Marriednow

NEED HELP NOW PLEASE ASAP

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Here is the latest. He called begged to come back. Says he will go to Imam and counseling, loves me, please forgive this one mistake. Now the problem--do you forgive one mistake? Later

You're the only one who can answer that. Only you know how serious the details are. All I can say is just from reading what you have written and knowing nothing about your situation, my first impression is he just realized he shot his chances of staying in the foot by walking out before being approved for AOS. If you let him back in and he bides his time until he has the card before leaving, his chances of remaining legally in this country after a divorce will be much more favorable.

If you really want it, you can seek marriage counseling without actually living under the same roof and resetting the clock on your two months of required separation before you could file for divorce in TN. A couple doesn't have to be living together to work on a marriage. He walked. That's a serious step. You don't have to install a revolving door on your home.

You said you were afraid of him and wanted him out, period, that you were even willing to pay for his plane ticket to have him out of your life. Think hard about why you said that. I know it's difficult, but try to set your heart aside and think solely with your head. If a close female friend or relative told your story as her own, what advice would you give her?

Just my two cents. Good luck.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Sounds like he realized he won't get his green card if he leaves now...

You have previously stated that his family doesn't want him to be with you and sounds like he doesn't want to be here either, at least in his present situation.

I would think long and hard before you take him and his abuse back into your life.

:thumbs::thumbs:

sorry to hear this happened but as melly said, think long and hard before letting him back in. withdraw your affidavit of support for the aos as mentioned in the other forum you posted.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
Here is the latest. He called begged to come back. Says he will go to Imam and counseling, loves me, please forgive this one mistake. Now the problem--do you forgive one mistake? Later

From your posts: "He can't be trusted." "He is angry." "I am scared to death."

Sweetheart, PLEASE don't forgive his "one mistake". It is never one.

iagree.gif

Follow your heart and never ever be dishonest to yourself.

I wish you the best of luck!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Timeline

for me it depends on what this situation means. there are some things that even done once, are not forgivable. my first impression is also what mona_jamie said. open your eyes and do what you think is right. if you love him and believe he truly loves you (and is sorry for whatever he did) then go for it. be careful

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

for me it depends on what this situation means. there are some things that even done once, are not forgivable. my first impression is also what mona_jamie said. open your eyes and do what you think is right. if you love him and believe he truly loves you (and is sorry for whatever he did) then go for it. be careful

I don't know this guy but I agree that you need to follow your insticts here. WHY would a man be looking for another woman after only being married for 3 months? Would you EVER tolerate this from an American man? NO!!!

He's an adult and he knows his behavior is completely unacceptable. Stay strong!!

6/2004 - Met Ethiopia (I was there on business). Spent two days together.

2004 - 05 - Fell in love

8/05 - Visited Ethiopia

9/05 - GOT MARRIED!!!

I-130

12/21/05 - Mailed I-130

12/27/05 - Rcv'd NOA1

I-129F (K-3)

01/22/06 - Mailed in I-129F

1/29/06 - I-129F Rcvd

02/02/05 - Recvd NOA1

3/24/06 - K-3 application approved - mailed to NVC

3/29/06 - Recvd I-797 NOA 2 via mail (less than 60 days)

4/06 - Recv'd letter from NVC

4/06 - Found out that there was a mixup at the Embassy - Somehow they didn't have his mailing address

5/2/06 - Husband meets with officials at Ethiopian Embassy - Recv'd Packet 4 (instructions for visa)

5/12/06 - Send affidavit of support, evidence of relationship via DHL to Sultan in Addis

5/16/06 - DHL arrives in Addis

5/18/06 - US Embassy told him he would get a same day interview when he submits his visa app (w/medical, police, affidavit of support, and proof of relationship)

5/23/06 - Submits his visa application. ITS APPROVED!!!!!!

5/24/06 - Picks up his passport and visa envelope.

6/26/06 - Arrives in the US!!!!

EAD

7/22/06 - Mailed EAD form

8/24/06 - NOA arrives in the mail

9/7/06 - Biometrics Appointment

10/03/06 - Work Authorization Card Arrives!!!

10/4/06 - Applied for SSN

10/17/06 - SSN Arrives in the Mail!!

11/21/06 - First Day at Work.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

First let me tell you he didn't hit me or anything. We both had screaming matches, which makes me afraid. And he didn't cheat or talk to anybody online. BUT I am not excusing his behavior--he was a moron. BUT I have decided to give him one chance and only one. We are going to Imam to talk and also to my old counselor to work on dealing with issues. His friends and mine have kicked his butt all to H### for this and he has been humiliated on two continents, which he knows he deserves. What is that saying, fool me once whatever....He knows he has to grow up and act like a man, husband and everything he is supposed to be. Please pray that God had a reason for us to be together, cuz believe it or not, I do love him and feel that he loves me. Only time will tell. Please don't judge us too harshly and thanks for the support!

I wish you both all the best (F)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Hope things all work out - it sounds like you're making all the right moves and taking steps in the right direction sort things out which is what marriage is all about: working together to get through problems :) *hugs*

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It's your life and only you can live it. Best wishes to you, and keep praying for a restoration . (F)

God honours marriage because He created it!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Best wishes to you both. (F)

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

ONE MORE THING--somebody had the impression his parents didn't like me. NO NO NO they are the most wonderful people in the world, as are his sisters and extended family. Treat me like one of their own. If he doesnt treat me right and they find out (and they will if he does anything else), they would be so disappointed, I don't think he would ever go back home to visit.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.