13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello, 

I was hoping someone could help me with this question. My husband needs to apply for naturalization. It is based on our marriage as I am a US Citizen. One of the pieces of evidence we have of our relationship is our bank statements as we have a joint account. My question is do we really have to include every single bank statement from when we opened the account or can I just include a bank statement from every six months or something from when we opened our account until now? My concern is how much paper that will be and that it will be hard to fit it. The second part of this question is if we do need to in fact include every single bank statement, then is it okay to send our packet in a box? Because it will not fit in the usual envelope at that point. I feel like USCIS is a bit picky with how things are sent to them so I want to make sure sending the packet in a box if need be won't be problematic or something.

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 minutes ago, bzabelina said:

Hello, 

I was hoping someone could help me with this question. My husband needs to apply for naturalization. It is based on our marriage as I am a US Citizen. One of the pieces of evidence we have of our relationship is our bank statements as we have a joint account. My question is do we really have to include every single bank statement from when we opened the account or can I just include a bank statement from every six months or something from when we opened our account until now? My concern is how much paper that will be and that it will be hard to fit it. The second part of this question is if we do need to in fact include every single bank statement, then is it okay to send our packet in a box? Because it will not fit in the usual envelope at that point. I feel like USCIS is a bit picky with how things are sent to them so I want to make sure sending the packet in a box if need be won't be problematic or something.

Thank you!

Where does it say that you must provide EVERY month?  I don't think the issue here is that the USCIS is being "picky". 

YMMV

Timeline

Thank you, the reason I'm asking is because when we were applying to remove the conditions on the temporary green card, we got a RFE and ended up having to provide every bank statement which resulted in us getting approved

On 4/15/2018 at 10:19 AM, Hattivatti said:

Bank actually provided us a statement from them stating we've maintained and regularly equally used the joint account. It stated when it was opens and that the account was still on daily use. 

They said it's commmon thing for them to provide for immigrant filings to reduce the amount of paper filed in.

This is awesome! I had no idea that a bank would do that.... would've saved a lot of people a lot of worry, time and money (for printing and mailing)!

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

6 hours ago, nightingalejules said:

This is awesome! I had no idea that a bank would do that.... would've saved a lot of people a lot of worry, time and money (for printing and mailing)!

I'm sure not all banks do. But I'd recommend contacting the bank, explaining need evidence of the joint account/assets for the immigration purpose, and you just might get lucky.

If your bank doesn't offer that kind of service, then most commonly people grab a page of the bank statements once or twice a year and provide those.

Hi everyone!

I am in the middle of filing N400.

I have a question regarding the "Have you ever been arrested,....., including traffic violations?"

I was involved in a hit-and-run incident in 2016, I was though never arrested, I appeared in Court with my attorney and the case was dismissed due to lack of witness/evidence. All charges were dropped and nothing showed on my record.

Should I answer Yes or No to the referenced question?

I also have 2 or 3 speeding tickets.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by moonsky

On 4/15/2018 at 1:19 PM, Hattivatti said:

Bank actually provided us a statement from them stating we've maintained and regularly equally used the joint account. It stated when it was opens and that the account was still on daily use. 

They said it's commmon thing for them to provide for immigrant filings to reduce the amount of paper filed in.

Can I ask what bank gave you the letter? Do you know if I can go directly to their office and request a letter from them? Thanks..

Filed: Other Timeline

You seem to be confusing Removal of Conditions, an act of immigration, with naturalization.

Your husband is done with immigration. All he needs in regard to documents when it comes to naturalization, and even that only as a backup, is your jointly filed income tax returns. No bank statements are needed, no library card, no letter form your pastor. If you go with him to the appointment, and sit next to him when the I.O. calls him in to the interview, you need pretty much nothing

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 4/17/2018 at 2:20 PM, moonsky said:

Hi everyone!

I am in the middle of filing N400.

I have a question regarding the "Have you ever been arrested,....., including traffic violations?"

I was involved in a hit-and-run incident in 2016, I was though never arrested, I appeared in Court with my attorney and the case was dismissed due to lack of witness/evidence. All charges were dropped and nothing showed on my record.

Should I answer Yes or No to the referenced question?

I also have 2 or 3 speeding tickets.

Thank you for your help.

The answer will definitely be YES - because you have been cited for all the incidents mentioned above.  Please do include dates for everything including speeding tickets just to be safe. Write a one paragraph letter of explanation for the hit and run incident that you mentioned here and attach documentation issued by the court indicating that case was dismissed. As far as speeding tickets, please attach proof of payment for each one of them. Honesty is your best policy here.

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

Timeline
On 4/17/2018 at 7:20 PM, Brother Hesekiel said:

You seem to be confusing Removal of Conditions, an act of immigration, with naturalization.

Your husband is done with immigration. All he needs in regard to documents when it comes to naturalization, and even that only as a backup, is your jointly filed income tax returns. No bank statements are needed, no library card, no letter form your pastor. If you go with him to the appointment, and sit next to him when the I.O. calls him in to the interview, you need pretty much nothing

Hi, thanks for this. But is this still true considering he hasn't be in the US for 5 years, but 3 years as this application is based on our marriage? Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 4/17/2018 at 7:20 PM, Brother Hesekiel said:

I have to disagree with that. My lawyers filed my N-400 under the 3 year rule (INA 319(a)). She added the following:

a) My wife's (USC) birth certificate and biographical page for her passport evidencing her US citizenship.  

b) Copy of the the divorce decree for her previous marriage. 

c) Copy of marriage register evidencing the marriage was more than 3 years ago

d) Photographs that collectively captures our shared experiences like spending time together, visiting friends and family,  taking trips together

e) 3 years of tax return transcript

f) Copies of driver license to show common address

g) Representative sample of joint bank account. I submitted 2 each for every year.

h) Copies of flight tickets, itinerary or other travel documents for all the trips we took together in last 3 years.

The idea is to present document that you are still together with your spouse if you are applying under 3 year rule. 

What I post here is merely my personal opinion and not a valid legal advice and should not be viewed as such.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 4/15/2018 at 11:08 AM, bzabelina said:

Hello, 

Thank you!

Representative sample of bank statements spanning the time since your removal of condition is enough.  I submitted for 2 months (June and December) for ever year (2014, 2015 and 2016) totaling six statements. I would look into applying online as well.

What I post here is merely my personal opinion and not a valid legal advice and should not be viewed as such.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.