58 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

ok, here's my story: please :help:

I came over here legally last march on K1, got legally married in May, sent out AOS application 2 days after wedding.

Got notified that my file was transferred to california in June.

Biometrics done in July. Got EAD in August. everything went well.

Then, no updates on my AOS til December 2007. So I called customer srvice and they advised me to make an infopass appointment.

Had infopass today and I am totally shocked of how unprofessionally we were treated.

First the imigration officer told us that my case was never received in California. He said that his screen shows that it went to Missouri and it was denied there.

:blink::blink::blink:

we never got notified or anything.

Then he gave us a whole new application kit to inquire about our denied case but he noted that it might take at least 6 months to get answers. we insisted that there had to be another way, there's no reason that they should deny our case without ever sending us an RFE or any note.

So he came up with a phone number for the Missouri office. So we called the Missouri office still at the infopass place and they told us they won't give us any information. They'd only speak to an imigration officer.

The imigration officer who gave us the number then refused to talk to the guy in Missouri.

So we asked to speak to his supervisor and thats when things got really nasty.

supervisor was a korean lady with very bad english, could hardly understand her.

Whenever she said anything she yelled at us like we were naughty little kids or breaking the law.

she said that we had no right for an infopass apt unless we were waiting for our case to be approved for longer than 4 years!!!!!!

then she said that all the people at uscis are idiots and they have nothing to do with Infopass . she claims uscis customer service would send people to her to beg for food stamps. she even asked us if we were going to ask her for food stamps!!!! #######?????

then she looked back into our case and claimed that my file is at csc and I'd have to wait for an interview up to 4 years!

I thought u don't have to interview if your case it at California service Center?

:unsure:

then she started screaming at us : "you want a fu--ing greencard? you have to go to a fu--ing interview, everybody has to go to an interview"

she got so nasty everybody in the room was scared. My husband asked her to please be civil and not talk to us like that but all she did was scream and ask weird questions over and over like what he does for a living ("u don't look like you work")

we were literally kicked out of there with no answers. I am in shock of how we were treated. We did everything the legal way, we were always friendly. My husband and I are both professionals but we were treated like #######.

I am totally confused about what to do now. is there another instance that we could inquire about our case? Has anyone here ever been denied for their Greencard?

My online status says that my case is pending in California but crazy-korean-lady said that means nothing and it's going to take us years to finally get approved.

I'm so confused and angry and sad!!! I would really appreciate any advice!

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Seems like if this is true you need to involve your US Senator's office AND your US Rep's office involved like yesterday.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

:o OMG :o I'm in shock to hear what happened at your infopass.

Since you have conflicting stories, one telling you that it's still at the CSC, the other that it's been denied. I'd say get a congressman involved, and tell him/her what happened. The crazy lady was just that, a crazy lady. I wouldn't take anything she said seriously, especially about the 4 yrs part. Maybe she was just having a horrible day.

Since you have conflicting stories, in the meantime, I'd tell you to be optimistic and hope it's still at the CSC, and wait to hear back from a congressmen or senator. Some cases at CSC take a period of silence and then all of the sudden a GC appears. The crazy lady was wrong, not all cases need an interview to get a green card.

Good luck to you (F)

12140.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sounds like you dealt with a very unprofessional and over worked person. I believe if you got a name or number you may be able to lodge a complaint.

What does USCIS Case status on line tell you?

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

This is truly shocking and hard to believe!! If she said "you don't look like you work" that is discrimination-- and the foodstamp comment? None of this makes much sense, I would also call an immigration lawyer.

K1 TIMELINE

2/24 Sent I 129f to VSC

3/2 Check cashed

3/6 NOA2

3/27 Packet 3 arrives

6/19 Interview- APPROVED K1 visa

8/3 Fede arrives in JFK, gets work authorization stamp

AOS/EAD/AP TIMELINE

9/24 NVC recieves AOS/AP/EAD package

9/28 Check cashed

10/03 NOA1 for EAD, AP

10/07 NOA1 for AOS

10/07 Biometrics letter

10/22 Biometrics appointment

10/23 Receive ADVANCED PAROLE

10/25 EAD card production ordered

11/02 EAD card mailed

11/05 EAD card recieved

11/16 Case transfered to CSC

12/10 RFE for I-693

1/14 Contact local Representative for help

2/6 Mail RFE letter stating we didn't send in medical per instructions of AOS for K1 because medical was done less than a year ago (We didn't think we would ever hear from our Congressman at this point)

2/13 Response (finally!) from Rep's office saying USCIS does not have the medical report

2/13 Decide to re-do medical :( another $300 spent in the name of sweet love

3/14 Letter of intent to deny with clear explanation of why.... medical didn't have TB skin test!

3/21/08 Green Card printed

4/1 Receive Green Card!

I-751TIMELINE

1/05/2010- Working on 751 packet

2/24/10 "Your item was delivered at 11:10 AM on February 24, 2010 in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479."

3/5/10 Received NOA dated 2/25/10. Check not cashed yet.

3/17/10 I wrote the date on the check as 2009!!! I had to resend entire package with a new check. :(

3/21/2010- 2 year green card expires

4/23/10 Biometrics Appointment

7/12/10 ROC APPROVED!! Card production ordered for a Lawful Permanent Resident card. (We were not interviewed.)

Timeline

thanks for your quick responses!

@Yu&Dan: my online status says it's pending at csc.

crazy-korean-lady says that doesn't mean anything and it's an unreliable source. Ihope she's wrong, but why would our case come up as denied in Missouri in their computers? :unsure:

we did get her to send an email to CSC for some information. Hubby got her name and we're planning to go to a congressman. Not today though since we're both just too perplex and disturbed about what happened and me preggers totally emotionally overwhelmed by this. :wacko:

I think I must have had a heart attack in there. what does that feel like? I think I had one!

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

UNBELIEVABLE! Broken USA government, immigration services needs major purging of all the dead weight workers and supervisors, I feel for you. BUT I would immediately contact your nearest USA Congressman's office and take all your information with you when you meet with them, then ask for their help to file a Congressional Inquiry, they will know what it is and have staff that handle this sort of thing all the time, and within 48-72 hours USCIS will have to give that Congressman an answer, I would bet you that you will be surprised how your case suddenly becomes found and worked again miraculously. Sadly USCIS immigration is lacking in certain offices and regions. Good luck. :angry: :angry:

ok, here's my story: please :help:

I came over here legally last march on K1, got legally married in May, sent out AOS application 2 days after wedding.

Got notified that my file was transferred to california in June.

Biometrics done in July. Got EAD in August. everything went well.

Then, no updates on my AOS til December 2007. So I called customer srvice and they advised me to make an infopass appointment.

Had infopass today and I am totally shocked of how unprofessionally we were treated.

First the imigration officer told us that my case was never received in California. He said that his screen shows that it went to Missouri and it was denied there.

:blink::blink::blink:

we never got notified or anything.

Then he gave us a whole new application kit to inquire about our denied case but he noted that it might take at least 6 months to get answers. we insisted that there had to be another way, there's no reason that they should deny our case without ever sending us an RFE or any note.

So he came up with a phone number for the Missouri office. So we called the Missouri office still at the infopass place and they told us they won't give us any information. They'd only speak to an imigration officer.

The imigration officer who gave us the number then refused to talk to the guy in Missouri.

So we asked to speak to his supervisor and thats when things got really nasty.

supervisor was a korean lady with very bad english, could hardly understand her.

Whenever she said anything she yelled at us like we were naughty little kids or breaking the law.

she said that we had no right for an infopass apt unless we were waiting for our case to be approved for longer than 4 years!!!!!!

then she said that all the people at uscis are idiots and they have nothing to do with Infopass . she claims uscis customer service would send people to her to beg for food stamps. she even asked us if we were going to ask her for food stamps!!!! #######?????

then she looked back into our case and claimed that my file is at csc and I'd have to wait for an interview up to 4 years!

I thought u don't have to interview if your case it at California service Center?

:unsure:

then she started screaming at us : "you want a fu--ing greencard? you have to go to a fu--ing interview, everybody has to go to an interview"

she got so nasty everybody in the room was scared. My husband asked her to please be civil and not talk to us like that but all she did was scream and ask weird questions over and over like what he does for a living ("u don't look like you work")

we were literally kicked out of there with no answers. I am in shock of how we were treated. We did everything the legal way, we were always friendly. My husband and I are both professionals but we were treated like #######.

I am totally confused about what to do now. is there another instance that we could inquire about our case? Has anyone here ever been denied for their Greencard?

My online status says that my case is pending in California but crazy-korean-lady said that means nothing and it's going to take us years to finally get approved.

I'm so confused and angry and sad!!! I would really appreciate any advice!

Timeline

@zgt: thank you for that information!!

thanks to you all! I feel better now! (F) it's nothing new to me that uscis people are very unfriendly but this really went way below the waistline. :blink:

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
thanks for your quick responses!

@Yu&Dan: my online status says it's pending at csc.

crazy-korean-lady says that doesn't mean anything and it's an unreliable source. Ihope she's wrong, but why would our case come up as denied in Missouri in their computers? :unsure:

we did get her to send an email to CSC for some information. Hubby got her name and we're planning to go to a congressman. Not today though since we're both just too perplex and disturbed about what happened and me preggers totally emotionally overwhelmed by this. :wacko:

I think I must have had a heart attack in there. what does that feel like? I think I had one!

Remember, that information is sometimes as only reliable as the person that is keying it in.

Hopefully, the matter will be resolved soon.

I can't even begin to fathom what it was like dealing with that maniac of a woman. She sounds like she is in dire need of a mental health day.

04-21-2006 | Marriage in Santa Ana, CA
I-130 Process
06-29-2006 | Mailed to CSC
08-23-2006 | Was told application was rejected & sent back
08-30-2006 | Recieved rejected package
09-01-2006 | Resubmitted I-130
09-08-2006 | NOA1 (now that's more like it)
09-13-2006 | Recieved NOA1 in the mail
12-19-2006 | Recieved email RFE
12-20-2006 | Recieved RFE in mail
12-22-2006 | Sent out RFE info
01-09-2007 | NOA2 Email received!
I-130 at NVC
01-24-2007 | Case Number Assigned
02-06-2007 | Emailed DS-3032 COA
02-09-2007 | NVC confirms COA in email
02-20-2007 | DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed
02-26-2007 | Received DS3032 and AOS Fee Bill
02-28-2007 | Mailed AOS Fee Bill and check
03-13-2007 | I-864 received
03-21-2007 | I-864 sent
05-16-2007 | IV Bill resent from NVC (never got the first)
06-02-2007 | IV Bill received
06-05-2007 | IV Bill payment sent
06-26-2007 | Received DS230
06-29-2007 | Mailed DS230 to NVC
08-15-2007 | NVC process complete but was sent back to US CIS (#@$%#$% this sucks)
11-08-2007 | I-130 returned to NVC
11-08-2007 | Requested expedited interview due to daughters illness
11-21-2007 | NVC approved expedited interview. Mailed to Montreal Embassy Nov 20th
12-11-2007 | Told by contact at US Consulate in Toronto that our interview date will be on Jan 4th.
01-04-2008 | Interview In Montreal. VISA GRANTED
01-11-2008 | Arrival in the US
11-09-2009 | Biometrics taken for 10 year green card
01-20-2010 | Approved- 10 GC ordered for production

06-22-2013 | N-400 package sent

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If everything fails, re-schedule an Infopass and bring a lawyer with you, a good one that knows how to give them hell

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

O my God!!! I can't believe it what happened to you guys.

I hope so you gonna work this out!Good luck!

10-15-2007 Mailed AOS Packet10-16-2007 10:18 AM AOS package delivered

10-23-2007 NOA1 for I-130, I-485 and I-765

10-24-2007 checks cashed

11-20-2007 Biometrics appointment

11-01-2007 RFE

12-14-2007 Response to RFE and case processing has resumed

01-11-2008 Interview letter recevied

01-14-2008 EAD Card production ordered

01-25-2008 EAD card received

02-21-2008 Interview in Garden City:Approved

03-06-2008 Card production order

03-06-2008 I-130 Approval notice sent

03-06-2008 I-485 Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

03-11-2008 I-130 Approval notice and welcome letter received

03-18-2008 I-485 Approval notice sent

03-20-2008 Received Green Card!!!

Removing conditions:

01-07-2010 I-751 packet sent

01-11-2010 11:00am packet delivered

01-25-2010 Biometric letter received dated for 02/11/2010

03-03-2010 Card production order

03-11-2010 Received Green Card!

Citizenship:

04-05-2013 application for naturalization received by uscis

05-06-2013 biometrics appointment

07-24-2013 citizenship test appointment - pass!! smile.png

08-07-2013 Oath ceremony - Naturalization approved smile.png

* Happily married with 2 babies star_smile.gifstar_smile.gif

If a business treated its customer this way, you could totally sue it. How come you can't sue the USCIS for what they are doing?! Crazy lady should be put in a mental house not handling AOS.

12140.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.