irishbynature

Too much evidence? Bank statements...

14 posts in this topic

My wife and I have had joint checking and savings accounts since before we were even married in 2010. So, I have nearly 3 years of statements showing joint ownership and use of the bank accounts.

I'm getting ready to send off the I-751. I have probably 30 pages of good "other" evidence...tax returns, warranty deeds, insurance etc. but I printed over 200 pages of bank statements...one statement for each month since we are married. To be honest the package looks a bit ridiculous and I'm wondering if the officer will be annoyed that our package is so huge. Should I just send one statement per quarter for the last 2 years instead of one for every month for the last 36 months?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I had a similar dilemma with chat logs. I have chat records going back to 2006, so even if I printed just the preview lists from gmail, it would have been a book. I ended up just printing a single page of representative previews from each year, so it was just 6 pages instead of 100+

I can't tell you how well this will work... I just sent it in 2 weeks ago. But I assume that an overview demonstrating logevity should be convincing enough.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

My wife and I have had joint checking and savings accounts since before we were even married in 2010. So, I have nearly 3 years of statements showing joint ownership and use of the bank accounts.

I'm getting ready to send off the I-751. I have probably 30 pages of good "other" evidence...tax returns, warranty deeds, insurance etc. but I printed over 200 pages of bank statements...one statement for each month since we are married. To be honest the package looks a bit ridiculous and I'm wondering if the officer will be annoyed that our package is so huge. Should I just send one statement per quarter for the last 2 years instead of one for every month for the last 36 months?

That looks a huge Package. You dont need to send statements for each month. Just select some random months from begining to now. Like any 3 months from each year(2010,2011,2012).

Edited by Er Neal

IR-5 for Parents

02-28-14 -> I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.
03-03-14 -> USCIS received. (Priority Date)
03-09-14 -> NOA1 received.
06-04-14 -> NOA2 received. Approved.
06-18-14 -> NVC Received case.
07-03-14 -> NVC Assigned Case#(Got Case# & IIN Over the Phone).
07-22-14 -> DS-261 Completed.
07-25-14 -> AOS fee Payment.
07-29-14 -> AOS fee shows PAID.
07-30-14 -> AOS Package Sent.
07-31-14 -> AOS Package delivered.
09-15-14 -> IV fee Payment.

09-17-14 -> IV fee Shows PAID.

09-18-14 -> IV Package Sent.
09-20-14 -> IV Package Delivered.

10-20-14 -> Case Complete.

10-28-14 -> Case Complete Email Received.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

printing them ? printing bank statements?

change your printer driver, so you get 2 per page.

can get even more fancy, use front and back, so it's 4 printed pages per physical sheet o paper, front and back.

I say send em.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Thanks, I've decided to send one statement for each quarter from 2010 - present. So...if anyone cares to know here is our package:

1) Completed form and $590 fee check

2) Front and back color copy of wife's greencard

3) Residential & office address history since she became a permanent resident...we have moved several times

4) IRS transcripts showing joint returns filed in 2010 and 2011

5) Front and back copies of both of our Texas driver's licenses showing the same address

6) Quarterly joint checking and savings bank statements from 2010 - November 2012.

7) Warranty deed showing joint ownership of a rental home in Houston Texas

8) Warranty deed showing joint ownership of our home in Austin Texas

9) Official state of texas birth certificate for our daughter born in May of this year with our names as parents

10) Joint vehicle lease agreement for my wife's car

11) Affidavits from two co-workers testifying to the legitimacy of our marriage/relationship in Texas

12) State Farm liability insurance certificate for my wife's car showing both of our names

13) State Farm homeowner's insurance certificate showing coverage of our Austin home in both of our names

14) State Farm life insurance policy on me showing my wife as beneficiary

15) Photos of us and our new daughter spanning from the date my wife entered the US with her visa to now

That's it! Hope it's enough and the only thing we hear is an approval!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't give them every bank statement. Just give them the first and a last bank statement. This is enough evidence that you've kept your finances co-mingled.

Thanks, I've decided to send one statement for each quarter from 2010 - present. So...if anyone cares to know here is our package:

1) Completed form and $590 fee check

2) Front and back color copy of wife's greencard

3) Residential & office address history since she became a permanent resident...we have moved several times

4) IRS transcripts showing joint returns filed in 2010 and 2011

5) Front and back copies of both of our Texas driver's licenses showing the same address

6) Quarterly joint checking and savings bank statements from 2010 - November 2012.

7) Warranty deed showing joint ownership of a rental home in Houston Texas

8) Warranty deed showing joint ownership of our home in Austin Texas

9) Official state of texas birth certificate for our daughter born in May of this year with our names as parents

10) Joint vehicle lease agreement for my wife's car

11) Affidavits from two co-workers testifying to the legitimacy of our marriage/relationship in Texas

12) State Farm liability insurance certificate for my wife's car showing both of our names

13) State Farm homeowner's insurance certificate showing coverage of our Austin home in both of our names

14) State Farm life insurance policy on me showing my wife as beneficiary

15) Photos of us and our new daughter spanning from the date my wife entered the US with her visa to now

That's it! Hope it's enough and the only thing we hear is an approval!

This is plenty.

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Don't give them every bank statement. Just give them the first and a last bank statement. This is enough evidence that you've kept your finances co-mingled.

Bsd, for removal of conditions, they specifically ask for documents spanning the years of your marriage, not just for first and last.

One a quarter sounds great to me.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I agree with Harpa - One statement for each quarter. Other than that - as SteveD said, it is never too much evidence (my package, for example was about 5 inches thick). Nonetheless, your list sounds good to me, as it contains high quality pieces of evidence. Go ahead and send it. Good luck on your journey!

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Bsd, for removal of conditions, they specifically ask for documents spanning the years of your marriage, not just for first and last.

One a quarter sounds great to me.

Didn't realize that. Thanks.

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You decide what a reasonable amount of varied evidence is, from Primary. Secondary etc. a well balanced view of your life together from finances to vacation. Everyone had great advice.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

At one time we had a guy posting here who worked at VSC. He was also getting married. He said sending too much was annoying. He also said "just follow the instructions".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.