mza001

I-751 June 2016 Filers (Merged Threads)

2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 11/17/2017 at 5:07 AM, Singhpreet said:

I sent my RFE in august nd a service request was made in October 😰 Till today there is no update.. How long more 😩

Did u got approval letter

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:29 PM, nightingalejules said:

Yes, this is such a frustrating process. And there are several states that won't allow a driver's licence without proof of status. However, if you get an Infopass appointment and get an I-551 stamp in your wife's unexpired passport, that stamp serves as a green card. (I-551 is also the official name for the green card) Once you have that, go back to the DMV and she should be able to get a driver's license that is at least good until the stamp expires. If the person at the DMV won't accept the stamp, feel free to escalate to his/her supervisor, since the stamp is, in the eyes of federal law, exactly equivalent to a green card.

You can get an infopass here. (depending on where you live you may need to go to this site just after midnight to find available appointment times)

I'm sorry, I got tied up with work and forgot to reply.

We went to the Mississippi DMV and they said that since we didn't have a green card, we needed an I-94 paper document and that the I-551 wasn't good enough. When I asked US Customs, they said, "Legal Permanent Residents do not have the I-94 number.
Present her I-551 card to obtain a driver’s license."

So now I'm in a bind. If you look at the Mississippi DMV system, it looks like the old MS DOS interface and I have a feeling our state's laws regarding how immigrants get driver's licenses were last updated when that got installed in who knows when. 

And Mississippi law trumps federal law in the eyes of the supervisor. One time, our Chinese notarized marriage license translation (which was accepted by the US Department of State and US Department of Homeland Security) was said that it didn't meet the requirements for the Mississippi DMV, so I had to get a Mississippi Notary stamp for $40 and she "translated" our marriage license using the original translation by means of copy and paste.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Eks1022 said:

Did u got approval letter

Not yet😩 ITs taking too long.. I already did follow up email to vermont service center.... But no response yet...My lawyer will make inquiry around 20 December... 

19 hours ago, Sercanned said:

hello november 2017 filler here just browsing the forum. i got a queestion for you. what did you send for i751? why did they want RFE?

In my case, I was asked to provide more proof of joint assets and joint liabilities. I was a student and my husband was a new graduate at the time I filed the I-751, so we did not have any assets and liabilities together. However, at the time of the RFE, we were able to provide proof of those stuffs. 

16 hours ago, KC & SC said:

CSC

06/27/2016: NOA

07/25/2016: Biometric

09/18/2017: Made a service request online

09/23/2017: Recived an email from USCIS- my case is pending security checks

10/24/2017: Made an another service request by phone

10/27/2017: Contacted congressman to ask for an assistance to check my status

11/03/2017: Received a response from congressman's office - my case  has been delivered to the adjudications unit

11/04/2017: RFE letter received (Letter dated on 10/30/2017)

11/13/2017: Evidence package mailed (delivered on 11/15/2017)

11/17/2017: Additional evidence package mailed (delivered on 11/20/2017)

11/27/2017: Received email, text & status update - New Card is Being Produced!:D

Congrats!!!! :D

17 hours ago, KC & SC said:

CSC

06/27/2016: NOA

07/25/2016: Biometric

09/18/2017: Made a service request online

09/23/2017: Recived an email from USCIS- my case is pending security checks

10/24/2017: Made an another service request by phone

10/27/2017: Contacted congressman to ask for an assistance to check my status

11/03/2017: Received a response from congressman's office - my case  has been delivered to the adjudications unit

11/04/2017: RFE letter received (Letter dated on 10/30/2017)

11/13/2017: Evidence package mailed (delivered on 11/15/2017)

11/17/2017: Additional evidence package mailed (delivered on 11/20/2017)

11/27/2017: Received email, text & status update - New Card is Being Produced!:D

congratulations!

One question: did your online status update when USCIS received your RFE packet?

My RFE packet was delivered to USCIS on November 24.  I don't know how I can make sure they received it.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:45 PM, Slimj said:

Congrats! I received my RFE letter 7 days after the officer at the info pass made an inquiry to state I did not receive it. And we mailed out the response today. Hopefully, we hear back soon as well. 

I mailed my RFE packet on November 20 as well.  It was delivered on the 24th due to the holiday.

I wonder if they will update our online status once they received the packet. 

What did they ask for?  In my case, it was the lease.  I explained to them why I could not provide one. 

Edited by jtyshxq

3 minutes ago, jtyshxq said:

I mailed my RFE packet on November 20 as well.  It was delivered on the 24th due to the holiday.

I wonder if they will update our online status once they received the packet. 

What did they ask for?  In my case, it was the lease.  I explained to them why I could not provide one. 

I overnighted mine and they received it on the 21st. They said not all pages of my lease and bank statements where there so I provided ALL 30 something pages of the leases and bank statements. Also, I provided a multitude of other evidence just incase(all tax transcripts, utilities,401k,trips, and etc). Also I scheduled an infopass appointment 2 weeks from now, so they can validate for me that they indeed did receive it. The officer last time that discovered they had sent the RFE said once they receive it if I go back he will be able to check if the response was recieved. I just want to be doubly sure.

1 minute ago, Slimj said:

I overnighted mine and they received it on the 21st. They said not all pages of my lease and bank statements where there so I provided ALL 30 something pages of the leases and bank statements. Also, I provided a multitude of other evidence just incase(all tax transcripts, utilities,401k,trips, and etc). Also I scheduled an infopass appointment 2 weeks from now, so they can validate for me that they indeed did receive it. The officer last time that discovered they had sent the RFE said once they receive it if I go back he will be able to check if the response was recieved. I just want to be doubly sure.

Your evidence sounds really solid.  My attorney only uses priority mail 2-days so I had to bear with them.

In my case I had all the evidences except the joint  lease for the i751 filing 15 months ago. 

I was really surprised to see the RFE.  Oh, well. In the RFE, I submitted updated utilities, cell phone cable bills,  tax transcripts, life insurance, car insurance, credit card statements, joint account statements, more than 100 photos for holidays, trips and even Sunday fundays, flight for trips, and correspondence from government (US Veterans affair, US Patent Office, department of education, IRS, voter's registration card for my hubby  etc.  even paystubs before direct deposit was activated.) for both of us, and 4 more affidavit letters from friends. 

If they still don't approve my case, I don't know what to do. 

9 minutes ago, jtyshxq said:

Your evidence sounds really solid.  My attorney only uses priority mail 2-days so I had to bear with them.

In my case I had all the evidences except the joint  lease for the i751 filing 15 months ago. 

I was really surprised to see the RFE.  Oh, well. In the RFE, I submitted updated utilities, cell phone cable bills,  tax transcripts, life insurance, car insurance, credit card statements, joint account statements, more than 100 photos for holidays, trips and even Sunday fundays, flight for trips, and correspondence from government (US Veterans affair, US Patent Office, department of education, IRS, voter's registration card for my hubby  etc.  even paystubs before direct deposit was activated.) for both of us, and 4 more affidavit letters from friends. 

If they still don't approve my case, I don't know what to do. 

I believe the worst case scenario is they request for an interview. Let's keep each other updated and hope for the best!

3 hours ago, Bruce3 said:

I'm sorry, I got tied up with work and forgot to reply.

We went to the Mississippi DMV and they said that since we didn't have a green card, we needed an I-94 paper document and that the I-551 wasn't good enough. When I asked US Customs, they said, "Legal Permanent Residents do not have the I-94 number.
Present her I-551 card to obtain a driver’s license."

So now I'm in a bind. If you look at the Mississippi DMV system, it looks like the old MS DOS interface and I have a feeling our state's laws regarding how immigrants get driver's licenses were last updated when that got installed in who knows when. 

And Mississippi law trumps federal law in the eyes of the supervisor. One time, our Chinese notarized marriage license translation (which was accepted by the US Department of State and US Department of Homeland Security) was said that it didn't meet the requirements for the Mississippi DMV, so I had to get a Mississippi Notary stamp for $40 and she "translated" our marriage license using the original translation by means of copy and paste.

What a mess! Have you tried going to a different DMV office? Often one will be better than another. I did look up the Mississippi DMV and the I-551 stamp is not listed as acceptable ID. Which is ridiculous. I've attached some links to 2 government explanations that the I-551 stamp is equivalent (at the very least) to the I-94. You could try explaining that, in our situation, the stamp is only placed on an I-94 if the immigrant doesn't have a valid passport. (But the stamp would be exactly the same.) 

Good luck - and cheers to us for educating the DMV.

https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0110211025

https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/131-list-documents-establish-identity-and-employment-authorization

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, jtyshxq said:

congratulations!

One question: did your online status update when USCIS received your RFE packet?

My RFE packet was delivered to USCIS on November 24.  I don't know how I can make sure they received it.

I don't think USCIS updates for receiving RFE packet. Did you send packet with delivery confirmation or signature confirmation?

I sent with delivery confirmation only and worried too but I recieved an update saying they are producing my card. I am sure

your case will be fine too. Hope you'll hear an update too.

:idea: KC

So I had my Interview yesterday. I still don't know why I was selected for an interview, perhaps it was completely at random, but most likely it was because they felt I didn't supply enough evidence along with my application. But then why didn't they simply give me an RFE instead? Why an interview? I guess I'll never know. The interviewer certainly didn't tell me why I was selected. Anyway, here's how it went:

My wife and I were called into the interviewer’s office and I was asked my name, address and date of birth. I was asked to present ID and was photographed and my fingerprints scanned to prove my identity. My wife and I were then asked to confirm some information about ourselves as she checked off the same information on our application.

The only questions I was asked were along the lines of ‘where/when did you meet?’, ‘have you ever been arrested?’, ‘are you still married?’. Basic stuff really. Then she wanted to see any evidence we had that we hadn’t already submitted. I gave her my health insurance/dental plan information on which my wife is included. We also gave her a printout of photographs of us together on various nights out/gym activities/parties we’ve thrown etc. When I tried to give her evidence that had already been submitted with the original application she wasn’t interested and didn’t want to see them saying ‘I already have that’.

The whole interview took about ten to fifteen minutes. She then told me she was not able to make a decision then and there but I would be contacted by mail in about two weeks. If I am approved a new card will be mailed to me in a week or two after that.

Here’s the interesting part. She said that as it had been so long since I attended my biometrics appointment last year that my fingerprints would have to be taken again as they had expired! How can fingerprint information expire?! I was then sent to the same place I attended my biometrics appointment last year to have my fingerprints taken again.

So another couple of weeks and hopefully I’ll have an answer. She really didn’t make it obvious one way or the other whether I’ll be approved, but I felt it went OK so don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t approve us. But then again, with this process, anything could happen!

Signature.PNG

34 minutes ago, KC & SC said:

I don't think USCIS updates for receiving RFE packet. Did you send packet with delivery confirmation or signature confirmation?

I sent with delivery confirmation only and worried too but I recieved an update saying they are producing my card. I am sure

your case will be fine too. Hope you'll hear an update too.

Thank you.  I hope so.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
10 hours ago, rpaterson said:

So I had my Interview yesterday. I still don't know why I was selected for an interview, perhaps it was completely at random, but most likely it was because they felt I didn't supply enough evidence along with my application. But then why didn't they simply give me an RFE instead? Why an interview? I guess I'll never know. The interviewer certainly didn't tell me why I was selected. Anyway, here's how it went:

My wife and I were called into the interviewer’s office and I was asked my name, address and date of birth. I was asked to present ID and was photographed and my fingerprints scanned to prove my identity. My wife and I were then asked to confirm some information about ourselves as she checked off the same information on our application.

The only questions I was asked were along the lines of ‘where/when did you meet?’, ‘have you ever been arrested?’, ‘are you still married?’. Basic stuff really. Then she wanted to see any evidence we had that we hadn’t already submitted. I gave her my health insurance/dental plan information on which my wife is included. We also gave her a printout of photographs of us together on various nights out/gym activities/parties we’ve thrown etc. When I tried to give her evidence that had already been submitted with the original application she wasn’t interested and didn’t want to see them saying ‘I already have that’.

The whole interview took about ten to fifteen minutes. She then told me she was not able to make a decision then and there but I would be contacted by mail in about two weeks. If I am approved a new card will be mailed to me in a week or two after that.

Here’s the interesting part. She said that as it had been so long since I attended my biometrics appointment last year that my fingerprints would have to be taken again as they had expired! How can fingerprint information expire?! I was then sent to the same place I attended my biometrics appointment last year to have my fingerprints taken again.

So another couple of weeks and hopefully I’ll have an answer. She really didn’t make it obvious one way or the other whether I’ll be approved, but I felt it went OK so don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t approve us. But then again, with this process, anything could happen!

Hi, thanks so much for your sharing. So you didn't get a RFE but an interview directly? That's interesting... I am waiting for an interview since September, 2017 as they were not satisfied with my RFE... 

I haven't heard anything back yet. It has been almost 19 months since I applied. Very upset and anxious to get an interview. I am in New York, maybe that's why it is so delayed as the caseload is horrible here. 

I actually just graduated and my husband helped me pay the tuition. The tuition is so expensive that we didn't fly to have holidays at all. But we get some daily photos, joint account(debit and credit), lease, 401k, health insurance. I don't know what else I can supply in my interview, and when i will have the interview. 

Please could you or anyone had interview share more information about the questions or materials you submitted for the interview? THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.