Ahmed_ali3

Interview after case reaffirmed can be denied again?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello

our case got reafirmed and I go to my interview , so many qoustions giving by the CO , when interview over the co say we will call you and tell you our descision , they don’t keep my passport , 

please need help is that good or bad ?

married on 2011 we know each other from 2008 with proof that co don’t ask to see this time only photos ....

thanks

Well, it's not as good as it would have been if they'd kept your passport to put the visa in, but you just have to accept what they said at face value: that they will let you know their decision.

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

Timeline
4 minutes ago, nightingalejules said:

Well, it's not as good as it would have been if they'd kept your passport to put the visa in, but you just have to accept what they said at face value: that they will let you know their decision.

Last time they keep my passport and still they denied the case ...

Short answer: yes, it can be denied again.

Longer answer: They are not supposed to refuse the visa for the same reason. Many reaffirmed petitions result in an approval the second time in the cases I've seen. But it's possible they could discover a new ineligibility (or a new reason for the same ineligibility).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, geowrian said:

Short answer: yes, it can be denied again.

Longer answer: They are not supposed to refuse the visa for the same reason. Many reaffirmed petitions result in an approval the second time in the cases I've seen. But it's possible they could discover a new ineligibility (or a new reason for the same ineligibility).

The same SPECIFIC reason, no.  But if they have additional evidence the relationship is for immigration purposes only, they can still deny twice on lack of evidence of bona fides etc. as long as they have new specifics to back it up.

If you couldn't be denied, there would be no interview.  The Consulate would just ask for the passport to be sent in so they could issue and affix the visa.  USCIS does not issue visas.  Consular Immigrant Visa Units issue this kind of visa and have the final say.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

26 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

The same SPECIFIC reason, no.  But if they have additional evidence the relationship is for immigration purposes only, they can still deny twice on lack of evidence of bona fides etc. as long as they have new specifics to back it up.

Exactly..hence the "or a new reason for the same ineligibility". :)

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

they don't have same reasons 

first interview:   they said she had not been with him in last 2 years / she had been to morocco just months before interview for an extended stay / she proved this

there's is an age difference and casa doesn't like this but it is not as big a difference as mine and i know how to fight this and she did

this interview:   they did say he would be alone at home when she went to work  / seems like that is normal for a newly arrived beneficary / at least till his green card allows him to work

Timeline
4 hours ago, pushbrk said:

If you couldn't be denied, there would be no interview.  The Consulate would just ask for the passport to be sent in so they could issue and affix the visa.  USCIS does not issue visas.  Consular Immigrant Visa Units issue this kind of visa and have the final say.

thanks

but i got asked some questions from my last interview again , and the co he tell me that to, he say we ask you this question on your last interview , and i did answer , on casablanca consulate there one room called room 7 this where they take people for long interview i been in this room almost 3 times before from 2009 we really dont know what we can do , they always can and give any reason , our marriage are strong and this why we still togather almost 10 years now , the problem how can the CO denied 10 years relationship in 30 min ? that not fair 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

they don't have same reasons 

first interview:   they said she had not been with him in last 2 years / she had been to morocco just months before interview for an extended stay / she proved this

there's is an age difference and casa doesn't like this but it is not as big a difference as mine and i know how to fight this and she did

this interview:   they did say he would be alone at home when she went to work  / seems like that is normal for a newly arrived beneficary / at least till his green card allows him to work

thanks 

yes you right , my wife also fight this , and this why our case got reaffirmed .
first i got i question say what is the meaning of your wife name ? and who give her this name? 
her mother she original from where ? ( my wife mother she died when my wife she still young have almost 6 to 7 yers) 
and did you talk to your wife last night ? if yes what food she eat ? 
this just some of alot questions i got from the CO ...

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Ahmed_ali3 said:

thanks

but i got asked some questions from my last interview again , and the co he tell me that to, he say we ask you this question on your last interview , and i did answer , on casablanca consulate there one room called room 7 this where they take people for long interview i been in this room almost 3 times before from 2009 we really dont know what we can do , they always can and give any reason , our marriage are strong and this why we still togather almost 10 years now , the problem how can the CO denied 10 years relationship in 30 min ? that not fair 

You are the one in the room with him and the one in the relationship.  So, you know the answer to your question better than anybody else ever could.  There's very little about this process that seems fair.  It's a waste of time and emotion to dwell on that.  Nobody is perfect, but there IS  lot of immigration fraud seen by the Immigrant Visa Unit in Casablanca.  Sometimes if your relationship and answers fall into a pattern that looks like fraud, they'll think it is, even if it isn't.  Think back to mistakes in judgment that you have made (like we all do) and you'll understand.  They don't always get it right but they do more often than not.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
18 hours ago, Ahmed_ali3 said:

Last time they keep my passport and still they denied the case ...

when USCIS sent you the notice that they got your petition. What did they say was the reason of the denial>?

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

What do you mean since 2009?  Something with the dates doesn’t seem clear.  Have you been petitioned by someone else or applied for a tourist visa?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, No-Where-Man said:

when USCIS sent you the notice that they got your petition. What did they say was the reason of the denial>?

our case was on AP for 18 month before its got reaffirmed, and the reason of the denied is that i dont know my wife well and also i dont know how to usa tax work , we know there many people are usa citizen and they dont know how to do tax untill they pay someone to do it for them ...

Timeline
10 minutes ago, I&A/T said:

What do you mean since 2009?  Something with the dates doesn’t seem clear.  Have you been petitioned by someone else or applied for a tourist visa?

on 2009 We apply for K1 visa and got denied then we married on 2011 And apply for the CR1 And we got Administrative Processing for 221(g) ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.