Sinergy

Heath Ledger dead :(

276 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I think it's less of hating celebrities and more of hating people with substance abuse problems. They get what they deserve?

But where has it even been rumored that Ledger was a druggie? I've never seen a hint of that anywhere.

And even if he was, does that mean we should celebrate his death, or hope that someone can one day explain to his two year old daughter that he 'deserved' to die?

The callousness of people on this topic is honestly appalling - and this is the second board I've seen it happen. It's akin to dancing on a grave. I guess internet tough guys really do think this makes them look 'cool'.

What it really makes them look is pathetic and ignorant.

There's a lot of sites with sources saying so...sadly.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's less of hating celebrities and more of hating people with substance abuse problems. They get what they deserve?

But where has it even been rumored that Ledger was a druggie? I've never seen a hint of that anywhere.

And even if he was, does that mean we should celebrate his death, or hope that someone can one day explain to his two year old daughter that he 'deserved' to die?

The callousness of people on this topic is honestly appalling - and this is the second board I've seen it happen. It's akin to dancing on a grave. I guess internet tough guys really do think this makes them look 'cool'.

What it really makes them look is pathetic and ignorant.

There's a lot of sites with sources saying so...sadly.

I guess I missed that.

But the second part of my post still stands.

Regardless, the guy can't win. If it comes out that he simply took one too many sleeping pills, then he's a druggie who 'threw it all away' - not someone who made a mistake.

Bottom line, he's gone and his 2 year old daughter and the rest of his family will be as sad as any of us who have lost family members. The fact that he was rich and famous doesn't change that one iota.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Im sure everyone in there time on Earth has done something that someone else either does not approve of, or agree with.

Just wondering why it takes someones passing, for the speculation of what problems the person had and/or what addictions they were dealing with that we didnt approve of, to come to light.

Guaranteed yesterday, nobody thought twice about this young man, let alone any problems he might of had. Yesterday, he was a happy man, walking aroung the Soho district with his daughter on his shoulders and now today, now he is dead,...and everyone is whoahhh drugs, marriage problems, addictions,..all based on speculation of what the media is reporting.

People can be so cruel, even after someones death. Sometimes I wonder if people are trying to cloak their own issues with morality, addictions or whatever, by speculating on the right and wrong in others lives, to take the feeling of guilt away from themselves. People are so busy living other peoples lives, and speculating what happens in others lives. They need to take a step back, and worry about their own for a while. Rose coloured glasses can look mighty different, when you step back and review your own life for a while.

Can't people not pass judgement for one minute, and take a moment to think about what this man did to maybe make our lives more enjoyable through his craft of acting. It's sad to loose a life so young.

Now, Im off too have my 6th coffee for the day,..yes my own lil addiction,..i'm sure someone will critise in my passing!!!

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Right on, Jodee!!!

sister jodee. is indeed right thinking..

Edited by almaty

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Tests on Heath Ledger to Take Days

Thursday January 24 9:05 AM ET

To many who saw Heath Ledger in the last months of his life, the actor appeared to be happy, healthy and excited "in a great place," in the words of one friend.

Which only made his sudden end feel more tragic.

Haydn Ledger, one of the 28-year-old actor's uncles, said his nephew wouldn't have done anything rash. "It just wouldn't come into the equation at all," he said Thursday in an interview on CBS' "The Early Show."

He and Mike Ledger, another of the actor's uncles, deflected a question about whether their nephew had been depressed, saying that should be left to his parents to address.

Ledger told The New York Times in November that working on the films "The Dark Knight" and "I'm Not There" had been stressful, and that he was struggling with sleeplessness and had taken the sleep aid Ambien.

Medical examiner's office spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said an autopsy Wednesday was inconclusive and that authorities would know more in about 10 days, when more tests are expected to be complete.

Ledger's housekeeper and a massage therapist found the actor dead Tuesday, lying naked and face-down on his bed, police said.

There were six different types of prescription drugs in the room, including pills to treat insomnia and anxiety, and an antihistamine, according to two law enforcement officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

A rolled-up $20 bill was found on the floor near the bed, but New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne said lab tests found nothing to indicate the bill had been used to snort drugs. Police also said no illegal drugs were found in the apartment.

Lee Daniels, who produced the critically acclaimed 2001 movie "Monster's Ball," in which Ledger starred, strongly disputed any notion that Ledger had a drug problem.

"The definition of substance abuse is really up to one's perspective," Daniels said. "I didn't see him as a drug addict. I saw him as someone who enjoyed life. I know drug addicts he was not a drug addict."

The law enforcement officials said three of the drugs were prescribed in Europe. Ledger had recently been filming in London.

Daniels also said the Australian-born actor was in great spirits when they saw each other a few months ago.

"He was in a good mood, he was in a great place ... he was excited about living in New York," Daniels said.

Police said Ledger probably died between 1 p.m. and 2:45 p.m. Tuesday. At 1 p.m., the housekeeper went into his bedroom to change a light bulb, saw him sleeping and heard him snoring.

"I didn't think anything was wrong," the housekeeper, Teresa Solomon, told the New York Post. She said she was "still shaking" and unable to sleep a day after the actor's death.

At 2:45 p.m., the massage therapist showed up for Ledger's appointment, knocked on his door and got no answer. She later noticed Ledger was unconscious and called actress Mary-Kate Olsen, whose number was programmed into Ledger's cell phone, to seek advice, police said.

Olsen said she would send over her private security. In the ensuing moments, the massage therapist realized that Ledger might be dead, called Olsen again, and then called 911. Paramedics and Olsen's security people arrived minutes later.

News of the death stunned family, fans and colleagues.

"Working with Heath was one of the purest joys of my life," said Ang Lee, who directed Ledger to an Oscar nomination in the 2005 film "Brokeback Mountain." "He brought to the role of Ennis more than any of us could have imagined a thirst for life, for love and for truth, and a vulnerability that made everyone who knew him love him. His death is heartbreaking."

Before moving to Manhattan, Ledger lived with then-girlfriend Michelle Williams in a four-story, sage-green Brooklyn brownstone with a black wrought-iron fence. Ledger was a frequent guest at the Brawta Caribbean Cafe two blocks from the house, owner Jennifer Ewers said.

"He was a perfect gentleman. He comes in here with his hoodie on, reads a book, and gives you a peace sign," she said. "He was always with his daughter, playing hide-and-seek among the plants, or on his skateboard, peeking his head in."

Fans left flowers and candles Wednesday outside the Brooklyn home and Ledger's apartment in Manhattan's tony SoHo neighborhood. Khaled Ali, 41, a stage manager for a Broadway show, dropped off a candle at the apartment building on his way to work, saying he and fellow cast members were devastated.

"I felt a connection with him as an actor, as a fellow in the theater community," he said. "With 'Brokeback Mountain' he touched me personally in telling the story of my community. It was very touching."

Intense roles became Ledger's trademark soon after he got his start in such teen movies as "10 Things I Hate About You." He buried his Australian accent and downplayed his leading-man looks as a sexually confused cowboy in "Brokeback Mountain," a drug addict in "Candy," and an incarnation of Bob Dylan in "I'm Not There."

His role as the Joker in the upcoming Batman movie "The Dark Knight" may be his final finished performance.

Ledger split last year with Williams, who played his wife in "Brokeback." The two had a daughter, the now 2-year-old Matilda.

Williams and Matilda returned to their Brooklyn home Wednesday evening from Trollhattan, Sweden. The 27-year-old actress had been there shooting scenes for the upcoming film "Mammoth," said Martin Stromberg, a spokesman for film production company Memfis Film.

Stromberg said Williams had gotten the news of Ledger's death at her hotel late Tuesday night.

Streams of reporters and a thicket of satellite trucks on Wednesday surrounded Ledger's Manhattan apartment, where some letters were piled among well-wishers' bouquets and candles.

One handwritten note on plain white paper read:

"Heath, how could anyone hate 10 things about you. We couldn't find one bad thing about you. God bless your soul, you're in our prayers."

___ http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/2008012...0119430000.html

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

So sad :(

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Oh oh. Ambien's been linked to a number of deaths, hasn't it?

Oh oh, be careful with the negative posts. I got suspended from this forum for offending people with my opinions about the cause of his death. People can get pretty emotional about their movie stars.

Edited by garya505

Filed: Timeline

I know that I took ambien for a few days when I was a teenager after my brother passed away because I couldn't sleep and I slept really well the first few nights and then one night I took it and didn't go to sleep right away and I was hallucinating. I was seeing purple hands coming out of the walls and stuff. I never took it again.

BTW TMZ is reporting that the $20 bill that they thought might have had drugs on it tested clean.

Edited by Amber&Neil

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Why is this worthy of the coverage it has received? He died. It happens all the time.

I just don't get all of the obsession with movie stars. His death is no more important than that of every person listed in today's obituaries.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Why is this worthy of the coverage it has received? He died. It happens all the time.

I just don't get all of the obsession with movie stars. His death is no more important than that of every person listed in today's obituaries.

I dunno, I've never heard of any of the people in today's obituaries.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I dunno, I've never heard of any of the people in today's obituaries.

If that is what drives this need to mourn actors, I am at a disconnect with a large portion of the human race.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online