6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello, everyone! :)

I have a question about a Request for Initial Evidence letter we received yesterday. We are filing for an adjustment of status (I-485) for my husband, who immigrated to the U.S. with a K-1 visa. All of the requested documentation in the RIE letter was provided during our initial filing, so I am not really sure how to proceed from here. The letter stated that we needed to provide the following: 

1. A copy of my husband's birth certificate with a certified translation: a copy of my husband's Iranian birth certificate containing city of birth, his parents' names and their cities of birth, and the copy of the certified English translation (sealed and stamped) had all been sent. 

2. Supporting tax documentation: I submitted a tax transcript for 2016, based on recommendations to use this instead of a tax return. I still included a copy of my W-2. I also explained that I had not filed taxes in 2015 and 2014, since I was a full time student (I am now a part time student). I also provided a copy of From 1098E from 2015 that my school had sent to me, as proof of being a student. 

3. Evidence of assets to prove we meet 125% of the poverty guidelines: Since I had only been employed for 6 months when I filed my 2016 taxes, my total income did not meet the poverty guidelines. However, I provided 6 months worth of pay stubs as well as a letter for my employer confirming my salary (which DOES meet the poverty guidelines). I also included a letter from my bank that reflected my account balance over a 12 month period. 

Any guidance and suggestions will be greatly appreciated! ^_^ Thank you in advance for your help!! 

It's a beautiful day to go after your dreams :star:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

it is almost getting normal now for USCIS to ask for documents already sent

seems they are bombarded with paperwork and things are getting separted and lost

when u send in the new documents, put the case #, both names and both DOB's in upper right hand corner of each and everyone 

be sure to include the cover page with bar code 

and send in one mailing / u take a chance that all will get to the right place if not sent at same time

seems what you sent was adequate just resubmit

write a cover letter about the income as it is only for 6 months

On 10/7/2017 at 12:01 PM, adil-rafa said:

it is almost getting normal now for USCIS to ask for documents already sent

seems they are bombarded with paperwork and things are getting separted and lost

when u send in the new documents, put the case #, both names and both DOB's in upper right hand corner of each and everyone 

be sure to include the cover page with bar code 

and send in one mailing / u take a chance that all will get to the right place if not sent at same time

seems what you sent was adequate just resubmit

write a cover letter about the income as it is only for 6 months

Thank you so much for your help! I'll be sure to add the case number, names, etc. to the corner of each document as you suggested. Here's hoping all goes well this time!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I am not surprised at all that USCIS has lost paperwork you clearly and most definately already submitted. We got an RFIE for our marriage certificate. Are you kidding me? That is like #1 important piece of paper you’re submitting when you’re a K1! USCIS continues to astound me with their inefficiency.

All you can do is curse them silently and resubmit all these things you already sent. Sucks! I emphathize. 

------------------------------

2016-11-02 Filed I-129F

2016-11-04 NOA1

2017-02-02 NOA2

2017-03-03 Rec'd by NVC

2017-03-06 Assigned NVC #

2017-03-07 Left NVC

2017-03-09 Rec'd by Consulate

2017-03-20 Medical

2017-04-20 Interview

2017-04-27 Visa issued

Timeline

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:13 PM, S & D said:

I am not surprised at all that USCIS has lost paperwork you clearly and most definately already submitted. We got an RFIE for our marriage certificate. Are you kidding me? That is like #1 important piece of paper you’re submitting when you’re a K1! USCIS continues to astound me with their inefficiency.

All you can do is curse them silently and resubmit all these things you already sent. Sucks! I emphathize. 

Wow, RIE on a marriage certificate?! Yikes...:wacko: Thanks for your input!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 10/16/2017 at 2:39 PM, lyra14 said:

Wow, RIE on a marriage certificate?! Yikes...:wacko: Thanks for your input!

Today they finally updated to “Request for evidence was rec’d”. Took 3 weeks for them to update the status after I got the FedEx notification they signed for it. Moving at a snails pace.

------------------------------

2016-11-02 Filed I-129F

2016-11-04 NOA1

2017-02-02 NOA2

2017-03-03 Rec'd by NVC

2017-03-06 Assigned NVC #

2017-03-07 Left NVC

2017-03-09 Rec'd by Consulate

2017-03-20 Medical

2017-04-20 Interview

2017-04-27 Visa issued

Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.