Klitt3rJ

January 2017 I-129F Filers

5,589 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys hoping you can help. 

I know each country is different but it's good to get an idea. I am from England and went into my doctors to obtain my immunization records. I haven't received my noa2 yet but want to be prepared. 

The woman there was not too helpful and printed me off some internal screen shot showing them. The internal screen shot doesn't even have the name of the surgery on it that printed them. 

My question is what should it look like. The woman at the doctors said she wasn't too sure if there was much more information she could give and was not familiar with the requirement to have them for a visa.  

My worry is that I go to the medical with these internal screen shots and get told they are not sufficient as they need to be on headed paper or for some other reason . 

Does anyone know? Also if any other england applicants, how did you request them?

Thanks 

4 minutes ago, djhead said:

Hey guys hoping you can help. 

I know each country is different but it's good to get an idea. I am from England and went into my doctors to obtain my immunization records. I haven't received my noa2 yet but want to be prepared. 

The woman there was not too helpful and printed me off some internal screen shot showing them. The internal screen shot doesn't even have the name of the surgery on it that printed them. 

My question is what should it look like. The woman at the doctors said she wasn't too sure if there was much more information she could give and was not familiar with the requirement to have them for a visa.  

My worry is that I go to the medical with these internal screen shots and get told they are not sufficient as they need to be on headed paper or for some other reason . 

Does anyone know? Also if any other england applicants, how did you request them?

Thanks 

I also went to my local doctors and received my complete vaccination history within a couple of days,wasn't on headed paper though,but did have my NHS number written on the papers  ? Awaiting NOA2 also 

Edited by Gary JT

Timeline

Thanks for the response . Was it literally like internal notes stating on this date had measles vaccination? Do you think that would be sufficient for the medical?

Timeline

Also within a couple of days? I went in and she just printed it off on their system? That's why I am concerned it may not be enough.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I have another question mostly for the Canadian filers. In the packet 3 that we can find online, it says we will need marriage certificates. Does it mean we need to get the actual marriage certificate for the wedding way in advance? Or would it be from a prior marriage? I have not received my NOA2, but I am trying to get all documents ready so it can go fast once everything is ready to go.

(https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf)

Also, as I am in the French portion of Canada mot of my documents are in french. Do I need an english translation, or would the US consulate in Montreal be able to take my documents in french, given that they are both the recognized languages in Canada? 

Thank you,

PR

Edited by PR&PR

01/05/17    I-129F mailed to CSC
01/10/17    i-129F received date

05/10/17    NOA2 approved

05/31/17    NVC received

06/14/17    NVC assigned case number

06/16/17  NVC case number received (by phone)

06/16/17  NVC Left (online program)

06/19/17 Status updated to 'Ready'

06/19/17 Packet 3 sent

07/11/17 Packet 4 received

06/17/17 Letter received from Embassy

08/02/17  Interview Date (approved)

08/07/17 Visa ready for pick up

08/14/17 VISA IN HAND

08/14/17 POE Montreal (preclearance)/Minneapolis

09/08/17 MARRIED

09/12/17 Submitted I-485/I-765/I-131

09/15/17 Received date on the 3 NOA1

10/12/17 Biometrics appt.

10/27/17 Case ready to be scheduled for interview

12/13/17 Approval Notice date

12/21/17 Card in Hand

09/12/18 Mailed Submission for I-765/I-131 renewal

09/14/18 Case was rcvd

09/17/18 E-notification

10/25/18 Rcvd interview letter

11/28/18 Interview

12/15/18 Approved (Had to redo my physical or we would have been approved on the spot)

10 minutes ago, djhead said:

Thanks for the response . Was it literally like internal notes stating on this date had measles vaccination? Do you think that would be sufficient for the medical?

As far as I'm aware this will be suitable for your medical exam,also I'm planning on visiting my doctor in a month or so and have any vaccination boosters before medical as your doctor will do it for free I believe whereas Knightsbridge charge for each vaccination they give you,hope this helps you 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
21 minutes ago, PR&PR said:

Hello,

I have another question mostly for the Canadian filers. In the packet 3 that we can find online, it says we will need marriage certificates. Does it mean we need to get the actual marriage certificate for the wedding way in advance? Or would it be from a prior marriage? I have not received my NOA2, but I am trying to get all documents ready so it can go fast once everything is ready to go.

(https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf)

Also, as I am in the French portion of Canada mot of my documents are in french. Do I need an english translation, or would the US consulate in Montreal be able to take my documents in french, given that they are both the recognized languages in Canada? 

Thank you,

PR

Every single document has to be translated and attached with the original copy one when you send to US embassy.

Edited by Nghi T Pham

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Nghi T Pham said:

Every single document has to be translated and attached with the original copy one when you send to US embassy.

You mean in English? Not in the language of the country where the petition is being answered? 

01/05/17    I-129F mailed to CSC
01/10/17    i-129F received date

05/10/17    NOA2 approved

05/31/17    NVC received

06/14/17    NVC assigned case number

06/16/17  NVC case number received (by phone)

06/16/17  NVC Left (online program)

06/19/17 Status updated to 'Ready'

06/19/17 Packet 3 sent

07/11/17 Packet 4 received

06/17/17 Letter received from Embassy

08/02/17  Interview Date (approved)

08/07/17 Visa ready for pick up

08/14/17 VISA IN HAND

08/14/17 POE Montreal (preclearance)/Minneapolis

09/08/17 MARRIED

09/12/17 Submitted I-485/I-765/I-131

09/15/17 Received date on the 3 NOA1

10/12/17 Biometrics appt.

10/27/17 Case ready to be scheduled for interview

12/13/17 Approval Notice date

12/21/17 Card in Hand

09/12/18 Mailed Submission for I-765/I-131 renewal

09/14/18 Case was rcvd

09/17/18 E-notification

10/25/18 Rcvd interview letter

11/28/18 Interview

12/15/18 Approved (Had to redo my physical or we would have been approved on the spot)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
1 hour ago, djhead said:

Also within a couple of days? I went in and she just printed it off on their system? That's why I am concerned it may not be enough.

Hello, 

I'm from the UK too. Mine was just printed off for me also, it's got my NHS number on it and my name etc. Then just the dates that I got the vaccinations, so I think you will be fine! 

:wub: Immigration & Expat Blog Links :wub:

My Full K1 Fiance Visa Journey

January 2017 Filer

K1 Approved on the 30th of June 2017 (6.5 months in total, no RFEs).

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

EAD/AP Approved December 2017 (75 days, no RFEs)

AOS Approved 8/15 (no RFEs) 

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

homesickness & everyday life

Timeline

Ok cool thanks . Does anyone know what vaccinations are required? I know it doesn't have to be done prior to moving over but if I can arrange for my gp to do them now I will 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 minutes ago, djhead said:

Ok cool thanks . Does anyone know what vaccinations are required? I know it doesn't have to be done prior to moving over but if I can arrange for my gp to do them now I will 

Look here

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/vaccinations.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
5 hours ago, PR&PR said:

Hello,

Thank you,

PR

You can ask on the canadian forum, but i think there talking about previos mariges, if you have been married and devorced.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
5 hours ago, PR&PR said:

You mean in English? Not in the language of the country where the petition is being answered? 

Yes, all documents have to be in English

Timeline
6 hours ago, PR&PR said:

Hello,

Thank you,

PR

They are talking about past marriage certificates.  I asked this question in the canada thread, as I was married before and canada doesn't return your marriage certificate once you submit it for a divorce.  The consensus seemed to be it wasn't asked for, for those with past marriages, just the divorce certificate was needed.  I might still try and get mine, just incase, but it's a bit of a hassle since I had a destination wedding in Arizona.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.