rebeccajo

Barack Obama

Does this 'issue' affect your opinion of the candidate?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel?

• A candidates religious affiliation does not affect my vote.
    • A candidates religous affiliation does affect my vote.
    • It only concerns me if they are non-christian.
    • It only concerns me if they are Muslim.
    • I believe Obama when he says he is Christian.
    • I believe Obama is really a Muslim.
    • I believe Obama is a Muslim and not trustworthy because of it.

80 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

now seriously, if I were an american and I could vote, the candidate's religious beliefs would not influence my choice. There are many more important issues that would make me choose a candidate.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Here's the thing. If Barack can be made to lose in the Democratic primary by insinuating he's actually a Muslim, then he'll be torn to shreds in the general anyway. Because, as we all know, the Democratic party is where all the enlightened folk hang out, the bias is all on the other side.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

he be bbq like pork ribs....by the democrats..............and it will be just wrong by this "righteous..non judgmental people"

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
now seriously, if I were an american and I could vote, the candidate's religious beliefs would not influence my choice. There are many more important issues that would make me choose a candidate.

actually if I were an american and I was obligated to vote, cuz if I could choose not to vote I'd opt not to.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Timeline
Are we not gonna note that he's *not* a Muslim?

Alex, sorry for not including that.

I never thought to put that there because the issue is only out there (in the first place) to influence what people believe. Beliefs often have no foundation in truth.

Edited by rebeccajo

the only time a candidates religion affects my vote, is if they are a zealot...i would also never vote for a clergy person, regardless of what their platform was...sorry huckabee :no:

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
6/22 I believe Obama is a Muslim and not trustworthy because of it.

Interesting

Well, the question doesn't distinguish between not trusting him because of the fact that he is Muslim and not trusting him because he's lying about being Muslim.

ETA: It also seems that 9 people think he's neither Christian nor Muslim.

Edited by Jenn!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Which reminded me of this email I had forwarded to me last week by an old aquaintance - who I asked to remove me from their email list (and not very politely):

Who is Barack Obama?

Very interesting and something that should be considered in your choice. If you do not ever forward anything else, please forward this to all yourcontacts...this is very scary to think of what lies ahead of us here in our own United States...better heed this and pray about it and share it.

We checked this outon 'snopes.com'. It is factual. Check for yourself.

Who is Barack Obama?

Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born in Honolulu , Hawaii , to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black MUSLIM from Nyangoma-Kogel , Keny a and Ann Dunham, a white ATHIEST from Wichita , Kansas.

Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii. When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced.

His father returned to Kenya. His mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL Muslim

from Indonesia.

When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocate to Indonesia.Obama attended a MUSLIM school in Jakarta.

He also spent two years in a Catholic school. Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He is quick to point out that, 'He was once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school.'

Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that that he is not a radical. Obama's introduction to Islam

came via his father, and this influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya soon after the

divorce, and never again had any direct influence over his son's education.

Lolo Soetoro,the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam. Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta. Wahabism is the RADICAL teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world.

Since it is politically expedient to be a CHRISTIAN when seeking major public office in the United States, Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim background.

ALSO, keep in mind that when he was sworn into office he DID NOT use the Holy Bible, but instead the Koran. Barack Hussein Obama will NOT recite the Pledge of Allegience nor will he show any reverence for our flag.

While others place their hands over their hearts, Obama turns his back to the flag and slouches.

Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected presidential candidacy.

The Muslims have said they plan on destroying the US from the inside out, what better way to start than at the highest level - through the President of the United States, one of their own !!!!

Please forward to everyone you know. Would you want this man leading our country?

Blue Devil - (aka Froggy)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It goes without saying that it's propaganda but:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

Additional information:

Debunked Insight Magazine and Fox News Smear Campaign

(U.S. Senator Barack Obama)

http://obama.senate.gov/press/070123-debun...nsigh/index.php

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Other Timeline
Well, the question doesn't distinguish between not trusting him because of the fact that he is Muslim and not trusting him because he's lying about being Muslim.

ETA: It also seems that 9 people think he's neither Christian nor Muslim.

Yeah I thought of that later when I started seeing the responses. Flawed poll. Sorry.

I think I went too far in trying to not make the poll 'inflammatory'. Maybe I should have been more direct with my questions.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Which reminded me of this email I had forwarded to me last week by an old aquaintance - who I asked to remove me from their email list (and not very politely):

Who is Barack Obama?

Very interesting and something that should be considered in your choice. If you do not ever forward anything else, please forward this to all yourcontacts...this is very scary to think of what lies ahead of us here in our own United States...better heed this and pray about it and share it.

We checked this outon 'snopes.com'. It is factual. Check for yourself.

Who is Barack Obama?

Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born in Honolulu , Hawaii , to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black MUSLIM from Nyangoma-Kogel , Keny a and Ann Dunham, a white ATHIEST from Wichita , Kansas.

Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii. When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced.

His father returned to Kenya. His mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL Muslim

from Indonesia.

When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocate to Indonesia.Obama attended a MUSLIM school in Jakarta.

He also spent two years in a Catholic school. Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He is quick to point out that, 'He was once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school.'

Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that that he is not a radical. Obama's introduction to Islam

came via his father, and this influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya soon after the

divorce, and never again had any direct influence over his son's education.

Lolo Soetoro,the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam. Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta. Wahabism is the RADICAL teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world.

Since it is politically expedient to be a CHRISTIAN when seeking major public office in the United States, Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim background.

ALSO, keep in mind that when he was sworn into office he DID NOT use the Holy Bible, but instead the Koran. Barack Hussein Obama will NOT recite the Pledge of Allegience nor will he show any reverence for our flag.

While others place their hands over their hearts, Obama turns his back to the flag and slouches.

Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected presidential candidacy.

The Muslims have said they plan on destroying the US from the inside out, what better way to start than at the highest level - through the President of the United States, one of their own !!!!

Please forward to everyone you know. Would you want this man leading our country?

Blue Devil - (aka Froggy)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It goes without saying that it's propaganda but:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

Additional information:

Debunked Insight Magazine and Fox News Smear Campaign

(U.S. Senator Barack Obama)

http://obama.senate.gov/press/070123-debun...nsigh/index.php

My mom got this forward too from some people she knows.

I think it's ridiculous (so did she). I am not planning on voting for Obama but I also don't believe he is secretly a Muslim or has some hidden plan. He says he is a Christian, although I don't think of him as a very religious Christian. They all say they are Christians but it usually doesn't mean a lot unless they talk more detailed about it like Huckabee does.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Timeline
I've been reading how the 'allegation' of the candidate being a Muslim is being used against him. It reminds me a bit of the 'furor' over Kennedy being catholic.

I thought I'd start this poll to see if the issue really matters to most people.

The poll is multiple choice.

Can't vote.

These options:

A candidates religious affiliation does not affect my vote.

A candidates religous affiliation does affect my vote.

It only concerns me if they are non-christian.

It only concerns me if they are Muslim.

I believe Obama when he says he is Christian.

I believe Obama is really a Muslim.

I believe Obama is a Muslim and not trustworthy because of it.

don't contain the one I would check (although I could check "does affect my vote", but then it gives the wrong impression)....

"It only concerns me if they are a born-again, bible-thumping Christian."

That's they only time religion in politics matters to me.

Edited by PlatyPius
Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Religion does affect my vote. I want a candidate's moral compass to look the most like mine, and the more influenced by religion, the less I can relate, IMO.

It might be wishful thinking that I think Obama is atheist, but I'm going to keep hoping.