50 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
23 minutes ago, geowrian said:

To clarify...

You only need 1 qualifying joint sponsor. You cannot combine incomes or assets across sponsors.

I think you are referring to a household member agreement with a sponsor via an I-864A. This allows the household member to have their income/assets included with the sponsor's (primary or joint) income/assets. That said, there are a number of restrictions on an I-864A as well - namely it must be a qualified relative (spouse, sibling, son/daughter, or parent) living in the same residence as the sponsor (which is different than a household member, which may or may not live in the same residence).

Yes, that's what I meant, sorry for the confusion. In our case, our lawyer prepared the actual sponsorship forms, so while I knew it is possible to have a joint sponsor include income from their household as we had to ask his parents/make sure they met requirements, I was missing the I-864A part. Thank you for correcting and clarifying! :)

(He makes almost $26,000 a year and the guidelines ask for $20,500). Is this 20,500 gross or net income in minimum income guideline. I mean when you file taxes there's a gross amount how much you make and after deduction what's left is basically what you pay tax on?

I haven't come across this situation yet but probably I will in later months. I made $48,800 and after deduction it was $14,440. So my question is USCIS looks for how much I made in a year or how much was left? I would appreciate some expert views on this one.

Thanks in Advance

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
9 hours ago, NikLR said:

I actually suggest that you send a NEW I-864 with updated evidence.  Since his current income has changed (please do the math yourselves... ).  Your attorney isn't exactly straightforward with you unless you're misunderstanding. 

We spoke to pur attourney again today, she wasn’t even planning on filling out a new I-864 because she said it was “the correct one at the time” theres a newer edition from 03/06/2018 and the one she filed was from 2015 I believe... i also let her know that he makes more money now than before so filling out a new one will only help out as the annual income will be way more. She also messed up on my nationality in the I-864 saying USA on there... she said thats not an issue as they didn’t say anything about that.. we are running out of time as the deadline is getting very close and we don’t know what to do

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
36 minutes ago, NikLR said:

:huh: @ your lawyer

I know... i told her we would like her to use the current form and correct any mistakes and I really hope she will do that. This does get me a little worried about how well the cover letter will be written. The dead line is in 3 weeks and it sill hasn’t been sent out, its been 2 months since we received the RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.