Modano

Stupid Stupid Stupid

22 posts in this topic

Going home for the holidays is always an exciting, but stressful time of year. I was so happy to be flying home. Everything was going perfect. My husband and I got bumped off our original flights, but that was okay because they put us on a direct flight home. I was going to get to Calgary 3 hours early.

Well in all the gate changes and going from seat to seat I decided I was going to put on hand cream and took off all of my rings including my wedding band and engagement ring.... I lost them both! I feel so stupid! I can't believe I lost them. I was on the plane when I noticed that they were not on my hand. I just stood up and walked away without them! How could I leave something so important behind? Everyone keeps telling me that they were just pieces of metal and rocks, but that's besides the point! My husband choose those for me. I cried for 4 hours on the flight and of course burst into tears again when my family greeted us at the gate. I spent Christmas Eve bursting into tears every time I thought about it. I was so embarrassed. How could I be so freaking stupid? My husband bought me a cheapy wedding band and engagement ring set from Shoppers Drug Mart on Christmas Eve so I wouldn't have to explain to everyone where mine were. (He did a really good job of finding something very very similar.) He was so embarrassed that he was buying a $24.99 ring set on Christmas Eve. He said the girl looked at him like he was the biggest cheapskate in the world. I felt so bad for him.

Life lesson... Don't take your rings off while putting on hand cream at the freaking airport. You'll never find them again. :crying:

Modano (Kandy) ~ Canada ------ Johnny ~ USA

04/22/05 ~ Moved to the US

06/18/05 ~ Married!! Woo Hoo!

06/22/05 ~ Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago

06/27/05 ~ Applied for SSN

07/05/05 ~ Received SS card via Mail

07/08/05 ~ NOA's for AOS/AP received

08/24/05 ~ Fingerprinting & Biometrics

03/07/06 ~ I-485 Interview Date

03/07/06 ~ I-485 Approved!

04/13/06 ~ Conditional GC Received

01/04/08 ~ I -751 package mailed to NSC

01/09/08 ~ Confirmation package was received

01/07/08 ~ Cheque cashed - they cashed that in a hurry!

01/15/08 ~ NOA Received dated 01/07/08

01/29/08 ~ Biometrics appointment letter dated 01/25/08

02/12/08 ~ Biometrics appointment

03/13/08 ~ APPROVED!! Green Card has been ordered!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Oh i am so sorry to hear that! yeah me too i love my Ring and sometimes i lose it in the house and i be like crazy looking for it all over the house.. how about u lost them forever! yeah this is bad.. but where did u live them???

Edited by Sand

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh geez.... :( Don't beat yourself up over it. You're mind was probably so distracted with everything else that couldn't focus any of your attention on what you were doing...something we all do from time to time.

Have you contacted the airlines in the chance that somebody honest might have turned them in?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i alwaysss do that!! when i'm sitting in class though, i usually put them on my pen so they don't fall anywhere..haha....but sometimes, at home, i'll put them in my lap, then i'll get up later, only to hear them fall on the floor. :unsure:

i guess we should just get used to putting lotion on with them on somehow..haha...

hopefully they'll turn up...if you contact the airlines like someone suggested...

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry about what happened! I almost lost mine too! Luckily, I still recovered it. It was a terrible feeling, really! Anyways, I hope you are Ok don't feel bad anymore because you are not the only one who lost one.

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

Filed: Timeline

Damn, that sucks, poor you. Don't beat yourself up over it too much though :) I know it's more of an emotional value rather than the financial one, but it happened and you can't change it now.

I have troubles with my ring as well - dropped it off at the jeweler's place a few weeks ago to get it polished...when I went tback to pick it up, I had forgotten the slip they had given me to pick it up, so I couldn't take my ring with me. Then I went there again, with the slip, and when I looked at my ring it was GOLD! Shiny yellow gold. But my ring had been white gold :( So now they have to overlay it with white gold again and I can pick it up "next year".

I was so angry, I almost jumped over the counter and choked the guy lol

Oh my dear...I'm so sorry to hear you lost your rings! I can understand the crying part. That would be me. How sweet however that your husband went and got you something to wear instead! Sounds like an understanding man. We're always the hardest on ourselves and life lessons are oh so hard. I hope you enjoyed part of your holiday visiting your family.

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's sad, but you should definitely check with the airport - who knows, you might be lucky and someone kind will have turned them in to lost property!

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

i am so so sorry that happened to you. I do the same thing, and id be so devistated if i lost my wedding set

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Going home for the holidays is always an exciting, but stressful time of year. I was so happy to be flying home. Everything was going perfect. My husband and I got bumped off our original flights, but that was okay because they put us on a direct flight home. I was going to get to Calgary 3 hours early.

Well in all the gate changes and going from seat to seat I decided I was going to put on hand cream and took off all of my rings including my wedding band and engagement ring.... I lost them both! I feel so stupid! I can't believe I lost them. I was on the plane when I noticed that they were not on my hand. I just stood up and walked away without them! How could I leave something so important behind? Everyone keeps telling me that they were just pieces of metal and rocks, but that's besides the point! My husband choose those for me. I cried for 4 hours on the flight and of course burst into tears again when my family greeted us at the gate. I spent Christmas Eve bursting into tears every time I thought about it. I was so embarrassed. How could I be so freaking stupid? My husband bought me a cheapy wedding band and engagement ring set from Shoppers Drug Mart on Christmas Eve so I wouldn't have to explain to everyone where mine were. (He did a really good job of finding something very very similar.) He was so embarrassed that he was buying a $24.99 ring set on Christmas Eve. He said the girl looked at him like he was the biggest cheapskate in the world. I felt so bad for him.

Life lesson... Don't take your rings off while putting on hand cream at the freaking airport. You'll never find them again. :crying:

I would check with the airline....believe or not there are some honest people still out there!!

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Be careful putting on gloves too...

My wife an I both misplaced ours the same week. I blamed the dog for eating it, showed up on the nightstand a few days later. Same for the wife's.

Really, it is just metal. Don't beat yourself up over it.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

This is why I don't take my rings off when putting hand cream on, taking a shower, nothing. Mine may not be that expensive (the two of them are worth probably about 400 together) but they mean a lot to me.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I would feel terrible if that happened to me too. And I do stupid stuff like that all the time! I'm really sorry that happened, but agree with others that you should call the airport. There might actually be a good person out there who turned them in!

I do the same thing and then freak out like crazy! I once went to a tanning salon and took them off when applying the lotion, then afterwards I left and went home. It wasnt until I got into my house that I noticed a bare finger and freaked. :o I think I never drove so fast back to that place. Luckily the girls there found my engagement & wedding ring and held them for me on the side.

I keep taking them off when I lotion or wash my hands that my husband keeps checking my left hand everytime I exit a public restroom :blush: to remind me to go back in for what I left. Its horrible to have alzheimers at such an early age.

I totally understand what you are going through, because those rings are irreplacable.

(F)

12140.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh, god, I can completely relate. A few weeks ago I cleaned all my good jewelry including my wedding and engagement rings. Afterwards I put them in a paper towel to dry and then put the towel up high so the cat couldn't get it. Well, the cat didn't get it, but the husband thought it was all trash and put it in the trash can! Fortunately I figured it out before we took the trash out. But I still had to paw through all the garbage from the day before, yick.

Try not to bash yourself too much and definitely check with the airline.

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...