneterd the executive office , signed up application,ask if want to be interviewed right away and then that's it! I grab this job oppurtunity!!!. I am now proud of being Sales Associate of Macy's :dance: I am scheduled for training and orientation soon ,then start this job. macy's is located just 2.7 miles from my house.Just 1 bus ride.LUCKY! :dance:And one more thing.. there is a big discount for store associate including family shopping too! This is just alittle experienced of mine and I hope this experienced will help share someone for those peoplewho is just starting life in America. :luv: GoodLuck to all of you... (F)

Miles (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.