Captain Ewok

FAQs: Forms I-693 and DS-3025

458 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here's an easy , sure-fire solution for getting a personal copy of the pre visa Medical Report for your own files, in case the USCIS or anyone else loses it:

When the Package is delivered to you after the successful Embassy Interview, Before you depart for your POE, Open the brown sealed envelope and make copies of everything in there. Then call the embassy to schedule a visit to have the package "resealed". After getting it resealed, you are good to go for your trip to the US and your POE.

Controversial??? Maybe...Effective??? Absolutely! It's time that we protect ourselves from the incompetencies of the USCIS, DOS and DHS!

Warm Regards,

Samby

Edited by TinTin and Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Filed: Timeline
Here's an easy , sure-fire solution for getting a personal copy of the pre visa Medical Report for your own files, in case the USCIS or anyone else loses it:

When the Package is delivered to you after the successful Embassy Interview, Before you depart for your POE, Open the brown sealed envelope and make copies of everything in there. Then call the embassy to schedule a visit to have the package "resealed". After getting it resealed, you are good to go for your trip to the US and your POE.

Controversial??? Maybe...Effective??? Absolutely! It's time that we protect ourselves from the incompetencies of the USCIS, DOS and DHS!

Warm Regards,

Samby

:lol: I like your style, Samby. Unfortunately, for most people, the cost of re-visiting the consulate/embassy would be far greater than a new medical here in the U.S.

iagree.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,pls would appreciate if anyone can give me the best info and how to handle vaccination with respect to AOS.

I did my medicals in Uk and the vaccines i had were MMR and TD.I had chickenpox in the past and the doctor noted it.I have been going through various post in the AOS forum and i am not very clear on how i should handle the vaccination issue.

I never had the TB skin test though had Chest x-ray and have noticed a few making reference to TB skin test.I also was not given Hepatitis B vaccine even though i had the complete dose some years back but no document to show that.I also noticed that some did not contact any civil surgeon,they only submitted the vaccination sheet from the panel physician.

So based on the vaccines i had --mmr & Td. What would be my best line of action?

Thanks for your help.

Thank you to 'darkhorse' for the link to this information:

USCIS Application Procedures: Becoming a Permanent Resident

I don't understand how that link relates to the requirements for an I-693A.

K-1 Visa Process.

===========

See my timeline

AOS Process

========

01/23/08 - AOS Package mailed to Chicago Lockbox

01/25/08 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765 and I-131

02/15/08 - Biometrics for I-485 and I-765

02/18/08 - I-485 transferred to CSC

02/21/08 - I-485 & I-765 touched

03/11/08 - I-131 approved

03/18/08 - I-765 approved

03/19/08 - EAD arrives

03/20/08 - AP arrives

03/27/08 - I-485 touched

04/11/08 - I-485 touched (case received at CSC)

04/13/08 - I-485 touched

06/07/08 - I-551 Card production ordered

06/13/08 - Welcome Letter arrives

06/16/08 - I-551 Card arrives

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this doctor's phone number are still the ones posted at the beginning of this thread? Thanks.

Updating Dr Arnold's address per this post.

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 114

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

Are these his current phone numbers? Thanks.

Pat's Husband

K-1 visa

Bogotá, Colombia

Interview Date :............2008-05-15, VISA APPROVED

Visa Received :.............2008-05-20

U.S.A.

POE Date :..................2008-08-30 Saturday, Miami FL (awful - more than 5 hours)

Wedding Date : .............2008-09-11 Thursday

AOS:

Interview Appt:.............2009-02-05

GC approved:................2009-02-05

GC arrived:.................2009-02-17 (END)

GC expires:.................2011-02-05**

Removing of conditions (ROC):

ROC will be filed with:.....CSC

ROC filing date:............2010-11-13 (ACTUAL SENDING DATE, SATURDAY)

ROC filing received by CSC..2010-11-15 (CONFIRMED VIA EMAIL)

ROC check cashed by CSC.....2010-11-17

ROC NOA date received:......2010-11-20

ROC NOA date printed:.......2010-11-15

ROC RFE dates(if any):......(none so far)

ROC Bio Appt Date(if any):..2010-12-22

ROC Interview Date(if any):.None

ROC GC approved Date:.......2011-02-16

ROC GC received Date:.......2011-02-22 (END)

I just called Dr Arnold. The lady wanted me to send copy of documents. On form DS 3025, i only have 2 vaccination MMR and TD. and Varicell was dont by after gettign visa as per doctor suggestion. So i have 3 vaccination record( MMR, TD and Varicell) on vaccination card? So can i send copy of the vaccination card which have all 3 vaccinations?

And on the supp. form i should include my name as in card or should i inlude married name?

I also have Hepatits B, vaccination documents which i have done beofre my K1, the doctors said it is not necessay at time of K1, so i didnt submit by that time. Should i send to Dr Arnold now??

You should send copy of the vaccination card.

On the supplement form, you should put the exact same name that you will use on all your paperwork. As your married name is different than the name on your vaccination card, a copy of your marriage certificate should be sent along.

You should submit everything you have, vaccination wise. Then they will do the necessary.

My advice is based on my own experience, so i may be wrong. Call them and ask.

I wonder if all of this with Dr Arnold is legal, for another poster who went to his fiancee's AOS interview and got raised eyebrows from the immigration officer conducting the interview since this interview took place in San Francisco y Dr Arnold is in Texas.

By the way, I'd like to find the actual USCIS document where it is described that a full examination is not requiered for the applicant provided that a medical examination occurred no more that 1 year prior to the date of the application since I would like to take such document with me to any doctor in San Francisco telling me that my fiancee needs a new full medical exam.

I don't want to happen what happened to that other poster from San Francisco, but I don't want to pay $300 for an unnecessary full medical exam when my fiancee's time comes.

Thanks.

Pat's Husband

K-1 visa

Bogotá, Colombia

U.S.A.

POE Date :..................2008-08-30 Saturday, Miami FL (awful - more than 5 hours)

AOS:

I just called Dr Arnold. The lady wanted me to send copy of documents. On form DS 3025, i only have 2 vaccination MMR and TD. and Varicell was dont by after gettign visa as per doctor suggestion. So i have 3 vaccination record( MMR, TD and Varicell) on vaccination card? So can i send copy of the vaccination card which have all 3 vaccinations?

And on the supp. form i should include my name as in card or should i inlude married name?

I also have Hepatits B, vaccination documents which i have done beofre my K1, the doctors said it is not necessay at time of K1, so i didnt submit by that time. Should i send to Dr Arnold now??

You should send copy of the vaccination card.

On the supplement form, you should put the exact same name that you will use on all your paperwork. As your married name is different than the name on your vaccination card, a copy of your marriage certificate should be sent along.

You should submit everything you have, vaccination wise. Then they will do the necessary.

My advice is based on my own experience, so i may be wrong. Call them and ask.

I wonder if all of this with Dr Arnold is legal, for another poster who went to his fiancee's AOS interview and had her I-693a done by Dr Arnold, and then got raised eyebrows from the immigration officer conducting the interview since this interview took place in San Francisco y Dr Arnold is in Texas. They explained what happened that most doctors nearby wanted a full medical exam which is not required and that this other doctor did her I-693a even though he never saw her in person. In the end, there was no problem.

By the way, I'd like to find the actual USCIS document where it is described that a full examination is not required for the applicant provided that a medical examination occurred no more that 1 year prior to the date of the application since I would like to take such document with me to any doctor in San Francisco telling me that my fiancee needs a new full medical exam.

I don't want to happen what happened to that other poster from San Francisco, but I don't want to pay $300 for an unnecessary full medical exam when my fiancee's time comes.

Thanks.

Pat's Husband

K-1 visa

Bogotá, Colombia

U.S.A.

AOS:

Filed: Timeline
I wonder if all of this with Dr Arnold is legal, for another poster who went to his fiancee's AOS interview and had her I-693a done by Dr Arnold, and then got raised eyebrows from the immigration officer conducting the interview since this interview took place in San Francisco y Dr Arnold is in Texas. They explained what happened that most doctors nearby wanted a full medical exam which is not required and that this other doctor did her I-693a even though he never saw her in person. In the end, there was no problem.

Of course it's legal. Dr Arnold is a registered US Civil Surgeon. How could it not be legal?

By the way, I'd like to find the actual USCIS document where it is described that a full examination is not required for the applicant provided that a medical examination occurred no more that 1 year prior to the date of the application since I would like to take such document with me to any doctor in San Francisco telling me that my fiancee needs a new full medical exam.

If you had done your research and read the I-485 USCIS Instructions you will find what you are looking for on Page 4, Point 8:

8. Fiancé(e)s.

If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report.

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Another reason for a medical RFE.... you are required to have a TB skin test, not just the X-RAY test done in other countries. We got an RFE because of this, so make sure to send the results of a skin TB test if you have not done so already.

Hi there:

How much is the cost for TB skin test (including blood test)? I asked this one Dr. in New Mexico, he said $225.

11-16-12: Sent I-130 for Dad.
11-19-12: Priority date/rec'd date.
02-06-13: Case approved, NOA2.
02-19-13: NVC received case.
03-08-13: Case # assigned--HCM2013******.
03-09-13: Paid AOS Fee $88.00.
03-09-13: Emailed DS-3032 from Beneficiary's email address.
03-13-13: AOS Fee showed as PAID & sent AOS package certified mail.
03-18-13: AOS package delivered @ 10:50 A.M.
03-18-13: DS-3032 accepted.
03-20-13: IV Bill Invoice.
03-21-13: Paid IV Fee $230.00.
03-23-13: IV Fee showed as PAID.
04-23-13: Sent IV package certified mail.
04-26-13: IV package delivered @ 11:13 A.M.

05-08-13: Case completed @ NVC per telephone call.

05-15-15: Case completed per email from NVC.

06-07-13: Rec'd email from NVC RE: interview date. (letter dated 06-05-13).

07-18-13: Interview date-- PASSED.

Quick question: The number one item on our list of items to bring for my husbands AOS interview (adjusting from K-1) is his I-693 medical exam in a sealed envelope. He, like everyone else, gave this to the IO when he arrived in the country last year.

Is this just a generic request that they ask everyone, or have they lost his medical exam? Should we bring something to the interview? I don't want to waste more money, but I also don't want to delay his approval.

Thank you. :)

I-129F

10/23/2006 - I-129F approved (97 days from CSC)

AOS

03/03/2007 - Married!

03/14/2007 - I-485 + I-765 sent

03/21/2007 - NOA1, Checks cashed

06/01/2007 - EAD card production e-mail received (74 days)

07/27/2007 - EAD RECEIVED (57 days after approval)

11/29/2007 - Infopass appointment - file was sent to a storage facility before it was finished processing.

05/28/2008 - Received AOS Interview notice

07/10/2008 - AOS Interview-APPROVED pending fingerprints

09/22/2008 - GREEN CARD IN HAND!

Removing Conditions

06/04/2010 - Sent I-751

06/07/2010 - NOA1

06/09/2010 - Check cashed

07/22/2010 - Biometrics Appointment

09/08/2010 - Card production e-mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.