Jesse and Hema

Favorite metal albums

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I don't really like Metal but I think Manowar is pretty funny. I'd pay to go see them.

I want to go see Dethklok on tour. If you are unfamiliar, Dethklok is the band from the cartoon Metalocalypse. The guys who write all of the music are going on tour, with Gene Hoglan from Strapping Young Lad on drums.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
My hubsand likes:

Meshuggah...

Sikth...

Paradise Lost...

Cryptopsy...

Plus most...if not all of the bands already listed.

He's a huge metal fan...me, I can handle some of it. But I love, Love, Love to watch him play drums.

Heh, that in a pretty similar direction to what my husband likes.

I generally noticed two things in any large assembly of metalheads:

1) Men outnumbered women generally 3 or 4 to 1.

2) All the women were very visibly taken.

Women and metal appear to not go together. I guess a woman has to be predisposed to it somehow. I like my metal inspired by historical figures, events, works, because I am a history nerd. This is something that you will find everywhere in metal in away that is lacking in most other genres beyond folk itself. Something like:

Menhir's Hildesbrandslied I (The Lay of Hildebrand)

And I will admit, the singer's voice is unbelievably hot.

Brujeria's Division del Norte (The Northern Division)

Skyforger's Kauja Pie Saules (The Battle of Saule)

We saw them in 2005 in Dortmund and we drank some beers with them after the show. They were pretty cool.

Tyr's Regin Smiður

Then just because I just saw this and it is awesome. Has nothing to do with anything else:

Japanische Kampfhoerspiele's Kundenbetreuer (Customer Service Rep)

Dialogue is "I will now connect you to a customer service representative. We ask for your patience. Please give me your customer number. What is it you are calling about? What was that? Again please." Repeat.

Manowar is parodied by an Italian band called Nanowar. I am not sure Manowar needed parody, they seem to do a good job themselves, but it exists or existed.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I spent many of my teen years at metal concerts. Bands like:

Slayer (I adored Tom Araya!)

Metallica

Megadeth,

Motorhead,

AC/DC

Guns N' Roses

Killing Joke (not really metal but hey, whatever!)

and quite a few more that I really can't remember.

I mostly went to smaller local concerts when given the chance, we had some really good local metal bands.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
Menhir : Buchonia

One of my fave albums.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Timeline

Hi Jesse, its really cool idea to post a new topic about Heavy Metal. As you guess, I am a '80s metal fan, because I started to listen heavy metal in '87 with Iron Maiden's Somewhere in Time, I really miss and love those times, oh man it was really cool because every band was releasing another boom! I mean Iron Maiden's Somewher in Time, WASP's Inside the Electric Circus, Live in the Raw, Judas Priest's Ram It Down, and much more, It was golden age of HM, in the '90s it went down all metal bands changed their style for example Metallica, even Iron Maiden changed its style a little bit, Alice Cooper, he changed too but there are some new bands those I really like to listen Night Wish, Maryln Manson, they are not bad. I will listen to Heavy Metal until the day I die, When I will be 90(of course If I live) I want to wear my Judas Priest t-shirt and to say "Heavy Metal Rules":)

Edited by desperate_heart

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
Menhir : Buchonia

One of my fave albums.

I think I like Germanenkunst the best from that album. My favorite song overall by them is Wotans Runenlied off of Ziuwari. That song is just amazing. Das Hildebrandslied Teil I is a close second. I would like to see them live, dunno if that will happen though.

As you guess, I am a '80s metal fan, because I started to listen heavy metal in '87 with Iron Maiden's Somewhere in Time, I really miss and love those times, oh man it was really cool because every band was releasing another boom! I mean Iron Maiden's Somewher in Time, WASP's Inside the Electric Circus, Live in the Raw, Judas Priest's Ram It Down, and much more,

Did you ever see Twisted Sister?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
No Slipknot? Nine Inch Nails? Tool?

that's pop. ;)

Seriously...that's like saying the Clash was pop. Pop (popular) can be applied to any band that achieves commercial success. Just as popularity doesn't necessarily indicate greatness, a band that achieves popularity doesn't automatically make them cheesy.

Anyway, I'm not how accurate such labels as Heavy Metal or Rap can be. Was Rage Against The Machine, Rap or Heavy Metal? Not every band's style can fit so nicely into one category.

In 2004 I saw Godsmack and Metallica in New Orleans, AWESOME concert! :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, etc. are all good stuff. Not all of it is considered true heavy metal.

I got burned out on the stuff I grew up on as a teenager. Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Jethro Tull, James Gang, Guess Who, The Who, Steppenwolf, etc., etc. Every once in a while I dig out my old vinyl to listen.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

ac/dc...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Yeah horns high

AC/DC

OZZYOSBOURNE

LAMB OF GOD

ROB ZOMBIE

KORN

WASP

MOTLEY CRUE

KISS

The best metal band of all is VANHALEN. :dance:

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think most would agree, this is all the metal one needs, and then some:

post-34094-1200209516_thumb.jpg

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
No Slipknot? Nine Inch Nails? Tool?

that's pop. ;)

Seriously...that's like saying the Clash was pop. Pop (popular) can be applied to any band that achieves commercial success. Just as popularity doesn't necessarily indicate greatness, a band that achieves popularity doesn't automatically make them cheesy.

Anyway, I'm not how accurate such labels as Heavy Metal or Rap can be. Was Rage Against The Machine, Rap or Heavy Metal? Not every band's style can fit so nicely into one category.

yeah labels are not always easy to use.

This post is about "metal albums" but does it refer to only heavy metal and black metal or all the subcategories of metal? like heavy, black, death metal, nu metal, symphonic metal, gothic metal, doom, industrial, etc...

Anyway, Nine Inch Nails and Type O Negative rock! ;)

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

My hubsand likes:

Meshuggah...

Sikth...

Paradise Lost...

Cryptopsy...

Plus most...if not all of the bands already listed.

He's a huge metal fan...me, I can handle some of it. But I love, Love, Love to watch him play drums.

*drools* Yeah - I need to get Jeremy into playing drums... :whistle: Purely because it would be.... *tries to think of some excuse* Oh ok - just cause it's hot :lol:

I don't own many albums... I did try and indoctrinate my little bro when he was about 5 though (he's 20 now)... Made him a compilation tape of Iron Maiden, Metallica etc... now he's a HUGE Maiden fan and a complete metalhead with goth tendencies (it's an image thing- he's like a 14 year old :lol:)

Remember first listening to Fear of the Dark album when I was about 13/14 and thinking it just sounded like screaming... it is one of the albums I actually own now :lol:

Thought I'd stand up with Mags for us girlies :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!