• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum I guess I can give a little background

June 29, 2007- Married my husband in Morocco

July 16, 2007- Mailed the I-130

July 17, 2007- Touched

July 24, 2007 No reply yet

Does anyone know how long it will take before my husband can get here to America. What is the average wait time. This is overwhelming....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You can check the timelines from the people who are requesting CR1/IR1 visas from Morocco and who are going through your service center. That should give you an idea of how long it would take for your case since every embassy works differently.

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

• 1 month later...
Hi there, I am in IR1 Category since I received yesterday the packet for the DS230 Part 1 and 2, from the letter they said we need to submit the form and checked also from the NVC Website to submit also the civil documents like birth cert, marriage cert, police clearance, etc. . . my question is do we need to submit all these documents together with the DS230 Form that we need to fill up??

Please help us. . . your response will really appreciated.

MC

hi MC

i think we've go the same problm here... for me the DS230 was sent back to my husband/agent in US saying that there's an unasnwered item.. and by this time they are asking the sam civil documents together with the DS230..

i'm hir in manila as well, but i haven't received any packets but my husband did so im relying on what he recieves..

could somebody here help us please?

may god bless you..

@jayzar.

Yes, that's right. You are required to submit all those documents with your DS230 along with the ff civil documents: marriage certificate, borth certificate, marraige termination documentation, police and NBI clearance, photocopy of the valid passport bigraphic data page.

As for the missing information, NVC will be sending you a letter that will describe the error or what you have missed out.

Hi there, I am in IR1 Category since I received yesterday the packet for the DS230 Part 1 and 2, from the letter they said we need to submit the form and checked also from the NVC Website to submit also the civil documents like birth cert, marriage cert, police clearance, etc. . . my question is do we need to submit all these documents together with the DS230 Form that we need to fill up??

Please help us. . . your response will really appreciated.

MC

hi MC

i think we've go the same problm here... for me the DS230 was sent back to my husband/agent in US saying that there's an unasnwered item.. and by this time they are asking the sam civil documents together with the DS230..

i'm hir in manila as well, but i haven't received any packets but my husband did so im relying on what he recieves..

could somebody here help us please?

may god bless you..

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

• 3 weeks later...

How do you know if you have been touched if you have not received an NAO 1? I have seen people who have submitted materials at the same time, who seem to have a faster response.

Also, my senator's office told me that the NVC is backed up 16 months. The timetables here do not seem to reflect that, and I was a bit skeptical about how much the person speaking to me knew.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi all, my wife had her visa interview at the Consulate in Guangzhou two days ago. She told me the consulate officer was extremely doubtful of the validity of our marriage and was given a blue form (Essentially asking us to provide additional supporting evidence).

Has this happened to anyone before? How have you handled such a situation? Your responses are GREATLY appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

hi all, my name is tom and i married my wife in april in the philippines. when i got back i filed her I-130 both our G-325a bio forms with pics, and sent pics and other copies of receipts and bills. i got my receipt dated june 15th. now my question is this. for the I-864 i had read on another site that i did not have to send it in with this application and they will ask for it later. is this true? if not true i guess i need to send it in right away. also what are the next steps involved? so much info out there is outdated or not true but so far this site is very up to date. also what is nao1 and nao 2?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
hi all, my name is tom and i married my wife in april in the philippines. when i got back i filed her I-130 both our G-325a bio forms with pics, and sent pics and other copies of receipts and bills. i got my receipt dated june 15th. now my question is this. for the I-864 i had read on another site that i did not have to send it in with this application and they will ask for it later. is this true? if not true i guess i need to send it in right away. also what are the next steps involved? so much info out there is outdated or not true but so far this site is very up to date. also what is nao1 and nao 2?

Yes it is true, they will ask for it later.

Have you checked out the IR1/CR1 guide here on visa journey? http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide1

It outlines the steps. Once you have read this you can check out the NVC flowchart from the guides page http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Pr...wchart_v1-2.pdf.

Also, you will get more responses if you post in the main IR1/CR1 forum instead of in this thread. To do this, when you are looking at the forum, click on Start New Topic.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi im new in this. My husband is a legal permanent resident and he want to start the procedure. What visa we need cuz in the guide says only for Us citizen but not for LPR. Please I need information , I dont know to much the language, if anyone talk spanish is much better to me, very very thank you. :thumbs::thumbs:

Filed: Country: Wales
Timeline
Hi im new in this. My husband is a legal permanent resident and he want to start the procedure. What visa we need cuz in the guide says only for Us citizen but not for LPR. Please I need information , I dont know to much the language, if anyone talk spanish is much better to me, very very thank you. :thumbs::thumbs:

If your husband is not a US citizen yet, then he can file for you only in F2-1 category. There is an annual limitation of visas in this category. Due to the annual limit there is a long waiting list before your visa/greencard can be issued. Currently they are approving people who applied in October 15, 1998 (9 years wait)

He first has to apply at USCIS. Ones his petition is approved by USCIS it will be forwarded to NVC. But NVC will not do any further action on your case until you get through the waiting list sometimes in 2016. Then you will have your visa/greencard approved.

If your husband becomes US citizen in the meantime he can notify NVC about it. NVC will immediatelly convert the case to IR-1 and will continue to process it. There is no waiting list in IR-1 category.

Edited by Zil

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Hi,

The I-130 visa petition my husband made has just been approved and I have just been given the documents to go to the next step. They've given me an "FPU Preliminary Interview Form" and the instructions say I have to return the form to their office before following the other instructions attached (which I believe is the instructions for Medical Certificate, Police Report, etc). I just want to make sure of a few things:

1) Should I fill in the FPU Preliminary Interview form first before initiating any trips to the doctor's they stated? Because the process takes a week, and I figure I could have a head start.

2) (This is connected to the first question) Should I just complete and send the FPU form before getting the other required documents? If so, what is the purpose of the FPU Preliminary Interview form, and why do I have to submit that first?

3) I am from HK and the rest of the instructions tell me to assemble all the documents in support of my application, then mail the "Form DS2001 - HNK" and Document Checklist. From what I understand, I should just assemble the required documents, then put a check on the appropriate box in the checklist, then mail the DS2001 - HNK form (which looks to be basically a statement saying everything is ready) as well as the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit. Could anyone confirm this for me? :)

4) Which name should I use? I haven't legally changed my last name yet to my married name in my passport, but I am in the process of doing that. I want to use my married name in my visa if I get it, so we've tried to file my forms for my married name because the lady at the inquiries counter said it would be OK even if my name hasn't been changed in my passport yet. But when I received the instructions, it told me that my case was being filed under my maiden name. And what's more confusing is that in my husband's letter from the Department of Homeland Security, the name of the beneficiary (which is me) is my married name. I am so confused. I really don't want to mess up. Please help!

Thanks in advance! I'm just SO conscious of trying not to make a mistake! >.<

Regards,

Candice

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Begin by understanding what your visa options really are.

Click here to view the IR-1 / CR-1 Guide or check out the Guides Section for more helpful information on Spousal Visa's, as well as other visa types that apply depending on where you and your spouse currently reside.

Once you file you will have several options available to track your case.

As a note: This visa option is automatically applied for by K-3 applicants when they file the I-130 (part of the K-3 process). Historically the K-3 was used to allow the US Citizens spouse to enter the US faster than waiting for the I-130 to be approved (since that used to take a long time). Recent reductions in processing times have allowed I-130's to be approved quick enough that the IR1/CR1 visa process has been a quicker and better option for K-3 applicants. If this happens the K-3 applicant can abandon the K-3 route and persue the IR1/CR1 instead.

please help me out by answering my qestions, that 2 days back i have track my case status ,and they say that my I129f petition is approved and the notice has been sent to me. now that i ahve already send my DS230 form along with the certified copies i mean xerox with notary on it to the NVC people. why are they approving now my I129 petition , afetr such along time. is this a general way or what.

what does that I129 approved now means, does it mean that they are sending my ntervew package is my case complete or what,. plz mbit confused. plz xplain me .my actuall visa processing started on 2 march07 since then im just waiting for the visa to be approved.

plz answert my questoins, and if u have no knowldedge about this, plz send to the people u know can beter reply me as im new on this site. ill be thankful to yuo. thankyou

• 2 weeks later...

We just received our interview notice in the mail. I'm so excited! Does this mean we get the visa during the interview or do we have to wait more after? I know people have gone to the interview in the states and they told me they stamp the passport on the spot. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.