Ricca711

$$$$

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

yep same with verizon til I got them all caught up.

There are two things you can do. Actually here is what I finally did. Even if you get a phone card, it'll still eat at your minutes.

For international calls, get a Virgin mobile pre paid phone and get those $20,$50 calling cards to use with them. Use that strictly for your international use.

Next, in events where you have to make internatinoal calls on your Tmobile phone, ask them if they have a calling plan for your country. I called verizon and I can now call Palestine for .20 a minute now as opposed to $1.49

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

oh dayum i thought there was free money here, given the topic title :(

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Timeline

:lol: charles...haven't you learnt notting yet, t'aint notting free :no:

:o yeah, ricca, T-mobile got you and Qwest has me in indebted servitude :)

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Girl PINGO!!! Now TMobile will lie and tell you that you can not use a computer based (phone card) as a my fav's but it is a lie. If they give you problem PM me. I transfered from Verizon to TMobile because of the my favs, but when I tried with the phone card as one it did not work. So my know it all azz called and complained several times until one smart arze rep told me to call tech support. Tech supprt told me the reason for the problem. Since Pingo gives you the number you call in real time. I was able to see that if I pressed 8 it would register 7 times so phone number ended up being 60 characters long. I then called back tec support tier 1 who in turn sent me to tch support tier 2 after a few days tech support 3 called me to keep calling the Pingo and let them no how the tones were registering. With in days they were able to pinpoint the problem and write a program to patch to tonal signal to not repeat.

Over the course of four days I was on the phone with them for like 9 hours sorting out this crasp. At the end of the process tech support tier 3 called me and offered me a reward for my help in the matter. Those basta3ds offered me an additional 9 hours of minutes that had to be used in 3 months or I would loose them. Well guess what I never went over my package, so I LOST THEM.

In fixing that issue it crossed over to the throw away phone cards. So everyone you can make them as your my favs.

If you have any questions on how to explain or what to say to them, if they question you about using phone cards or computer prompted services as a my favs. pm me I will assit you

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Just in case...

1. www.skype.com (set up the account with your info and even auto recharge and you can either talk for free with you both on skype or your SO can call you for about 2 cents per minute on your home or cell phone)

2. internetcalls.com (you set up the account and it gives about 300 minutes a week, I believe, free to call the U.S. I used this extensively while abroad.)

3. jaxtr.com (you get free minutes on short calls and you both can set up an account and it will even ring you on your cell or home, your choice)

4. www.tel3advantage (set up and account and it is billed directly to your bank card or a credit card - no lost minutes and connection fees. This way you can call from your cell or home or wherever you are with a local access number. You set up the account to recognize any number that you like so you won't have to dial any PIN code. You can also set up speed dials. So I dial the access number from my cell and press 1# and it rings to my SO. You are charged in whatever increments you request.)

5. phone cards (cheap but sometimes you can waste a whole card and not be connected)

6. Vonage (pretty decent international rates)

All in all, I'd say that I almost never make the calls. This process is already too dang expensive. There is a fairly new voip company that is making Africa plans but they wanted to charge me $150 for just 500 minutes a month. No way!

Best of luck!

Just trying to muster the energy (and the money) to do this again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Broadvoice is 8 cents a minute if you can get your SO to get a landline. They can carry those with them everywhere.

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

I used tel3advantage, their service sux for me.

I lost minutes, got cut off, fake rings, terrible connections...eeeyuck!

I will never use them again. But that was just UNOz experience.

The rest of them, I know nothing of. Currently, I use callingcards.com.

They are...okay.

Good Luck to ya.

:P

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

No, Zee.....I always used my cellphone. But the reality hit when I had to download the calls from January 1 2007 to now. I could have taken all of us to Ghana and back. LOL! Thanks for all of the suggestions. I am going to do some research after work today and see if I can come up with a less expenseive way to keep in touch with my SO for this remaining wait.

Thanks again,

Erika

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Wow. I thought my calls were expensive :unsure:

I use www.pingo.com, 15.5 cents a minute to Ghana cell, you can have speed dial numbers, and no PIN necessary if you program it that way. All I do is dial the pingo number and then 1 and I am connected to my fiance. They also have local access numbers which makes it 14.5 cents per minute.

It is the best service I have had with a phone service to call Ghana. I pay only for the minutes I use when I connect and don't have to worry about being stiffed my money. You can easily recharge on the internet or over the phone as well, or have automatic recharges.

Why would ya'll call directly from your cell phone? Use your daytime minutes to call the calling card. Or better yet, do what I do and just call from your landline and don't use any daytime minutes.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:oLawd!!!! Yall should see my cellphone bill for last month! T-Mobile is going to put me in jail!

LOL!!!!!!

I KNOW how you feel!

Right before my husband's interview I learned that the hunderds of dollars spent on calling cards would not count as evidence of our relationship. So I added International Long Distance to my cell phone in order to create a 'paper trail' detailing the calls. When I got that bill ............ :girlwerewolf2xn: it took my breath away!!!!! Thank goodness that I quickly learned about www.pingo.com.

Hang in there. It will all be over soon.

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:lol: charles...haven't you learnt notting yet, t'aint notting free :no:

:cry:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I used to keep track of the bills and I could have bought myself a nice computer car with the amount of money I spent calling Africa. Like everyone else, I didn't realize the process would take so long and towards the end of the wait I started scheduling time to call in order to budget. Don't fret, it doesn't stop when your SO arrives because he'll have tons of people calling him once he gets here. (snicker-snicker) I think We_Destiny has one of the best answers to that. Having the two cell numbers is a great idea in that case. Even a Go phone is good for those incoming beeps.

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Does anyone know of a phone service that could let my hubby call me and I just pay a monthly amount?

He's in West Africa (Gambia) and their is no way he could call regularly without paying almost a months salary for a 1 to 2 hour call. Yes, THAT IS BAAAAD.

Thanks for any info.

(Feel free to repost this for a better idea)

12/25/2004 - Met my future hubby while on trip to Gambia

12/13/2006 - Married my hubby in Gambia (West Africa)

12/08/2007 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock box. USPS Express Mail December 08,'07, 7:44 pm

02/05/2008 - I-130 NOA1 Hardcopy Received in mailbox

05/27/2008 - Filed Expedite Request by phone with CSR

06/01/2008 - Received Denial Email

06/05/2008 - Filed 2nd request

06/23/2008 - Expedite Approved

07/27/2008 - NOA2

10/21/2008 - Case complete at NVC (Technically was expedited to embassy)

11/06/2008 - Interview at Dakar Embassy

11/06/2008 - Notice (show more income evidence from petitioner)

11/07/2008 - Case on hold

11/18/2008 - 2nd Interview Date

11/18/2008 - Notice (Show even more income and ORIGINAL docs now from 1st cosponsor

12/23/2008 - Received email for 3rd Interview scheduled for March 25th, 2009. Bring Pics

01/23/2009- In Gambia with hubby

03/25/2009- Interview

04/09/2009- POE Atlanta (CR-1 Status until 2011)

04/13/2009- husband arrested for domestic violence (Aggravated Assault-Felony)

05/19/2009- Filed for divorce

06/02/2009- Letter sent to immigration detailing abuse & fraud

09/08/2009- Divorce Hearing

09/10/2009- Divorce Trial (Continued)

03/11/2010- Notice To Appear issued

03/22/2010- Divorced

05/18/2010- Deportation Master Hearing

05/18/2010- Deportation Ordered

06/17/2010- Appeal Time Over. ICE picked him up. In Jail

08/10/2010- Another Master Hearing Scheduled. Out of jail.

05/31/2012- Individual Hearing Scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.