Laurence+Lauren

Has anyone used usavisanow.com? Any experience?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Give yourself true peace of mind and save your money! Unless your have serious issues, lawyers do nothing to help this process or expedite service. They stand in the same line as the general public. Filing a for a K-1 is simple and straight forward. Just follow the instructions and you will be fine. If you get confused, come to these forums. There are tons of folks that have been through this with answers.

Stop feeding the lawyers! If we do, they should weaken enough to stop breeding. Over time we might be able to drive them into extinction. The world will be a far better place!

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop feeding the lawyers! If we do, they should weaken enough to stop breeding. Over time we might be able to drive them into extinction. The world will be a far better place!

Lol that's funny

Do what HE says! :-P

Removal of conditions...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Thanks, everyone, for your advice. Your opinions collectively are speaking volumes to me! I think we will go it alone, as that was my girlfriend's first impulse. I was just unsure, and it's a big thing for us and I really don't want anything to go wrong as I'm sure you can all understand! If the lawyers only serve to complicate matters then it's gonna be best to do it ourselves.

Thanks again, everyone!

Sep/Oct 2006 - We met online randomly, courtesy of Google and Myspace! Became best friends very quickly!

May 2007 - I booked tickets to go see Lauren in AL in November '07

June 2007 - Decided to date online

September 2007 - Fell in love!

November 2007 - I flew to Alabama to meet Lauren for the first time. We spent a PERFECT week together!

April 2008 - Lauren came to stay with me in England for a week!

May 5th 2008 - Mailed our K-1 application

July 31st 2008 - FINALLY received NOA1 (letter)

November 20th 2008 - Visited Lauren in AL for her birthday =D

January 21st 2009 - Received our NOA2 (letter)

February 6th 2009 - Received Packet 3

February 9th 2009 - Sent off Packet 3

February 20th 2009 - Medical

March 5th 2009 - Received Packet 4

March 12th 2009 - Interview - missing co-sponsor I-134 and tax returns! D'oh!

March 17th 2009 - Sent off missing forms and passport to US Embassy via SMS courier

March 23rd 2009 - Passport returned WITH VISA!

April 9th 2009 - Flying to Alabama

UK/N.Ireland Visa Filers - Do you have the NEW ACPO Police Record Certificate? Click Here (VJ Thread) To Learn More! (The old Subject Access Statement won't do any more!)

Read My Interview Review here

Thanks, everyone, for your advice. Your opinions collectively are speaking volumes to me! I think we will go it alone, as that was my girlfriend's first impulse. I was just unsure, and it's a big thing for us and I really don't want anything to go wrong as I'm sure you can all understand! If the lawyers only serve to complicate matters then it's gonna be best to do it ourselves.

Thanks again, everyone!

A little piece of advice! Read the Guides first and first of ALL!!! They are giving you a complete checklist of things and are EXTREMELY clear.

Removal of conditions...

Thanks again, everyone!

:)

I was the same as your girlfriend. Nick and I almost hired a lawyer. We contacted them, got information and were willing to shell out $1800 bucks until I found VJ.

Luckily I had to wait for my divorce papers before we could file so we had plenty of time to change our minds and the second I saw the helpful boards here I said "Screw that!" :lol:

Read the Guides, study them together, get everything in order and you guys will have no problems. Imagine how rewarding it will be!!!

So many of us are doing it alone (but really we aren't alone, we have each other on here!!!), you can too!!!

Best of luck to you! :)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Other Timeline

Different POV.

It never hurts to have a consult with a COMPETENT immigration attorney. We did.

A good attorney who knows their stuff will consult with you for a nominal fee or sometimes no fee. Some will do phone consults. They know the 'right' questions to ask you about your life and your relationship - the questions posters on VJ might not be aware of that may yield a 'devilish detail' about your case.

We consulted with an attorney prior to filing. He told us we didn't need him. A good immigration attorney will tell you likewise if they detect nothing inordinate about your case, because they are too busy working for people who really need them to try to 'make a fee' off those people who can handle the paperwork independently.

A quick consult is always good peace of mind to have.

Different POV.

It never hurts to have a consult with a COMPETENT immigration attorney. We did.

A good attorney who knows their stuff will consult with you for a nominal fee or sometimes no fee. Some will do phone consults. They know the 'right' questions to ask you about your life and your relationship - the questions posters on VJ might not be aware of that may yield a 'devilish detail' about your case.

We consulted with an attorney prior to filing. He told us we didn't need him. A good immigration attorney will tell you likewise if they detect nothing inordinate about your case, because they are too busy working for people who really need them to try to 'make a fee' off those people who can handle the paperwork independently.

A quick consult is always good peace of mind to have.

:thumbs: Good Advice Rebeccajo!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

As long as you follow the guides on VJ, you should do it yourself and spend the money you save on something more useful. I've read just as many problems or RFE's regardless if a person has an attorney or not. With that said, it's your money. There is no right or wrong answer which is going to be the faster of the 2 routes for you to travel in the process. Like David said, it is another person that gets the paperwork and potential longer wait there. On the other hand, you should take STP's advice. It is solid. I would imagine you want someone to tell the perfect info on what to do, but that's not going to happen.

Citizenship

8/06/2011 - Package sent

8/25/2011 - Biometrics schedule

9/26/2011 - Interview date received

10/09/2011 - Received yellow letter

11/08/2011 - Interview date THANKS GOD went smooth n pretty easy with the nice lady IO takes 9-10 minutes wow???????????????

I think I waited more time for my Oath Ceremony schedule rather than interview process and after 13 minutes the lady gave my sched WOW CAN'T BELIEVE ......yayyyyyyy

11/16/2011 - Oath Ceremony

Visit My Website

www.roseandchuck.com

Removing Conditions

08/3/2010 - File for Removal of Conditions (I-751)

08/6/2010 - Received date/ Noticed Date

9/06/2010 - Biometric Date Modesto

12/2/2010 - Card production( they orderd) new card. I just checked I'm not in hurry but hahahaha lucky GOD IS SO GOOD THANKS FOR EVERYTHING PAPA JESUS MWAHHH.

AOS

06/06/2008 - AOS PACKAGE SENT

06/09/2008 - RECEIVED DATE

06/13/2008- NOTICED DATE checked cleared ( received in mail 06/17/2008 notice for AOS, EAD and AP)

07/09/2008- BIOMETRICS date modesto

08/18/2008- AP APPROVED ( received date 8/22/2008)

08/18/2008- EAD APPROVED ( received date 8/27/2008)

09/17/2008- RECEIVED interview date appoinment

10/29/2008- INTERVIEW date 1:00pm sacramento (approved)

11/05/2008- RECEIVED WELCOME NOTICE

11/07/2008- RECEIVED GREEN CARD

banner-1.jpg

• 7 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi everyone, this is my first post here and can I just say, what a fountain of information this site has proved to be! My girlfriend and I are planning to start the K-1 process soon, once we are officially engaged (!) and I believe it will offer better peace of mind if we use an attourney to act on our behalf with all the paperwork.

I found a website online, www.usavisanow.com and they look like they might be a good choice. I was just wondering if anyone else had experience with this company? Or perhaps if there is someone else you could all recommend? My girlfriend and I are 100% sure we want to get married, and that we want to go down the K-1 route. We just want to find the best help we can for what we can afford (which sadly isn't much!).

I am from England and my girlfriend lives in Alabama, US. She was considering using someone local, rather than an internet based company, so if anyone knows of a good immigration lawyer firm in AL then that would be helpful too!

Hi, my fiance and I used John Roth and Associates and they have an office in Mobile, Al. They have been very professional and responsive to any ?s we have had. It is not cheap but for me it was worth the money to avoid alot of the hassles that some couples may go through. Everyone is different and may choose to do the paperwork themselves. This is just to mention a law firm that I can speak from experience has done what they say.

I also have John Roth and Associates and we are using their Legal Assistant out of Mobile AL as well. However, I am finding that they are taking a great deal of time to prepare our paperwork. We hired them in February of 2008 and just when I thought the paperwork was ready to go, have now been asked to send more. It is now Aug. 08 and it still has not been sent. Did you experience the same situation?

Remember - worry looks around, sorry looks back and faith looks up.

Hi everyone, this is my first post here and can I just say, what a fountain of information this site has proved to be! My girlfriend and I are planning to start the K-1 process soon, once we are officially engaged (!) and I believe it will offer better peace of mind if we use an attourney to act on our behalf with all the paperwork.

I found a website online, www.usavisanow.com and they look like they might be a good choice. I was just wondering if anyone else had experience with this company? Or perhaps if there is someone else you could all recommend? My girlfriend and I are 100% sure we want to get married, and that we want to go down the K-1 route. We just want to find the best help we can for what we can afford (which sadly isn't much!).

I am from England and my girlfriend lives in Alabama, US. She was considering using someone local, rather than an internet based company, so if anyone knows of a good immigration lawyer firm in AL then that would be helpful too!

Hi, my fiance and I used John Roth and Associates and they have an office in Mobile, Al. They have been very professional and responsive to any ?s we have had. It is not cheap but for me it was worth the money to avoid alot of the hassles that some couples may go through. Everyone is different and may choose to do the paperwork themselves. This is just to mention a law firm that I can speak from experience has done what they say.

I also have John Roth and Associates and we are using their Legal Assistant out of Mobile AL as well. However, I am finding that they are taking a great deal of time to prepare our paperwork. We hired them in February of 2008 and just when I thought the paperwork was ready to go, have now been asked to send more. It is now Aug. 08 and it still has not been sent. Did you experience the same situation?

If you hired them in Feb 2008 and they've not sent the petition out yet, and it's August...then they're really giving you the run around. The only thing I thought might be a delay is if they did send the original petition, and they're asking you for further paperwork (evidence?) now, because you got an RFE. Don't delay, ask what's going on with your case, or ask for your money back, and get either another attorney, or do this work yourself. This is utterly ridiculous.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I purchased the K1 do-it-yourself kit from www.usavisanow.com and I regretted it, I can advise you to save your money. There was NOTHING useful in that kit. On their website where they describe the contents of the kit, just print that page and then go to the USCIS website and download all of the forms from there. The forms that came in the kit which I PAID for could NOT be filled in on the computer and saved!! I couldn't believe it. But the forms that you can download for FREE from USCIS website let you fill them in on your computer and save and edit them. So I got zero use from any of the forms that came in the kit and ended up downloading all of my own forms anyway. usavisanow website said that after you purchase thier kit they are available to answer your questions. I emailed them several times with questions and go no reply from them. I tried several times to call them and only ever reached a message machine where I left messages and they never returned my call. There may be better services out there that you could use .... but after using usavisanow myself I would advise you to avoid them. I know that it is very intimidating to get started, but just go to USCIS and download their instructions and free forms and then gather all of your information and documents and start with the I-129F and as you get into it you will see that it is not that bad. If you have questions you are much more likely to get good advice and answers here on this forum than from those services that only just want your money.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

As it has been said: 99% of all lawyers give the rest a bad name. :)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just to add to the discussion.....I debated going the lawyer angle myself, but after reading through the information here, I felt comfortable in proceeding on my own....well, not really on my own, because I have a lot of resources and people here that are willing to guide and advise me. Never fear, you have to many great people here who have been through it, are going through it, and want you to be successful in your journey.....and all without charging you. :)

Good luck. You'll find plenty of other needs for the money you would have spent on legal fees.

Timeline

04-21-2008 - Wrote to each other for the first time

07-22-2008 - Met in Bangalore

07-30-2008 - Got engaged

08-05-2008 - Mailed I-129F (K1 Visa) Petition to VSC

08-06-2008 - I-129F (K1 Visa) Petition received by VSC

08-13-2008 - Check cased

08-18-2008 - NOA1 received

08-18-2008 - I-129F (K1 Visa) Petition "Touched"

The lawyers don't make the process faster.. they just make it "easier", but it's a big ammount of money WASTED... here at VJ, we are not lawyers, well maybe some... but we all the advices that you can get from here, you definetly can get your process work faster... Good Luck...

Remember that after all is your decision, this are just advices...

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Nicaragua

Marriage : 2008-02-21

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-04-01

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-10

NVC Received : 2008-07-11

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-07-21

Pay I-864 Bill AND Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-07-22

IV Payment Online: 2008-07-30

Sent Completed I-864 and DS230: 2008-08-01

DS230 and I864 entered to the system:2008-08-06

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-08-14 //// 35 days! /// Not bad!

Medical Exam: 2008-09-18

Interview Date : 2008-10-08

Visa Received : 2008-10-16

US Entry : 2008-10-18 POE: Houston

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2010-07-16

NOA Date : 2010-07-20

Biometrics Taken: 2010-07-29

RFE 2010/10/12

RFE Respond 2010/11/05

Aproverd: 2010/11/23

Card Received: 2010/11/27

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.