Captain Ewok

IR1 / CR1 General Guides and Info

151 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

i have a question, my I-130 and I-129f were approved 2 days apart. what happens now? i see other people have iv bills and aos bills, will that apply to me, my wife is in cameroon and i am here in the usa. and as for the I-864, can i just fill one out and send it to her like with the I-134 or do i have to wait for NVC to send me one. i am a citizen. also, do i have to pick the k3 visa over the i-130 or does one automatically default to the other?

please help.

i have a question, my I-130 and I-129f were approved 2 days apart. what happens now? i see other people have iv bills and aos bills, will that apply to me, my wife is in cameroon and i am here in the usa. and as for the I-864, can i just fill one out and send it to her like with the I-134 or do i have to wait for NVC to send me one. i am a citizen. also, do i have to pick the k3 visa over the i-130 or does one automatically default to the other?

please help.

Hi junior05

You are best off posting this in the general CR-1 forum, not to a pinned thread as you will not get the responses.

Congrats on your approvals.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My I-129F was approved on July 28, 2006. I called the NVC and they haven't received it yet. They told me to call back in 30 days. My I-130 was approved July 19. So my question is - I want my husband here the fastest that I can and I understand that I don't have to decide right now which way I want to go (CR1 or the K3). So when my CR1 stuff starts coming through I have to pay money for a couple of things. And if the K3 is sent to the Embassy and we get an interviw, obviously we will be going that route. So with the money that I've already sent for the I-30, am I just out that money?

05.02.2008 - Sent AOS & EAD package to Chicago.

05.04.2008 - Package recieved in Chicago.

05.09.2008 – Received NOA's.

06.04.2008 - Biometrics appt.

07.25.08 - Work Permission Received in Mail

07.28.08 - Applied for Social Security Number

08.04.08 - Received Social Security Number in Mail

09.29.08 - Started job

01.29.09 - AOS Interview

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

:no:Hi there, my name is MC just want to ask if I have my LPR petition to my husband and since the visa is not yet available in embassy abroad, is it possible I could file my US Citizen instead? since I've been over 5 years here. Then later on will upgrade my petition to my husband??

Please advice. . . thanks a lot for all the response. . .

May God Bless you always!

MC

Edited by chie1423

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
:no:Hi there, my name is MC just want to ask if I have my LPR petition to my husband and since the visa is not yet available in embassy abroad, is it possible I could file my US Citizen instead? since I've been over 5 years here. Then later on will upgrade my petition to my husband??

Please advice. . . thanks a lot for all the response. . .

May God Bless you always!

MC

If you filed an I-130 while you are an LPR and you then become a citizen, you may upgrade your petition with the NVC and a visa number becomes immediately available.

If you have been an LPR for 5+ years, you may be eligible to apply for US citizenship.

At a recent oath ceremony, the petition upgrade process was covered for the new citizens.

Review the Guide to Naturalization and see if you are eligible to apply! :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

Hi Meauxna,

Thanks a lot, May God Bless You. . . having 3 kids and away from my husband was so hard for me. It's a lot of hardship/sacrifices. Being away from my husband was really really hard, my kids are all grown up now, and I wish may God Bless Us and guide us, my only wish is having my family reunited. I just went home two times one when we got married, and the second one was in 2004 when we celebrated our kids' birthday and having party, together with their Dad (my husband) and relatives.

Thanks again,

MC

Edited by chie1423

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello

can u help me out about DS230

i m the beneficiary in india and i mailed the DS230 to my husband before NVC sent us one.

so can anyone tell me if this can be mailed to NVC or do we need to send the one sent by NVC

ur help is invaluable n will be appreciated

thankz

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Begin by understanding what your visa options really are.

Click here to view the IR-1 / CR-1 Guide or check out the Guides Section for more helpful information on Spousal Visa's, as well as other visa types that apply depending on where you and your spouse currently reside.

Once you file you will have several options available to track your case.

As a note: This visa option is automatically applied for by K-3 applicants when they file the I-130 (part of the K-3 process). Historically the K-3 was used to allow the US Citizens spouse to enter the US faster than waiting for the I-130 to be approved (since that used to take a long time). Recent reductions in processing times have allowed I-130's to be approved quick enough that the IR1/CR1 visa process has been a quicker and better option for K-3 applicants. If this happens the K-3 applicant can abandon the K-3 route and persue the IR1/CR1 instead.

Hi,

I just wana to know after NVC completes IR1/CR1 case and sends to embassy mine will be Islamabad, Pakistan embassy:

What steps embassy takes like what pakeges it sends and how long between each one and what each pakege content please help me to know I just wana to have rough idea Thanks

Hi,

I just wana to know after NVC completes IR1/CR1 case and sends to embassy mine will be Islamabad, Pakistan embassy:

What steps embassy takes like what pakeges it sends and how long between each one and what each pakege content please help me to know I just wana to have rough idea Thanks

I have no idea on how long it takes the consulate to send your interview packet once they have your case, but you can click on one of the below links to find out what is generally required to 'Obtain' for the interview, depending on the country you are from. If you come under the first link, you are required to submit mostly everything at the NVC stage. The bottom link is for those only required to submit DS-230 part 1 and a photocopy of the biographics page of the applicants passport; and lists everything that should be 'Obtained' for the interview.

You will also receive information pertaining to getting a medical. You will also be required to have evidence of an ongoing bonafide relationship/marriage.

Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applicants (applying in Albania, Canada, Lebanon, Philippines, Turkey, United Arab Emirates or on the continent of Africa)

When one is required to submit both parts 1 & II and all documents listed in the above link, the NVC reviews all documents and schedules the interview. Part 1 should only be signed not part II as that has to be signed at the interview stage in front of the conof.

Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applicants (NOT applying in Albania, Canada, Lebanon, Philippines, Turkey, United Arab Emirates or on the continent of Africa)

When one is only required to submit DS-230 part 1 and a copy of the biographics page of the passport, the consulate will schedule the interview.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
Hello

can u help me out about DS230

i m the beneficiary in india and i mailed the DS230 to my husband before NVC sent us one.

so can anyone tell me if this can be mailed to NVC or do we need to send the one sent by NVC

ur help is invaluable n will be appreciated

thankz

I hope you should have the answer by now, but in case not.

Yes your husband can send DS230 to NVC signed by you in original with photocopy of your passport bigraphic pages and the barcode sheet having your case barcode etc. (it is available through Jame's Shortcuts)

--------------------

Timeline

USCIS

I-130

05-Jan-2006: NOA for I130

05-Jun-2006: I130 approved

NVC

29-Jul-06: NVC Case Number Assigned

04-Oct-06: I-864 delivered to NVC

26-Oct-06: IV Fee received by NVC

06-Nov-06: Mailed DS-230

07-Nov-06: NVC receives DS-230 at 11:10am

13-Nov-06: NVC entered Ds-230 in system

15-Dec-06: NVC case completed

19-Dec-06: NVC Sent the case to New Delhi

US Embassy New Delhi

22-Dec-06:Recieved the Package from NVC

29-Dec-06:Marked the Package recieved

13-Jan-07 :Clearance Complete

25-Jan-07 :Mailed packet 4 to Beneficiaries

25-Jan-07 :Scheduled for Interviews for March 20th & March 21st.

21-Mar-07 :Interview

28-Mar-07 :Visa mailed home

03-Jun-07 : Migrated to USA

• 3 months later...
Filed: Country: China
Timeline
:wacko:

Situation and Question: My husband is in Canada and I moved to Canada to live with him four months after we married. We couldn't stand being apart anymore. So, we just received the I-130 approval before the I-129f, still not received approval yet. We learned that the CR-1/IR-1 is automatically defaulted when applying for the I-130. How long does it take from sending out the fees for the bills of the AOS and Immigrant Visa application fee? Do we get the I-864 packet after this? Initinally, when and how long do we have to wait before the personal interview in Montreal? If approved, do they give a same day visa for entry into the US?

Do you think that I will be denied if I am living with my husband with no U.S. physical address?

I think that you will be denied because your husband have no domicile.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Really New here sorry ......, we filed I-130 with Montreal, we both Live here in Calgary ( US wife, Canadian husband - Married 17 Years)

I -130 all approved but, (except interview) delayed due to Adam Walsh Act , They have to sent our files to somewhere ( montreal people did not know where) somewhere in USA to have my US wife sercuity checked ( this is a Laugh if you knew my wife)..

They did not know how long this would take and could not advise me... Anyone know ??

Question , I can not use the file number Montreal uses re our case as it is not accepted on USCIS ( check you case site) ??? Starts with MTL

What does ever one mean when i see touched in thier timelines??

Colin

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2faws.gif Colin & Anne Wilson 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Consulate : DCF / IR-1: Calgary / Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 1990-05-12

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-08

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-08-16

I-130 Approved : 2007-02-06

Packet 3 Received : 2006-08-16

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-08-31

Packet 3 Recieved : 2006-09-06

Adam Walsh ( USCIS approved)

Calgary Visa Medical Completed: 2007-04-18

Calgary Xray & Blood Test Done: 2007-04-19

Packet 4 Received : 2007-05-14

Interview Date : 2007-06-13 ( Done)

Temporary reject!!

" No Canadian Assets Or continuing Canadian funds can be counted even if it is

well above Poverty Limit. require a US Sponcer..

New I 864 Sent to Montreal June 20/07 vis UPS

Now Waiting for Montreal Processing time again... they say 10 Days turn around ..

But when I called June 28/07 they said that there is a 2 week Back mail delay..

MY MY God !!!

July 16, 2007 Montreals says Visa Being printed tommorrow..

Visa Received : July 19,2007

US Entry : Aug 29/07

Really New here sorry ......, we filed I-130 with Montreal, we both Live here in Calgary ( US wife, Canadian husband - Married 17 Years)

I -130 all approved but, (except interview) delayed due to Adam Walsh Act , They have to sent our files to somewhere ( montreal people did not know where) somewhere in USA to have my US wife sercuity checked ( this is a Laugh if you knew my wife)..

They did not know how long this would take and could not advise me... Anyone know ??

Question , I can not use the file number Montreal uses re our case as it is not accepted on USCIS ( check you case site) ??? Starts with MTL

What does ever one mean when i see touched in thier timelines??

Colin

A case can only be checked with the USCIS case status online at the petition stage when filed at a USCIS service center in the US. Yours wasn't. You also wouldn't be able to check case status with NVC (National Visa Center) as your case did not go through them.

I'm sorry I can't help you with a time frame on how long this background/security check will take. It will take as long as it takes.

'Touched' - When there is a date change on a case status online, this is referred to as a touch. Just means that something happened with your case, even if it was just being moved from one pile to another.

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hi there, I am in IR1 Category since I received yesterday the packet for the DS230 Part 1 and 2, from the letter they said we need to submit the form and checked also from the NVC Website to submit also the civil documents like birth cert, marriage cert, police clearance, etc. . . my question is do we need to submit all these documents together with the DS230 Form that we need to fill up??

Please help us. . . your response will really appreciated.

MC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.