dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Qabtawi said:

From my experience, no anxiety, no worry, no annticipation is more painful than waiting for the NVC's decision, because this is a decision that represents a critical turn in your family's life.   The pain of waiting is very strong, and lasts for a long time.  We finally got our case completed, we are still waiting for the interview email and the interview itself, and what could come out of it.... I am wondering about the wisdome and the reasoning behind making this process so long, so expensive and so painful..

Congratulations ! It is horrible. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Saheed said:

I called Nvc lastnighgt,though it actually took like 54 minutes before a guy picked up my call,then the guy said that he will request that our case to put on supervisor review.then I asked him for how long will it take for the supervisor review,then he said it will take another Six weeks.pls so I want to know if it will actually take another 6weeks again after when our case already spending up to 7weeks with NVC ?is there still any possibility of getting checklist after 7weeks at NVC?

I received a checklist after 9 weeks at NVC......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 minute ago, missileman said:

I received a checklist after 9 weeks at NVC......

Did you confirm your case complete via phone?  Curious to know if the AOS fee showing as paid may infer Case Complete plus Interview scheduled.

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Saheed said:

@missileman thanks but how long does it take for your case complete after checklist?

Good question.......I have read that the "6 weeks clock" starts again if the checklist requires submission of more information to the NVC, but I'm not sure.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

6 minutes ago, Saheed said:

@missileman thanks but how long does it take for your case complete after checklist?

If you receive a checklist, your countdown starts over. It can take 6 (or 9, or 12...) weeks 

Just now, missileman said:

Good question.......I have read that the "6 weeks clock" starts again if the checklist requires submission of more information to the NVC, but I'm not sure.  

Correct. The checklist resets the timer, so it can take 6 weeks (or 9, or 12...) for them to review whatever information you had to submit because of the checklist.

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

17 hours ago, missileman said:

Thanks.......By the way, I have found at least one post from late last year which said " Never had the N/A(s) - just paid. Our case is closed and at the consulate "

My cousin sponsored her parents and I was her agent. They were scheduled for interview and only had 2 N/As so I suppose the update to the system is not consistently applied. I agree for your situation it's best you call to confirm which is the case for folks with 3 N/As.

30 minutes ago, afortunada said:

If you receive a checklist, your countdown starts over. It can take 6 (or 9, or 12...) weeks 

Correct. The checklist resets the timer, so it can take 6 weeks (or 9, or 12...) for them to review whatever information you had to submit because of the checklist.

I can confirm. I received a checklist after waiting about 8 1/2 weeks, now we are on week 8 again for the checklist (the document we had to send in was one page).

If you get a checklist it is worth calling and just asking very clearly whether it is something that you can bring to the embassy. Most likely if you got the checklist the answer will be no, but I think it's good to ask. It doesn't matter how small or minor the checklist is, it resets the 6 week mark, as well as the supervisor review process so it can take up to another 12 weeks after the checklist even if you waited 12 weeks before.

One thing that has worried me was whether or not after your first checklist if it is possible to get another checklist about another issue. I've asked multiple times on the phone and they have all told me that our file was reviewed and it was only deficient in the one item that we were checklisted for. So I take that to mean that the only way we could end up with a second checklist is if there is a problem with what we sent in (which there won't be since it was an original copy of my wife's birth certificate that was mailed to us from the Registrar office, which is exactly what they wanted). I just got a little worried that after all this waiting then they will say there is a problem with our AOS or something. Would be annoying if they didn't look the first time but they have told me several times that they did and everything else is okay.

Okay.....I called NVC and after 54 minutes being on hold, I finally got a rep on the phone and he told me my wife's passport after reviewing it by a supervisor yesterday was expired... They couldn't find the extension on her passport because it's hand written and I understand it's very complicated. Of course I flipped :wub:.and I requested to speak to a supervisor immediately. He went and after 5 or 7 minutes came back to tell me he couldn't find a supervisor, I told him I won't get off the phone without speaking to a supervisor. He went to check on a supervisor again and came back to tell me he can request to have a supervisor to call me back. I got a little rude with him, I told him I will not get off the phone without speaking to a supervisor and I hope my English is clear enough to you with my accent. He went again for the third time and came back to transfer me to a supervisor. When I got the supervisor, it seemed he already was well aware of my case. I told him where to find the extension of the validity of my wife's passport and he was flipping pages like he was checking my case manually. At that point I knew things will be fine and he could even hear my smile :))))) Once I point out to him on the exact page he said  "Oh I see it now, is there anything else we were requesting?" I told him no just my wife's passport validity date. He said "Ok sir, your case is closed now" That's when I couldn't stop myself from screaming and thanking him for his effort to close it. He said the only thing you will be waiting for now is the appointment notice and everything is fine  :D:jest::dance:

I just checked again and YES three N/A :dance: God finally I'm done with NVC :D:jest::dance::dance: I can feel the freaking frustration that everyone of us has to go through with this NVC. God bless you all for all the things I learned from VJ and I can't wait for the interview appointment now :dance::jest:

2 minutes ago, M&Ms said:

I just checked again and YES three N/A :dance: God finally I'm done with NVC :D:jest::dance::dance: I can feel the freaking frustration that everyone of us has to go through with this NVC. God bless you all for all the things I learned from VJ and I can't wait for the interview appointment now :dance::jest:

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
3 minutes ago, M&Ms said:

Congratulations!!!  I'm glad you didn't had to send back in the same document that they already have.  At least, this is a good success story of speaking to a supervisor directly.

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

scan date: 11/15/16

supervisor review: 12/28/2016

**they stated 1/11/17...case was sent to the review department by the supervisor**

Still nothing yet....call every week hoping for a CC soon...I have anxiety. 

My priority date is 05/04/2016 

23 minutes ago, Duncan21 said:

Congratulations!!!  I'm glad you didn't had to send back in the same document that they already have.  At least, this is a good success story of speaking to a supervisor directly.

25 minutes ago, SMAlexander said:

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Thank you :dance::jest::D:jest::dance: It's an amazing feeling for sure. I keep checking the status over and over again just to enjoy the three N/A's :jest: I know it's crazy but darn it's worth it :dance:

46 minutes ago, M&Ms said:

WAHOO!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.