23 posts in this topic

Hi everybody i need some advice about what to do in this case, this the story i submitted my aos package including i130 and i765 and all the other documentation about sponsor and medical examination everything fine until i realize we didnt include any evidence of bonafide marriage for the i130 we are afraid now because we dont want any rfe or noid because it will delay the process and we are in a hurry waiting for the work permit bc in this moment we are living in separate states me(beneficiary) in new york and my wife(petitioner) in florida, i know it looks weird that we are not living together or even that we dont have a joint bank account but we can not do that before i get my ead because i need it to move to florida there is difficult to get a job that pay cash or the transportation without a car if you dont have a driver license in florida so i think we have a vallid reason. can anyone give us an advice, will we get a noid or rfe??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 minutes ago, blaxkill said:

Hi everybody i need some advice about what to do in this case, this the story i submitted my aos package including i130 and i765 and all the other documentation about sponsor and medical examination everything fine until i realize we didnt include any evidence of bonafide marriage for the i130 we are afraid now because we dont want any rfe or noid because it will delay the process and we are in a hurry waiting for the work permit bc in this moment we are living in separate states me(beneficiary) in new york and my wife(petitioner) in florida, i know it looks weird that we are not living together or even that we dont have a joint bank account but we can not do that before i get my ead because i need it to move to florida there is difficult to get a job that pay cash or the transportation without a car if you dont have a driver license in florida so i think we have a vallid reason. can anyone give us an advice, will we get a noid or rfe??

I can't say whether or not they would give you those. I think if anything, its likely that you'd get an RFE. It does delay your case, but it isn't always the end of the world. In regards to evidence, are either of you on the same insurance policy (health, life, or car)? That is what my husband and I used and it was fine. 

1 minute ago, karice said:

I can't say whether or not they would give you those. I think if anything, its likely that you'd get an RFE. It does delay your case, but it isn't always the end of the world. In regards to evidence, are either of you on the same insurance policy (health, life, or car)? That is what my husband and I used and it was fine. 

No because i dont have a social security number :/

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Based on your description,  it’s highly likely you will get an RFE. While you think you have a valid reason of not having evidences of bonafide marriage, the reviewing officer might have a valid reason to doubt your marriage having not seen any evidences. 

Apart from the marriage certificate, what else did you submit regarding marriage? 

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

1 minute ago, arken said:

Based on your description,  it’s highly likely you will get an RFE. While you think you have a valid reason of not having evidences of bonafide marriage, the reviewing officer might have a valid reason to doubt your marriage having not seen any evidences. 

Apart from the marriage certificate, what else did you submit regarding marriage? 

just the marriage certificate :/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, blaxkill said:

No because i dont have a social security number :/

I didn't either when I got on my husbands insurance policies. He explained to them the case we were in, and they allowed us a temporary addition, and they would follow up for a social security number in three months. I dont know if it would work for you, but its worth a try. And as far as I'm aware, a SSN was not needed to be added as a life insurance beneficiary. 

Do you have any wedding cards addressed to the both of you with a signifcant amount written in them? We provided some of those as well. Also, we included support letters from a variety of people, and that helped I think. 

1 minute ago, karice said:

I didn't either when I got on my husbands insurance policies. He explained to them the case we were in, and they allowed us a temporary addition, and they would follow up for a social security number in three months. I dont know if it would work for you, but its worth a try. And as far as I'm aware, a SSN was not needed to be added as a life insurance beneficiary. 

Do you have any wedding cards addressed to the both of you with a signifcant amount written in them? We provided some of those as well. Also, we included support letters from a variety of people, and that helped I think. 

well i will try to tell her to add me to her insurance about the wedding cards we got some cards from family members and i have sent some money to my wife helping her to pay her baby's daycare so i got the western union receipts and like 4 round tickets of her visits to new york after we got married in august (we can not afford more plane tickets we are tight on money) we have photos together and photos of the wedding that is all we have by now

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
12 minutes ago, blaxkill said:

just the marriage certificate :/

In that case, i suggest you get ready to receive the RFE and start gathering whatever evidences you could get like any evidences of you two being together before and after marriage, marriage photos, communication correspondences, any travels, gifts....

Your wife can also add you as beneficiary in her bank account. 

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

24 minutes ago, blaxkill said:

well i will try to tell her to add me to her insurance about the wedding cards we got some cards from family members and i have sent some money to my wife helping her to pay her baby's daycare so i got the western union receipts and like 4 round tickets of her visits to new york after we got married in august (we can not afford more plane tickets we are tight on money) we have photos together and photos of the wedding that is all we have by now

Why not move with her and the care of the baby?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

you are unable to work with no EAD or SS number

how do you afford to stay in NY?

move to Florida,  live together and problam solved

there is no reason to stay there if you can not work

1 minute ago, Lemonslice said:

Why not move with her and the care of the baby?

Bc is hard to get a job there if you dont have a work permit and i already overtayed my visa so its a big risk to go there before i get my ead plus if you dont have a car there you are screwed, so we are just waiting for the work permit she is currently looking for a place for us.

2 minutes ago, kris&me said:

you are unable to work with no EAD or SS number

how do you afford to stay in NY?

move to Florida,  live together and problam solved

there is no reason to stay there if you can not work

in new york is very easy to get a job that can pay in cash.

5 minutes ago, blaxkill said:

Bc is hard to get a job there if you dont have a work permit and i already overtayed my visa so its a big risk to go there before i get my ead plus if you dont have a car there you are screwed, so we are just waiting for the work permit she is currently looking for a place for us.

in new york is very easy to get a job that can pay in cash.

You are currently not allowed to work, not in Florida, not in New York.  Cost of life is much cheaper in Florida and you can take care of the baby.  

4 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

You are currently not allowed to work, not in Florida, not in New York.  Cost of life is much cheaper in Florida and you can take care of the baby.  

i know that already,but even if i move there and help her taking care of the baby we probable wont be able to pay for an apartment only with her job

3 minutes ago, blaxkill said:

i know that already,but even if i move there and help her taking care of the baby we probable wont be able to pay for an apartment only with her job

Sorry, I do not understand. Sharing a space would still be cheaper. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.