Laurence+Lauren

Has anyone used usavisanow.com? Any experience?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi everyone, this is my first post here and can I just say, what a fountain of information this site has proved to be! My girlfriend and I are planning to start the K-1 process soon, once we are officially engaged (!) and I believe it will offer better peace of mind if we use an attourney to act on our behalf with all the paperwork.

I found a website online, www.usavisanow.com and they look like they might be a good choice. I was just wondering if anyone else had experience with this company? Or perhaps if there is someone else you could all recommend? My girlfriend and I are 100% sure we want to get married, and that we want to go down the K-1 route. We just want to find the best help we can for what we can afford (which sadly isn't much!).

I am from England and my girlfriend lives in Alabama, US. She was considering using someone local, rather than an internet based company, so if anyone knows of a good immigration lawyer firm in AL then that would be helpful too!

Sep/Oct 2006 - We met online randomly, courtesy of Google and Myspace! Became best friends very quickly!

May 2007 - I booked tickets to go see Lauren in AL in November '07

June 2007 - Decided to date online

September 2007 - Fell in love!

November 2007 - I flew to Alabama to meet Lauren for the first time. We spent a PERFECT week together!

April 2008 - Lauren came to stay with me in England for a week!

May 5th 2008 - Mailed our K-1 application

July 31st 2008 - FINALLY received NOA1 (letter)

November 20th 2008 - Visited Lauren in AL for her birthday =D

January 21st 2009 - Received our NOA2 (letter)

February 6th 2009 - Received Packet 3

February 9th 2009 - Sent off Packet 3

February 20th 2009 - Medical

March 5th 2009 - Received Packet 4

March 12th 2009 - Interview - missing co-sponsor I-134 and tax returns! D'oh!

March 17th 2009 - Sent off missing forms and passport to US Embassy via SMS courier

March 23rd 2009 - Passport returned WITH VISA!

April 9th 2009 - Flying to Alabama

UK/N.Ireland Visa Filers - Do you have the NEW ACPO Police Record Certificate? Click Here (VJ Thread) To Learn More! (The old Subject Access Statement won't do any more!)

Read My Interview Review here

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, this is my first post here and can I just say, what a fountain of information this site has proved to be! My girlfriend and I are planning to start the K-1 process soon, once we are officially engaged (!) and I believe it will offer better peace of mind if we use an attourney to act on our behalf with all the paperwork.

I found a website online, www.usavisanow.com and they look like they might be a good choice. I was just wondering if anyone else had experience with this company? Or perhaps if there is someone else you could all recommend? My girlfriend and I are 100% sure we want to get married, and that we want to go down the K-1 route. We just want to find the best help we can for what we can afford (which sadly isn't much!).

I am from England and my girlfriend lives in Alabama, US. She was considering using someone local, rather than an internet based company, so if anyone knows of a good immigration lawyer firm in AL then that would be helpful too!

Unless you have some complications in your situation, you can pretty much handle everything on your own.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Unless you have some complications in your situation, you can pretty much handle everything on your own.

I've been told this too but I really don't want to leave anything to chance. I can afford to use an immigration attorney, and if it takes some of the difficulty and potential stress out of this I'm going to use it! It'd be nice to know that someone in the know is checking over all the different forms and making sure we haven't missed anything. The process takes long enough as it is and I have the WORST luck with forms and stuff!

Sep/Oct 2006 - We met online randomly, courtesy of Google and Myspace! Became best friends very quickly!

May 2007 - I booked tickets to go see Lauren in AL in November '07

June 2007 - Decided to date online

September 2007 - Fell in love!

November 2007 - I flew to Alabama to meet Lauren for the first time. We spent a PERFECT week together!

April 2008 - Lauren came to stay with me in England for a week!

May 5th 2008 - Mailed our K-1 application

July 31st 2008 - FINALLY received NOA1 (letter)

November 20th 2008 - Visited Lauren in AL for her birthday =D

January 21st 2009 - Received our NOA2 (letter)

February 6th 2009 - Received Packet 3

February 9th 2009 - Sent off Packet 3

February 20th 2009 - Medical

March 5th 2009 - Received Packet 4

March 12th 2009 - Interview - missing co-sponsor I-134 and tax returns! D'oh!

March 17th 2009 - Sent off missing forms and passport to US Embassy via SMS courier

March 23rd 2009 - Passport returned WITH VISA!

April 9th 2009 - Flying to Alabama

UK/N.Ireland Visa Filers - Do you have the NEW ACPO Police Record Certificate? Click Here (VJ Thread) To Learn More! (The old Subject Access Statement won't do any more!)

Read My Interview Review here

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Follow the guide here on VJ and save money :thumbs:

Yeah, I was going to say the very same thing.

The guides and example forms are super helpful plus reading through all the filing instructions carefully answers alot of questions, too. Looking back I really would be sorry if I had hired a lawyer to get me through this!

And, correct me if I'm wrong, from reading through other peoples experiences with lawyers it seems like alot of them rather slow the process down than speed it up (by being not well informed) or even give wrong advice.

Go for it, you can do it!

View my Timeline

R.I.P. Diana

1982 - 2008

Hi, my fiance and I used John Roth and Associates and they have an office in Mobile, Al. They have been very professional and responsive to any ?s we have had. It is not cheap but for me it was worth the money to avoid alot of the hassles that some couples may go through. Everyone is different and may choose to do the paperwork themselves. This is just to mention a law firm that I can speak from experience has done what they say.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

At first the paperwork seemed overwhelming but lots of reading and following the guides here on VJ has proved to be wonderful. However you decide to go....welcome to VJ and good luck in your process....

Jun: I Met Elias in Peru

Oct: Returned to Peru. Elias proposed!!

Nov 26: Mailed I-129F to VSC

Nov 28: Rec. Signature Confirm of delivery from USPS

Nov 29: Check cashed ; rec. receipt number. E-NOA1

Feb 14: Touch

Feb 14: NOA2 by email!

Feb 19: File Arrived @ NVC

Feb 20: Hard-copy NOA2

Feb 21: File Left NVC for Lima.

Feb 25: File @ U.S. embassy in Lima!

Mar 04: Rec. Packet 3/4

Mar 18: 8 a.m. My Morenito's Interview!!

Mar 25: VISA IN HAND!!!

Apr 4: My love is home!!!!

Apr 29: Our marriage. And life begins anew..

Dec 31: Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP to Chicago

Jan 5: Rec. e-mail confirm of delivery from USPS

Jan 8: Check cashed. MSC number not visible....

Jan 12: Rec. Hard Copy Notices for AOS, EAD, and AP. Touched

Jan 16: Rec. NOA-Biometrics Scheduled 1/28/09

Jan 28: 9:00 a.m. Biometrics appt. Fast - 15 minutes in and out!

Jan 29: Touched.

Feb 3: AOS Trans. to CSC

Feb 10: AOS Arrived @ CSC

Mar 04: Touch on AOS

Mar 09: Notifice that AP approved 3/6/09

Mar 13: Rec. AP

Mar 16: Rec. EAD (surprised as USCIS shows no updates)

Apr 3: Rec Welcome Letter, AOS approved 03/30 (surprise, no updates on website)

Apr 8: GC Received

June 5: Our precious baby girl arrived!

June 7: Our darling son arrived!

I've been told this too but I really don't want to leave anything to chance. I can afford to use an immigration attorney, and if it takes some of the difficulty and potential stress out of this I'm going to use it! It'd be nice to know that someone in the know is checking over all the different forms and making sure we haven't missed anything. The process takes long enough as it is and I have the WORST luck with forms and stuff!

From time to time, you see horror stories on here about how their lawyer screwed up their paperwork or sent it the wrong place. If you do decide to go with a lawyer or agency make sure you do your research.

keTiiDCjGVo

If I knew about this site before I hired a lawyer, I would have never hired one. Not only did I waste money, but it added to my stress and frustration. The guy was a talentless idiot like most of them

Just do VJ

Good luck

Removal of conditions...

Frankly, (if your case isn't overly complex) I'd say there's more chance involved with getting an attorney than filing yourself.

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

All lawyers are are glorified proof readers. You have to gather up all the information for them anyway, so you still have to do work. If you have a straight forward case, do it yourself!!!

Save yourself thousands of dollars!

It's quite simple once you read the Guides here at VJ and get everything organized.

You can do it!!!

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Getting a lawyer actually slows down the process, because that is one extra person all your paperwork has to go through before it gets into the hands of the people that need it. I did the I-129F part all on my own, with barely any research done, and everything went fine. We had one RFE, (for more evidence) but it only slowed us down about 2 weeks. The only time you really need a lawyer for this process is if there is something that has happened that might require a lawyer's advice. Lawyers who are only doing your paperwork for the money are likely to do a lot less checking over that paperwork than you, who really cares about it.

The information on this site tells you EVERYTHING you need to know to do this on your own, if you read a bit you'll have no problems at all. And any questions can be asked here and you'll always get quick responses and accurate info.

K-1 Process

I-129F Sent : 2007-04-28

I-129F NOA1 :2007-06-05

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-10-28

RFE Reply(s) :2007-11-05

I-129F NOA2 :2007-11-28

NVC Received : 2007-12-20

NVC Left :2007-12-27 (due to holidays :P)

Consulate Received :2007/12/28 (Vancouver)

Packet 3 Received :2008-01-07

Packet 3 Sent :2008-01-07

Packet 4 Received :2008-01-14

Interview Date :2008-02-11

Visa Received :2008-02-13

US Entry :2008-02-20

Marriage :2008-02-26

Wedding Ceremony: 2008-05-03

Adjustment of Status 4105.gif

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2008-03-09

NOA: 2008-03-15

RFE(s) : 2008-03-29

Bio. Appt. : 2008-04-01

Touched: 04/01 - 04/02 - 04/16 - 04/17 - 04/18 - 04/21 - 05/06 - 05/07 - 05/08

Transferred to CSC: 2008-04-30

APPROVED!! : 2008-06-18

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method :Mail

Bio. Appt. : 2008-04-01

Approved: 2008-05-12

Advance Parole

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method : Mail

Approved: 2008-05-12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

lozz59, of course in the end you have to make the decision that's right for you, and you have to feel comfortable with your course of action; you may also have a great lawyer who will take all the headache out of things for you

however, I would agree with Liebi:

...from reading through other peoples experiences with lawyers it seems like alot of them rather slow the process down than speed it up (by being not well informed) or even give wrong advice...

I've been a regular reader and poster here for some months now, and off the top of my head I can't think of a single person who said 'I'm so thankful for our lawyer; s/he was so helpful', but I CAN think of a great number who ended up with problems, or felt they had wasted money, or whatever... if you're just put off by the overwhelming look of the whole process, I'm sympathetic; it IS pretty overwhelming, but it's also manageable, and I would encourage you to strongly consider doing it yourself, as most of the other posters have also said

and as you've already discovered, there's not a lot that VJ can't assist you with ;)

in any case, very best wishes whatever you decide :thumbs:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Seriously. You should consider the post above. I haven't read one thread about a person being happy with their lawyer either. I filed for my AOS solely using this site and I am feeling more confident, comfortable and more on the top of things than I did when I was on my K-1 journey with that lawyer

Removal of conditions...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.