moosestang

i called my congressman

34 posts in this topic

It never hurts, no matter what the position is to receive better treatment.

It hurts because if an August filer can "jump to the front of the line," then resources that could have been spent on an April/May filer's case now got diverted to a selfish filer who doesn't want to wait.

The most "fair" scenario would mean that everybody waits their turn. That would bring us as close to "first come, first served" as possible. This randomness isn't fair, and people who are lucky enough to speed their process up only makes it worse.

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

depends on the congress rep you have. Our reps in this state are against men filing for visas for foreign fiances.

I called my congressman on monday the 17th of DEC and i recvied a e mail to the 21st of DEC that

i was approved. I guess because they had to dig it out of the pile they just though to process while they had it in there hands. What ever the reason why im glad they did it took 128 day in vermont. GHood luck to everyone else on there journey. :dance::thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Think about how much extra time it takes to specially process one application in a case like this. They have to locate the storage box, dig out the file and then begin processing. Considering processing only takes as little as 10-15min once they look at the file, you could be taking twice as much time as if you just waited in line.

This costs everyone in line more time because USCIS could have spent the man hours approving another petition instead of locating this single petition.

I don't think it was nescicary to call your congressman yet. Leave it for those who really need it, like April, May and June filers.

Good point... :thumbs:

I don't think so.

Just because ones are within the time frame doesn't mean you HAVE to accept everything they want you too like a mule.

Six months is too much and it's not fair, if there's no complain it's less likely that the kind of service will ever get better but more likely worst.

It never hurts, no matter what the position is to receive better treatment.

- Well done "moosestang" - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Vanessa

Together - Forever!!

============================

Knew eachother in August 2005

First trip in January 2007

Second trip in July 2007

Tried F1 student visa in August 2007, denied

Engaged in September 2007, WOW

Third trip in January 2008

K1 visa approved in July 2008

Fourth trip in July 2008

Arrived in the U.S. in August 2008

Parents visited U.S. in October 2008

Looking forward to visit China in July, 2009

----------------------------------------------

September 24th, 2007 - Sent Petition to CSC

November 7th, 2007 - Issued NOA1

November 13th, 2007 - Received NOA1 hardcopy in hand (48 days)

February 13th, 2008 - Issued NOA2

February 16th, 2008 - Received NOA2 hardcopy in hand (143 days)

February 29th, 2008 - NVC mailed our Petition to GUZ

April 22nd, 2008 - GUZ received our Petition

May 9th, 2008 - Received P3 from GUZ (226 days)

June 7th, 2008 - Received P4 from GUZ

July 3rd, 2008 - Seal the Medical Packet in Shanghai

July 7th, 2008 - INTERVIEW DATE!!! (285 days) PASS

July 9th, 2008 - Visa in Hand

August 1st, 2008 - Entry to the US, TOGETHER AT LAST!

October 3rd, 2008 - Our Wedding Day

October 31, 2008 - Sent Adjustment of Status documents

December 5, 2008 - Biometrics appointment

January 13, 2009 - Travel Document approved

January 21, 2009 - Employment Authorization approved

April 23, 2009 - Green Card approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

yep, I'm with you on that... if it had no impact on anyone else, then I would say go ahead and call your congressman as soon as you want... but as it probably does, even in the relatively minor way that Brian describes above, then I think waiting is the only right way to go about things

and as for 'accepting things like a mule' - how broadly can this be applied? would you say that illegal immigrants are simply those who have decided not to 'accept everything like a mule' and are just taking action to improve their life? they may well be, but that doesn't make it right either

(and no, I'm not saying the two things are equal, just using an example that we'll all identify with ;) )

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
yep, I'm with you on that... if it had no impact on anyone else, then I would say go ahead and call your congressman as soon as you want... but as it probably does, even in the relatively minor way that Brian describes above, then I think waiting is the only right way to go about things

and as for 'accepting things like a mule' - how broadly can this be applied? would you say that illegal immigrants are simply those who have decided not to 'accept everything like a mule' and are just taking action to improve their life? they may well be, but that doesn't make it right either

(and no, I'm not saying the two things are equal, just using an example that we'll all identify with ;) )

well i quess im the bad guy. all i did was call and asked them to make sure it was not lost misplaced fell threw the crack i did think they would process it right then and then.i even told my congressman that it was not over do and he said that he would still call and check on it for me. some congressman just care about the people the repersent more then others i quess.all i can say is try and maybe u too could have the same result.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

well i quess im the bad guy. all i did was call and asked them to make sure it was not lost misplaced fell threw the crack i did think they would process it right then and then.i even told my congressman that it was not over do and he said that he would still call and check on it for me. some congressman just care about the people the repersent more then others i quess.all i can say is try and maybe u too could have the same result.

NO!Moosetang..there is No bad guy..you just did the right thing and besides, i look on your timeline, it took 129 days on your approval..i think that is reasonable time waiting on your approval..that's why we call this site VJ-VISA JOURNEY- we don't know when and how we travel..all i know is everybody will get there.just have to wait and be patience..anyway, congrats on your approval..keep updated so everybody can benefit!

AOS Process:

Mar. 11, 2008- ARRIVED US

Mar. 12, 2008- got married

00-00-0000-Temple wedding-Mormon church

Mar.13, 2008-completed vaccinations-I693A supplement from CS

Mar. 18, 2008- sent the AOS package(I-485 and EAD)..applied for SSN..

Mar.19, 2008-Delivered. signed for by V Bustamante-took and passed written driving test

Mar.25, 2008-Check cashed-Received SSN

Mar.27,2008-Received NOA's in mail-Case available online

Mar.28, 2008-Received Biometrics appointment in mail-04/08/08

Apr.08,2008-Biometrics DONE

Apr.08-09,2008-TOUCHED

Apr.14,2008-Transfer Notice date to California(I-485)

Apr.17,2008-Received Notice in the mail about the transfer

Apr.20 and 22,2008-I-485 TOUCHED..No touch on EAD

Apr.24, 2008-Received AR driver license

May 07, 08, 09, 12, 13, 2008- I-485 TOUCHED..

May 16, 2008- I-765 Card production ordered -1st email

May 19, 2008- I-485 TOUCHED

May 21, 2008-I-765 Card production ordered-2nd email

May 22, 2008- I-765 TOUCHED

May 23, 2008-I765 Approval notice sent-3rd email

May 24, 2008- EAD in hand

May 28, 2008-AOS Card production ordered..yehey!!!got another email saying "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

May 29, 2008-AOS TOUCHED

June 03, 2008- Green Card in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

The part responsible for things taking impact on others or not, is not the petitioner asking for better service. It could never be! but the government dept. responsible for such job.

Me as a person who believe and trying to do things legally, do not believe and do not support illegals or their ideals.

So NO IT CAN NOT APPLIED that broadly. ever.

Since like you said the two things are not equal, it can't even be compared.... someone asking for a legal service and fighting for better service to an illegal. It doesn't even make sense to me.

Conditions lifted 10 yr GC in hands since Feb. 2011!

...onto researching and studying to become a U.S Citizen.

Click here for our complete timeline

6Dqdm4.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The part responsible for things taking impact on others or not, is not the petitioner asking for better service. It could never be! but the government dept. responsible for such job.

Me as a person who believe and trying to do things legally, do not believe and do not support illegals or their ideals.

So NO IT CAN NOT APPLIED that broadly. ever.

Since like you said the two things are not equal, it can't even be compared.... someone asking for a legal service and fighting for better service to an illegal. It doesn't even make sense to me.

I believe that someone should have to pass a 4th grade language exam before they immigrate to the U.S. But that obviously didn't stop you.

You cannot force your beliefs on someone else. Moosestang did the right thing, CONGRATULATIONS! :thumbs:

These people are not illegal immigrants... they are doing things the LEGAL way, and should be treated as so.

Moosestang should not be given ####### because he found a way for his application to be processed.

K1 Timeline

March 2006- Met on my Spring Break, started emailing/calling each other daily.

June 2006-Started dating.

December 2007- Started getting papers ready for K-1.

December 23rd, 2007-- OFFICIALLY ENGAGED!!

Late December- Mailed all of paperwork off to lawyer.

January 1st, 2008- Attorney mailed off first package.

January 16, 2008- Received package back because check was from Canadian account.

Mailed correct check immediately.

January 29th, 2008- CSC received package.

February 8th, 2008- Received our NAO1

June 5th, 2008- Received our NAO2 via email!!! yay

August 27th, 2008- Interview- APPROVED!!

October 11th, 2008- POE Blaine: Moving for GOOD!!!

AOS Timeline

November 3rd, 2008- AOS Packet received in Chicago

November 12th, 2008- Check cashed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

I am asking all to forgive my ranting in advance. I'm trying to be calm about this, but I am missing the love of my life, just like alot of us are, it's christmas time, when we should be spending it with those we love and care about. Peter and I have not even reached our 6 months yet, but yes one more month and we are there. It is very stressful for everyone on VJ, and we can either be part of the problem or part of the solution as I see it. We have watched people all around our filing date approved, we're waiting patiently, and missing each other. We have watched August filiers get approved while May and June are still waiting.

You called your congressman because you were impatient, or worried that your application would get lost and sit on an adjucators desk. Did you happen to mention to them, Oh by the way, I know I haven't reached my 6 months yet, but I have read alot about these people that have, and they have been waiting since May or June? I would really like it if you would ask them to make sure that the new employee's are given the backlog before they start on the boxes that have August or September in them? That would have been the right thing to do, then you could have ensured that maybe things could be fixed, and the proper order would resume as it should.

I don't think you calling your congressman, was the reason you were approved so quickly because we all know already they are working out of order. I do think maybe you calling your congressman would have been beneficial to everyone had the above been done. I can't say the thought hasn't crossed my mind to call mine, I've also thought about calling some invetigative reporters on television shows, to address the issue. The problem with just me calling is just that, one person calling will not make a big difference, but if we are all calling with the same information, the same requests, to look at the processing times out of order, not at our specific case if we are within the time limit, then I believe they will have to address the issue. I want to do this because I don't want them going out of order, VSC already knows they are doing it, but what I see is that they are not fixing it. The system is broken, they rose the fee's, they knew there would be a mass quantity of applications arriving before the fee's changed. They had ample time to address those issues prior to the fee being raised, and they didn't. Thus we now have backlogs, applications lost, applications that were sent by one center to another, to be lost, then found, then sent to a different center.

It's a catch 22, but maybe if we actually start doing this, all of us, not for our own personal cases, but simply for the reason of telling the gov't that yes, we are going by the rules, but they aren't. It's broke, they know, and they aren't going to fix it unless some heat is really put on them. Calling one at a time for our own case, only makes them look at our case, and make those STILL waiting, wait even longer. We need to have them look at the numbers that are being processed out of order, make sure they pull those boxes and give them the backlogs that are currently sitting on desks. Then and only then, do I think we have a chance at making a difference. (Not everyone who files a K1 is on VJ, although they should be) So just imagine the numbers that really are being processed out of order, imagine the number of May and June filiers who are still waiting.

I'm happy that you got approved BUT I have to say it hurts, it hurts alot when we watch how they are going out of order, and while you are fortunate that it happened, it really should have been an approval for a May or June filier.

In the meantime, I will be happy for anyone that is approved, it is what each of us wants, and it is not from our making that it is going out of order, but please don't call your congressman and ask them to look at your case unless you have passed the 6 month time frame, because in the big picture it hurts all of us.

C.

Our Visa Journey

July 27, 2007: Sent I129f to Texas Service Center

July 28, 2007: TSC received, and forwarded application to VSC

August 21, 2007: NOA1 Issued (an entire months delay)

November 14, 2007: Touched (after calling VSC for correction of spelling of last name on application)

November 15, 2007: Touched

December 31, 2007: APPROVED!!! 157 days!

January 1, 2008: Touched

January 2, 2008: Touched

January 3, 2008: Touched

January 3, 2008: NVC Received from USCIS

January 8, 2008: NVC sent to Embassy in Copenhagen

January 10, 2008 Embassy receives packet from NVC

January 19, 2008 Received packet in Tx for Peter

January 21, 2008 Overnighted packet to Peter

January 29, 2008 Medical

February 21, 2008 Interview

February 29, 2008 Email received that Visa is being mailed today!

March 8, 2008 Peter arrives in Houston

March 29, 2008 Our Wedding Day!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I'm happy that you got approved BUT I have to say it hurts, it hurts alot when we watch how they are going out of order, and while you are fortunate that it happened, it really should have been an approval for a May or June filier.

In the meantime, I will be happy for anyone that is approved, it is what each of us wants, and it is not from our making that it is going out of order, but please don't call your congressman and ask them to look at your case unless you have passed the 6 month time frame, because in the big picture it hurts all of us.

C.

Well said!

I am still waiting myself, nearly 7 months; the processing out of order, especially over such a wide range of dates, couldn't be more unfair. All of us are just desperate for some hope that we will get ours soon, its hard to know how to react or what to do while the days pass by.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Enough drama @ those who are resentful and jealous of the poor girl...... LET US BE HAPPY FOR THOSE WHO GET APPROVED.... JEALOUSY WON'T GET YOUR SO HERE ANY QUICKER!! ;)

peace and one love

.... and Congrats Moose!!!! :thumbs: Pay no mind to the haters... they are jealous.... maybe they should call their congressman too!!! :thumbs:

March 1 2007: Began taking an interest in each other online

June 25-July 10 2007: Met Lucky in Person for 1st Time and Stayed Together in Ghana with my father and son!

I-129F Sent : 7/25/07

I-129F NOA1 : 8/1/07

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 12/7/07!!!! Yay!!!! :D

NVC Received : 12/14/07

NVC Left : 12/17/07

Consulate Received : 12/17/07

Packet 3 Received : 2/21/08

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2/21/08

Interview Date : 6/16/08

Visa Received :6/27/08

US Entry : 6/29/08

Marriage :6/29/08 by my pastor father before God

Public expensive marriage: 7/26/08 :)

Pregnant: 7/30/08

Found out It's a GIRL: 11/17/08

Baby Shakaya's Due Date: 4/22/09

e9969b19285f01d1a725be2d554c7787.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Some states have congressmen and senators that help and some states have horrible ones!!!!

That should not mean that we lose our FREEDOM as individuals to ask for assistance for those in place in our government specifically for things we need assistance with such as immigration like this!!!!

I am in support of ANYONE contacting their senators, congressman or anyone else to get their SO to them faster.......... if we all do it, we should all get them here faster!!! Don't be upset or angry at those who take the time and energy to ask for assistance from their senators or congressman just because you didn't!!!!

Let's just keep it real.... this process sucks for EVERYONE..... but life is not always fair and if we are bitter towards those who ask for extra help ... and then get it... that does not make us any better of a person just because we choose to sit back and WAIT til our case is called upon in the natural order of things................

To each his/her own..... it's our perogative if we choose to contact those in power for our case and it's your same right!!!

If you want help too, then you should consider calling your senator!!! ;)

~Peace~

March 1 2007: Began taking an interest in each other online

June 25-July 10 2007: Met Lucky in Person for 1st Time and Stayed Together in Ghana with my father and son!

I-129F Sent : 7/25/07

I-129F NOA1 : 8/1/07

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 12/7/07!!!! Yay!!!! :D

NVC Received : 12/14/07

NVC Left : 12/17/07

Consulate Received : 12/17/07

Packet 3 Received : 2/21/08

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2/21/08

Interview Date : 6/16/08

Visa Received :6/27/08

US Entry : 6/29/08

Marriage :6/29/08 by my pastor father before God

Public expensive marriage: 7/26/08 :)

Pregnant: 7/30/08

Found out It's a GIRL: 11/17/08

Baby Shakaya's Due Date: 4/22/09

e9969b19285f01d1a725be2d554c7787.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Everyone call your congressmen and don't worry what others have to say for crying out loud..........

You have to look out for Number 1 (You) because no one else will...............

Good Luck to all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Everyone call your congressmen and don't worry what others have to say for crying out loud..........

You have to look out for Number 1 (You) because no one else will...............

Good Luck to all.

Agreed. The First Amendment of the U.S. Bill of Rights gives us the right to petition our government for redress of grievances. Si, man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

This thread inspired me. I just wrote a letter to both my state senators and my congressman. Nor sure if it will help, but if it does then good. I cant understand people just sitting there and doing nothing but complaining about how long this process takes. I read in another thread that someones congressman/ senator wrote to them saying that the uSICS is the worst government agency and it would take a congressional inquiry or somethign to change it. Well if that what it will take then I say everyone one of us who is disgusted with this process should write or call our governement officals to, if nothign else, shed some light on how backwards this process is. If we all just sit back and take it then nothing will ever been done about it!

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : South Africa

I-129F Sent : 2007-09-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-19

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-02-11

NVC Received :

NVC Left : 2008-02-25

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-03-25

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-04-16

Packet 4 Received : 2008-04-25

Interview Date : 2008-05-29

Arrived in U.S.A (POE Detroit, MI): 6/11/08

Married: 8/8/08

AOS

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 9/11/08

Package Delievered by USPS: 9/13/08

Check Cashed according to Online Banking: 9/19/2008

Recieved NOA's for I-485, I-131, and I-765: 9/22/08

Biometrics Appt: 10/14/08

I-765 and I-485 Touched: 10/14/08

Changed Address Online: 12/5/08

Changed Address Over Phone: 12/5/08

Sent in AR-11 and I-865: 12/9/08

CRIS Email on I-131 Approval Notice Sent: 12/10/08

CRIS Email on I-765 Card Production Ordered: 12/10/08

I-485 Touched: 12/10/08

AP Recieved: 12/15/08

EAD Recieved: 12/19/08

Interview Letter Recieved: 2/12/09

Interview Date: 4/6/09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.