Sign in to follow this  
slumdog

Divorce during Cr-1 visa processing

12 posts in this topic

My wife started acting up for unknown reason and now she does not want to continue with the CR-1 visa application no more,wanting a divorce or just friends.I'm at the last stage before I'm called for interview but asked to submit an original marriage certificate after she mistakenly sent a copy and now she wont send the original.What do I do because I still love her so much.

How long have you been married? How often do you talk? When is the last time you saw each other? People don't JUST start to act up and you don't know why. Review your conversations. What has she complained about that you probably considered as 'dragging issues'? Do you keep your feelings close and she feels like she's doing absolutely everything? If she is doing everything does she feel appreciated or used? What does she discuss with her friends and family? What is your family's involvement? Love requires alot of work. When a relationship fails or is in trouble you have to examine the role you played not just blame the other. Communication is a must! Even if it's an argument you use it as an opportunity to learn and gain understanding of your mate.

I wish you well in gaining understanding

My wife started acting up for unknown reason and now she does not want to continue with the CR-1 visa application no more,wanting a divorce or just friends.I'm at the last stage before I'm called for interview but asked to submit an original marriage certificate after she mistakenly sent a copy and now she wont send the original.What do I do because I still love her so much.

You can always write to the embassy to reschedule the interview while you try to work things out. If things don't work out eventually Pick yourself up & move on...

Sure about that? Maybe this has been going on longer than your thought? Sorry.

If you go to in with this while your wife is divorcing you you will not likely manage to keep a green card. If you marriage is less than 2 years you would have a hard time for ROC ( even with a divorce waiver ) if you don't ever have a married life in the US. If the divorce is filed before you enter , then your entry is fraudulant. Move on if the relationship is over. If it recovers you can reapply. Don't risk a lifetime ban, it isn't worth it.

Like everyone already said there must be reason for her behavior. Have you been arguing or is there a communication issue. Everyone who has gone through and is currently going through this process knows how mentally and physically tasking it can be. It is important that you find out what the problem is, without the petitioner and the needed documents you cannot proceed. It is a good idea to reschedule your interview while you work to resolve things. Good Luck.

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.