2,664 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Mach001 said:

Yes it took that long approx 18 months. And yes I did not get any Request for Evidence (RFE). And yes my case was the Nebraska Service center (NSC).

As I understand, everyone’s waiver case is different and unique and it might take different times to process. Depending on the nature and complexity of each individual case, some cases might get processed sooner than others even if you filed your case earlier. 

About 2 months before I got my approval, we had gotten our State Senators involved to check with NSC on why my case was delaying. I have heard good stories of waivers getting approved in a month or two once you get your State Senators office to check on your case.

At end of day, even though it sucks that it took that long I’m just glad and thankful to God Almighty that it was finally approved without any RFE and that I can finally look forward to joining my family😊👍🏾🙏🏾

Thank you for your information and congrats again! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We started our immigration process in September 2015. We did not hire a lawyer, instead we used a service called immigrateandsave.com. I was very skeptical at first, but it got us all the way through the interview. There were small errors made that were fixed before sending. And communication with them wasn't the best, sometimes it was hard to get a hold of. But they collect your information and fill out all the forms for you and help you through the process and costs less than a lawyer. All in all I think I could have done it myself. 

We went to our interview on July 2016 and were denied as expected. Once again I did not hire a lawyer to do our i601 waiver as they wanted between $6,000-11,000. So from July to November 2016, between working and traveling back and forth between Tijuana and San Diego I was able to build our waiver. It seriously was the size of a novel. 100's of papers. I was skeptical of how good our case was. Since there was no health hardships, and my biggest hardship was finishing my education and my kids education. And that wasn't hard facts. Anyways my point is I didn't think my case was a strong case.

Our case was approved on January 12 2018, 1 year 2 months and 5 days after. They did not RFE. There is a USCIS app that you can check 50 other cases around your receipt number. And there were 11 other cases received on the same day. 6 were RFE, mine approved and the rest still waiting. I recommend downloading the app as you can get an idea of what's going on around you.

My question is, whats next? I received the letter from USCIS, and there isn't much instructions on it, other than NVC will contact me. Does anyone know how long it take for NVC to contact us? Do they contact us through the country where my wife is? I sent all our paperwork from United States. But they did send us once a paper to Tijuana through DHL.

How fast will they schedule an appointment for us? Or will I need to resend all paper work again since its been 1 year and 6 months since our interview?

23 hours ago, Pberry06 said:

We started our immigration process in September 2015. We did not hire a lawyer, instead we used a service called immigrateandsave.com. I was very skeptical at first, but it got us all the way through the interview. There were small errors made that were fixed before sending. And communication with them wasn't the best, sometimes it was hard to get a hold of. But they collect your information and fill out all the forms for you and help you through the process and costs less than a lawyer. All in all I think I could have done it myself. 

We went to our interview on July 2016 and were denied as expected. Once again I did not hire a lawyer to do our i601 waiver as they wanted between $6,000-11,000. So from July to November 2016, between working and traveling back and forth between Tijuana and San Diego I was able to build our waiver. It seriously was the size of a novel. 100's of papers. I was skeptical of how good our case was. Since there was no health hardships, and my biggest hardship was finishing my education and my kids education. And that wasn't hard facts. Anyways my point is I didn't think my case was a strong case.

Our case was approved on January 12 2018, 1 year 2 months and 5 days after. They did not RFE. There is a USCIS app that you can check 50 other cases around your receipt number. And there were 11 other cases received on the same day. 6 were RFE, mine approved and the rest still waiting. I recommend downloading the app as you can get an idea of what's going on around you.

My question is, whats next? I received the letter from USCIS, and there isn't much instructions on it, other than NVC will contact me. Does anyone know how long it take for NVC to contact us? Do they contact us through the country where my wife is? I sent all our paperwork from United States. But they did send us once a paper to Tijuana through DHL.

How fast will they schedule an appointment for us? Or will I need to resend all paper work again since its been 1 year and 6 months since our interview?

Hello 

I believe some one mentioned that they brought along all paper work with them to the second interview, and also mentioned how long it took to schedule an appointment.

Congrats 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone I'm currently going Thur the same proccess. Had my interview on September 7/2017 and received a 221(g) letter. They requested I file a i601 waiver already did. January 6 and got my receipt number January 11..i797(C) rejected for file on an outdated version. minor setback from our lawyer. He sent out the 2017 waiver version and USCIS have a 2018 waiver version So we refill and summit it. USCIS also gave us a form to place on top of our packet. That's states. When you resubmit your application, please enclose this letter with your re-submission.  My question is since I received a receipt number in less then a week is it possible for my waiver decision to be sooner the. Other?

thank you

5 hours ago, Jtorres said:

Hi everyone I'm currently going Thur the same proccess. Had my interview on September 7/2017 and received a 221(g) letter. They requested I file a i601 waiver already did. January 6 and got my receipt number January 11..i797(C) rejected for file on an outdated version. minor setback from our lawyer. He sent out the 2017 waiver version and USCIS have a 2018 waiver version So we refill and summit it. USCIS also gave us a form to place on top of our packet. That's states. When you resubmit your application, please enclose this letter with your re-submission.  My question is since I received a receipt number in less then a week is it possible for my waiver decision to be sooner the. Other?

thank you

Hi,

No that does not mean your case gets processed quicker. I submitted mine December 29, 2016 and received my notice January 6, 2017. Which is a week after, just like yours but am still waiting on the approval. 

Wish you luck though and since you are using a lawyer, he/she can help you file to expedite your case.

That is the only way to make it faster if approved

Timeline
9 hours ago, Franco007 said:

Hi,

No that does not mean your case gets processed quicker. I submitted mine December 29, 2016 and received my notice January 6, 2017. Which is a week after, just like yours but am still waiting on the approval. 

Wish you luck though and since you are using a lawyer, he/she can help you file to expedite your case.

That is the only way to make it faster if approved

Hi franco007 

thank you, I will speak with my lawyer and see what we can do.. I'll keep everyone updated

Timeline

What's the wait time for an i601 waiver? So my interview was September 7/2017 I had my i601(A) approved before coming to Mexico. I had a felony reduce to a misdemeanor. So my lawyer said I don't need the i601 waiver for grounds of criminal but here I am paid and still awaiting to see if it's approved or not. I spoke with 2 different attorneys and both said the same that I don't need the i601 waiver.  Anyone else dealing with the same problem?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Jtorres said:

What's the wait time for an i601 waiver? So my interview was September 7/2017 I had my i601(A) approved before coming to Mexico. I had a felony reduce to a misdemeanor. So my lawyer said I don't need the i601 waiver for grounds of criminal but here I am paid and still awaiting to see if it's approved or not. I spoke with 2 different attorneys and both said the same that I don't need the i601 waiver.  Anyone else dealing with the same problem?

i601 are taking about 14-16 months. but if you had your i601a approved then you should be fine. But if they find any other reason to deny you, then you will need i601. Theres been cases where people apply for i601a for something they thought made them inadmissible and were approved and go to their interview and were denied because they found something else that made them inadmissible and now they're stuck out of the country

Timeline
1 hour ago, Pberry06 said:

i601 are taking about 14-16 months. but if you had your i601a approved then you should be fine. But if they find any other reason to deny you, then you will need i601. Theres been cases where people apply for i601a for something they thought made them inadmissible and were approved and go to their interview and were denied because they found something else that made them inadmissible and now they're stuck out of the country

Well I applied for the i601(A) and was approved in 5 months came to my interview and was refused because Ground of inadmissible and told (México) to apply for the i601 waiver. Which I was surprised. So now I been in my home country for 5months.  I had a felony reduced to a misdemeanor and my lawyer said that wasn't something they can deny me or refuse me. But look at me now came to my interview and stuck for what another 14-16 months if that is the time wait. 

7 hours ago, Jtorres said:

Well I applied for the i601(A) and was approved in 5 months came to my interview and was refused because Ground of inadmissible and told (México) to apply for the i601 waiver. Which I was surprised. So now I been in my home country for 5months.  I had a felony reduced to a misdemeanor and my lawyer said that wasn't something they can deny me or refuse me. But look at me now came to my interview and stuck for what another 14-16 months if that is the time wait. 

Because you were denied after the I-601a, you do need the I-601 now....

Did you ask the interviewer at the embassy what was the main reason for the denial?

It is better you know the reason, so that you know exactly what you have to present for the I-601.

You might think you were denied for the felony case that was brought to a lesser charge but might be something else and that will make your process even longer because that will be denied again and until you overcome the main issue. 

I wish you luck, the last person i know that just got an approval January 12, 2018 submitted November 14, 2016.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Franco007 said:

Because you were denied after the I-601a, you do need the I-601 now....

Did you ask the interviewer at the embassy what was the main reason for the denial?

It is better you know the reason, so that you know exactly what you have to present for the I-601.

You might think you were denied for the felony case that was brought to a lesser charge but might be something else and that will make your process even longer because that will be denied again and until you overcome the main issue. 

I wish you luck, the last person i know that just got an approval January 12, 2018 submitted November 14, 2016.

Hi yes I got my refusal paper and states that it because of the cimt- criminal grounds..  so now we going at it with the consule and visa center. I paid 3 different lawyer to get different opinions and all came back with the consule made a mistake and I don't need the i601. But they suggested for me to summit the waiver then fighting with the consule.

Hi yes I got my refusal paper and states that it because of the cimt- criminal grounds..  so now we going at it with the consule and visa center. I paid 3 different lawyer to get different opinions and all came back with the consule made a mistake and I don't need the i601. But they suggested for me to summit the waiver then fighting with the consule.

I think you do need the waiver now for the CIMT.....

I believe the I-601a took care of your unlawful presence and the I-601 should take care of the CIMT. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Franco007 said:

I think you do need the waiver now for the CIMT.....

I believe the I-601a took care of your unlawful presence and the I-601 should take care of the CIMT. 

Yes the i601(A) is for the unlawful presence. From what I have reading i601 waiver is for people with multiple cimt/conviction.  Then there then petty offense expection 1. You was under 18 at the time or 2. You have only 1 cimt 

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes the i601(A) is for the unlawful presence. From what I have reading i601 waiver is for people with multiple cimt/conviction.  Then there then petty offense expection 1. You was under 18 at the time or 2. You have only 1 cimt 

Please help what am I likely to fille I was found inadmissible and deported and also 5years ban under 212 a 7a I}I and my i130 case was approved am  going to NVC please who else here have same code and which waiver am I going to file after my interview. Thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.