2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
5 hours ago, Zuheidi88 said:

Hi everyone I just got good news, my husbands I-601 got approved November 20 and the receive date for the i-601 was in October 24 2016. Now waiting for documents to arrive to see if there’s an appt or not. All I have to say is have faith and never have doubt, always keep moving forward and never look back, the past is gone there is no way to change it, right now we’re in the present and I am thankful for getting good news today. I’ll continue praying for those strong ppl that are still waiting god bless you all 🙏. Does anyone know how long we have to wait for the document ? And how long after for an appt? Thank you in advance 

@Zuheidi88, congrats on your husbands I-601 approval. 

@Lrxify said above that her country’s consulate took just a little over a week to receive her 1-601 approval documents from USCIS. 

My I-601/I-212 was approved November 13 and my consulate replied to me in an email that they have still not received my approval notice from USCIS.

I think the time it takes a consulate to receive approval notice from USCIS depends on what country you live in. Some consulates in some country’s will receive it faster than others. It sucks but I really don’t know what might be causing the delays. I think we just need to be proactive and check with USCIS whether they sent the notice to the consulate if your consulate has still not received the approval notice.

I think depending on the country and consulate, once you have your follow-up interview and everything goes well, you will be issued the visa for you to pick up your passport or delivered to you in a week or two.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey guys update on our case, my husband has an appt on feb 20th 2018, thank god for these blessings we’re receiveing. I gss they re-opened DS-260 again we have to update the taxes and a few other things. he has to do his physical and fingerprints once more since it’s been over a year we’ve been to the last interview. Still praying for everything to go smooth that day and praying for all of those still waiting. 🙏 God bless you all and wish you all a happy holidays 🌲❤️

Congrats and i wish you guys a successful interview and happy reunion in 2018!!!!!

I guess the processing time update is wrong on the USCIS web page because it keeps saying they are still working on October 1, 2016. But you submitted after that date and have gotten your approval letter and interview date. I pray I get that of my spouse soon because I submitted on December 29, 2016 but received NOIR date for January 6, 2017. 

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping I get an approval letter soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thank you Franco007, Hopefully by the end of this year you hear something, since January is around the corner,  I’ll continue praying for all of the ppl waiting. I also hope for a successful interview for us. God bless you and dnt lose hope, all our nightmares end one day. 🙏🏼  Happy holidays to all 🌲 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline
On 6/13/2017 at 5:59 PM, intllovers said:

As of right now they are currently approving waivers with a receive date of June 10thish, 2016. on a day to day basis we are seeing approvals come through with date ranges from April 2016 to June 2016, even been a couple July 2016 approvals, but  the majority of cases now being approved are around mid June. it is taking anywhere from 10 to 14 months for approval from the date of receipt. I have been waiting almost one year and to be honest every month they are getting slower. it is possible this could turn around and they could start approving faster. Back in 2015 they only took 4-5 months to get an approval.  hopefully for your sake they start to speed up and not continue to slow down down. The waiting times are ridiculous. Hang in there :)

Hi.  Waiver received December 2016...wondering if you received a response yet?  If yes, how many months did you wait?  

Filed: IR-2 Country: Brazil
Timeline

My father applied for me in May 2017, I expected to be approved around 6 months, but it will be 8 months, every day that passes the anxiety is bigger, but I continue with much faith and hope that everything will work out, complete 21 years in January, I hope they approve in the next two months, I would be very happy with this, many years waiting for this moment!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi everyone. Congratulations to all the members who are approved and I bet this must be a best Christmas for all of them. While I was checking the current processing time, I was shocked to see no progress for the month of November and December. I believe they are not updating the status in the website page. Is there anyone who was approved in last week or two. If so, kindly update rest of us so that we know they are moving. Once again Congratulations to all that are approved and all the very best for friends like me still waiting. FYI my received date is April 28, 2017.

devan.PNG

5 minutes ago, Franco007 said:

Yeah I saw the update too......... I submitted December 29, 2016 and still waiting on approval. Hopefully they are working that of December now.

My receipt date was November 28th 2016 and still no news. :(  I will let you guys know when I hear from them, I'm hoping soon since it has been 13 months! 

10 hours ago, Devan said:

Hi everyone. Congratulations to all the members who are approved and I bet this must be a best Christmas for all of them. While I was checking the current processing time, I was shocked to see no progress for the month of November and December. I believe they are not updating the status in the website page. Is there anyone who was approved in last week or two. If so, kindly update rest of us so that we know they are moving. Once again Congratulations to all that are approved and all the very best for friends like me still waiting. FYI my received date is April 28, 2017.

devan.PNG

Hi.  I saw from this page on the bottom right, below this chart, it says it was last updated December 26th 2017.    So i'm not sure if they updated it on Dec 26, and it's just that there were no updates on the I-601, or really the service center hasn't updated the page since oct 31, 2017.. Any ideas on this?

15 hours ago, Forealla said:

Hi.  I saw from this page on the bottom right, below this chart, it says it was last updated December 26th 2017.    So i'm not sure if they updated it on Dec 26, and it's just that there were no updates on the I-601, or really the service center hasn't updated the page since oct 31, 2017.. Any ideas on this?

Hi,

Hope this helps make you understand the processing updates a little better.

Bottom Right Date:- Means the last date they updated the website on all cases (December 26, 2017).

Top Processing Date:- Means the last date they got this update from for all cases (October 31, 2017).

Case Specific Date:- Means the date the cases were submitted to that office for processing (October 12, 2016).

All this means is that as of close of business on October 31, 2017 they were working on I-601 cases that were submitted on October 12, 2016. 

Which means that from the previous update as of September 30, 2017 they were working on cases submitted on October 1, 2016 they only moved 11 days by the time it was October 31, 2017.

This has happened twice earlier this year when they moved just a week or two instead of their usual monthly case movements.

I called USCIS earlier this year to know what happened and this was the explanation they gave me:

-They get behind in some months due to number of cases submitted in a given day or month they are working on (High or Low Volume of case submitted)

-They also go back to work on cases reviewed and kept on ice due to they requested the applicant to submit additional documents and when they receive the additional documents, they put on hold new applications to work on that passed case with new documents submitted.

-The verification process of the documents are tedious especially documents created outside of the United States.

-Lastly they are short staffed. 

I work for DHS and I am still going through the same process as everyone to get my spouse back, so keep the hope alive and be patient it will all end one day.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays!

12 hours ago, Franco007 said:

Hi,

Hope this helps make you understand the processing updates a little better.

Bottom Right Date:- Means the last date they updated the website on all cases (December 26, 2017).

Top Processing Date:- Means the last date they got this update from for all cases (October 31, 2017).

Case Specific Date:- Means the date the cases were submitted to that office for processing (October 12, 2016).

All this means is that as of close of business on October 31, 2017 they were working on I-601 cases that were submitted on October 12, 2016. 

Which means that from the previous update as of September 30, 2017 they were working on cases submitted on October 1, 2016 they only moved 11 days by the time it was October 31, 2017.

This has happened twice earlier this year when they moved just a week or two instead of their usual monthly case movements.

I called USCIS earlier this year to know what happened and this was the explanation they gave me:

-They get behind in some months due to number of cases submitted in a given day or month they are working on (High or Low Volume of case submitted)

-They also go back to work on cases reviewed and kept on ice due to they requested the applicant to submit additional documents and when they receive the additional documents, they put on hold new applications to work on that passed case with new documents submitted.

-The verification process of the documents are tedious especially documents created outside of the United States.

-Lastly they are short staffed. 

I work for DHS and I am still going through the same process as everyone to get my spouse back, so keep the hope alive and be patient it will all end one day.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays!

Thanks for your explanation! Hopefully after this holiday season is over, USCIS will speed up. God bless us all in the coming year of 2018.

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline
On 12/28/2017 at 2:28 PM, Franco007 said:

Yeah I saw the update too......... I submitted December 29, 2016 and still waiting on approval. Hopefully they are working that of December now.

Will let you know...receipt date was December 21, 2016.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.