Ricca711

$$$$

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Does anyone know of a phone service that could let my hubby call me and I just pay a monthly amount?

He's in West Africa (Gambia) and their is no way he could call regularly without paying almost a months salary for a 1 to 2 hour call. Yes, THAT IS BAAAAD.

Thanks for any info.

(Feel free to repost this for a better idea)

"Flashing" someone calls your number from their phone and lets it ring two times just so you can notice the number, you can then call them back.

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Does anyone know of a phone service that could let my hubby call me and I just pay a monthly amount?

He's in West Africa (Gambia) and their is no way he could call regularly without paying almost a months salary for a 1 to 2 hour call. Yes, THAT IS BAAAAD.

Thanks for any info.

(Feel free to repost this for a better idea)

"Flashing" someone calls your number from their phone and lets it ring two times just so you can notice the number, you can then call them back.

That's what we did. Saved us a ton of money. :thumbs:

PINGO rocks = Agreed!

I just barely signed up after reading about it here and spent half of what I normally do for an hour call!

:star:

I loved it too because I could call from my cell phone sooooo easily. I'm never home long enough for skye or the other carriers.

Filed: Other Timeline
PINGO rocks = Agreed!

I just barely signed up after reading about it here and spent half of what I normally do for an hour call!

:star:

Yep - it's awesome! I love the speed dial feature - especially when you are disconnected or reach 'dead air' which seems to happen so often when calling Nepal - wonderful to not have to dial the whole long number again.

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

I had the same problem when calling my SO all the time...first did it with my landline... BIG mistake, and then i started using verizon EVEN WORSE...

now i have a Net10 prepaid phone....15cents a min for ALL international numbers, and calls to mexico & canada are only 10cents a min. i LOVE this thing, i talk for hours and its soooo cheap :D

My Timeline

USCIS

11/23/2007 - Married in Venezuela

02/07/08 - I-130 Sent

02/09/08 - recieved in Chicago at 10:09pm by R Mercedo

02/21/08 - I-130 NOA1

02/25/08 - Case Entered Online

06/13/08 - Case Approved

NVC

Case Recieved at NVC - 6/24/08

Case Number assigned - 6/24/08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill - 6/30/08

Paid AOS - 07/03/08

AOS Bill Accepted - 07/04/08

Sent DS-3032 (usps) - 07/12/08

Sent I-864 - 7/12/08

NVC Recieved AOS & DS3032 - 07/14/08

IV Bill Paid - 07/17/08

DS-230 Sent - 07/26/08

DS-230 Entered Into System - 07/29/08

Case Complete - 08/06/2008

VISA APPROVED- 09/04/2008

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I use PINGO every so often but sometimes when I use it my husband said it uses a very old network and the connection is just to staticcy. Love the price but the connection is unreliable for Cairo. :crying:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline
:oLawd!!!! Yall should see my cellphone bill for last month! T-Mobile is going to put me in jail!

LOL!!!!!!

Ricca711,have you tried calling cards ?I found a site called " Alosmart " that i've been using for almost 3 years now.The name of my card is,pinless/rechargeable,and can be purchased for $25,$50 or $100 dollars.I think the cost is about 12.5 cents a minute to call Accra mobile.A $50 credit last me around 5 weeks and I call my wife EVERY DAY..There are cheeper cards,8 cents a min,but the quality and connectability are poor not to mention loss of min's for some unknown reason.

Check out the site, http://alosmart.com/,it sure beats paying T-Mobile $2 dollars a min.The best part is it doesn't matter if you're calling from a land line or cell phone,the cost per min remains the same.I use a local access number since it cost about 1 cent a min more to use the 800 number.Problem is there's no local number in my area so I place my calls thru N.Y. using my cell phone so I don't get nailed with long distance charges.I hope this info can help you save on your calls to Ghana

Filed: Timeline

You guys should try www.joinvip.com I have used them for years and never had a problem and I pay about 7cents a minute. Also I gave my family back home my pin number and they call me that way, and I just top up the card automatically.

Its cheap and I never have dropped calls, and the connection is clear.

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
oh dayum i thought there was free money here, given the topic title :(

:lol: charles...haven't you learnt notting yet, t'aint notting free :no:

:lol:

:o yeah, ricca, T-mobile got you and Qwest has me in indebted servitude :)

02/02/2008:- Filed AOS

04/02/2008:- Received at Chicago Lockbox

11/02/2008:- Check Cashed

12/02/2008:- Received NOA for I-485 and I-765

19/02/2008:-Received Biometric appointment

03/03/2008:-RFE (I-485)

11/03/2008:-RFE mailed back

17/03/2008:-AOS touched, and case processing has resumed

08/05/2008:-Made Infopass appointment in Atlanta for Friday 16th

21/05/2008:-EAD Card production ordered

22/05/2008:-EAD Touched

27/05/2008:-EAD Card Production ordered again

27/05/2008:-Case transferred to CSC' I am K3 Holder,This is Strange Folks

29/05/2008:-Approval notice sent for EAD

29/05/2008:-AOS touched

30/05/2008:-EAD received

03/06/2008:-AOS touched"pending at CSC"

04/06/2008:-AOS touched

04/06/2008:-Transfer notice received

06/06/2008:-AOS touched

18/06/2008:-AOS touched

19/06/2008:-AOS touched

08/07/2008:-AOS transferred back to NBC***CSC SUCKS***

09/07/2008:-AOS touched

14/07/2008:-AOS transferred to another office...I guess my local office :-S

17/11/2008:- Interview noticed received for 13/01/2009

13/01/2009:- AOS Interview APPROVED!!!!!!

16/01/2009:- Card production ordered

19/01/2009:- AOS touched

23/01/2009:- Card production ordered again

26/01/2009:- Welcome letter received

28/01/2009:- Approval notice sent

29/01/2009:- AOS touched

30/01-2009:- I never thought I'd be typing this ---->10years green card received... USCIS, see you when I see you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

I used to go broke calling my husband when he was in Liberia, but I finally caught on to Pingo when I needed to save our phone calls for his interview. I love it and I have been a huge supporter of it. We still use it now to call his family from time to time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.