oliver-chris

Fiance run away do not know where she is staying

28 posts in this topic

hello,

I have a friend who lives in Hawaii and his fiancee left her. He called the USCIS to reported her. Can she have a loophole to be legally admitted in the US? The wedding is off.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

hello,

I have a friend who lives in Hawaii and his fiancee left her. He called the USCIS to reported her. Can she have a loophole to be legally admitted in the US? The wedding is off.

They must marry in 90 days if she entered the US on a K1 Visa. If not, she must return!

K-1 Visa Timeline

2016.08.11 - Mailed I-129f to USCIS

2016.08.12 - I-129 Received by USCIS

2016.08.16 - Received NOA1 via Txt Message

2016.08.18 - Received NOA1 I-797C via USPS

2016.09.21 - Received NOA2 via Txt Message (35 days)

2016.09.26 - Received NOA2 Hard copy via USPS

2016.10.06 - Received Case number from NVC

2016.10.12 - Case in Transit from NVC to BKK Embassy

2016.10.15 - Case Received by Consulate

2016.10.19 - Status changed from Transit to Ready

2016.10.20 - Packet 3 Sent to Consulate via Post

2016.10.25 - Packet 4 received from Consulate (Interview scheduled 11/15/16)

2016.11.02 - Medical Exam completed

2016.11.15 - Visa Approved!! (90 Days)

2016.11.17 - Visa received via Thai Post

2016.11.30 - Arrived in the USA!! POE: Chicago

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Where is she now.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Does he needs to make a police report as well to protect himself and that she cannot claim domestic violence or something...

Where is she now.

We do not know she is hiding. She just said she is staying with a friend

There was no domestic violence but we were thinking she might tell lies. He is a good person comes from a military family. They had a fight and she run away.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just out of curiosity - how long was she in Hawaii with the fiance?

Is he sure she split or could something of happened? Was she here long enough to meet someone else - or did she have this planned from the gate?

Either way - she's going to have difficulty navigating without resources to live... Im surprised she pulled that now with all the attention focused on illegal immigration.

K1 VISA
10/23/16....I-129F FEDEX 2nd day to Lewisville, TX
10/26/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/28/16....NOA1 Text and Email

10/28/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/04/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

w..a...i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

11/22/16....NOA2 Text Only

11/22/16....NOA2 Approval Date - no email yet
11/28/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

w..a..i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

12/06/16....Called NVC - No case yet (15 days after NOA2)

12/12/16....Called NVC - I-129F Received - no case number yet.

12/13/16....Case Number Received

12/15/16....Case status set as "In Transit"  to US Embassy in Manilla, PH

12/19/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

12/19/16....Emailed NVC asking for case information as it was never received (I know its too early - Just Do It Anyway)

w..a..i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

xx/xx/xx......Never Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC (STILL MISSING GRRRRR)

01/03/17....NVC replied to email providing NVC letter and info

01/04/17....Medical Completed

01/04/17....Fedex I-134 (wet signature) and all documents needed from petitioner for CFO and for the USEM interview (employment, divorce decree, etc...)
02/08/17....Interview 
02/09/17....Visa Issued

02/15/17....Visa In Hand :jest:

02/17/17....CFO Interview, Yellow sticker in hand

03/07/17....POE - San Francisco, CA

She must have help to pull this stunt :wow:

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Does he needs to make a police report as well to protect himself and that she cannot claim domestic violence or something...

she has no path to residency through VAWA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Best way to protect himself is not to contact her and never ever be alone with her if she does show up again.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits Forum~

~Similar topics are often discussed at this forum.~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

​I am sorry to hear about your friends situation unfortunately this isn't the first time a Filipina has come here on a visa from a USC and then either ran away or had a relationship with someone already here in the states. My beautiful friend Phoebe Dizon was murdered helping a young lady named Susanna. This young lady came here from the Philippines married a man in Seattle.

​She had a boyfriend there she had known before she became pregnant by him and left her husband and while at a court appearance Susanna, her unborn child, Phoebe, and another lady were murdered as her husband walked up to where they were sitting and opened fire. I have the link to the story below. As a result her son Gilbert helped author a bill that now protects foreign wives from domestic violence. I don't agree with what this young lady did, but it wasn't worth losing her life and others over.

​Tell your friend to stay far away. This way nothing can be used against him if the DV card is played. I am sorry it's individuals of either gender that make it hard for those with committed marriages. Wishing everyone courage for their journey and Happy Thanksgiving!

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/tribute-to-victims-of-domestic-violence/

Filed: Timeline

How well do you know this person? is it out of character? What I'm trying to ascertain before everyone has jumped to conclusions already is the fact do you think she might actually need help? Mentally and physically perhaps?

Just very strange that someone comes to a foreign land and ups and leaves her support network i.e. you!

Don't know how long she has been here so if she's built relationships she may have turned to others. If she hasn't been here long and has a network of associates then I'm afraid like others believe you may have been played.

Either way you have had several people tell you to stay away and I'm inclined to agree if you find out that you have been duped. Let her spend her days looking over her shoulder as marrying someone else and applying will ultimately fail as she entered the US under false pretences. Of course people find loopholes with everything and she may try it on. Just because it works for one person doesn't mean everyone will have the same success and I hope io's pick up on that fact!

Edited by Inikamoze

Filed: Timeline

hello,

Quote his fiance left her...is that a typo?

Sorry if the dude is duped but its 2 sides to these stories

If she came on K1 , she cannot adjust, however she can meet another

person start a new relationship, cancelled K1 & marry then

after a while & liviing an undocumented life here, but a

new spouse can petition her then she will have to leave the US

for consular processing & a grilling from CO. If he's the saint then

cancel it & move on

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.