53 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys

I applied for EAD + Green card on 17th of November 2016. I got RFE on i485 on 12 DEC, 2016. sent the required documents back to USCIS on 1 january. 
Status change 3 January "Received the documents.
Raised service request on 31 January about EAD because it was 75th day. I got response back from them on 7th, Feb 2017 that I should receive the decision shortly. 
Its 90th days today since I have submitted my case and still no change in the status. 

Can anybody help me here what should I do?
Is there anybody who filled for EAD same dates 17th Nov 2016?

Its been too long wait. :/

thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My timelin is almost identical to yours except we have not done a service request yet.  Our EAD/AP still says received 11/17/16.  I'm hoping to hear something next week.  If not I'll put in a service request.  

You can try another service request or just wait it out.  You should see an update soon though. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I filed on 16th November... Biometrics done on 29th December.  

I also have not had an update so I called USCIS yesterday (90th day) to put in a case inquiry.  The response I received was "Your case is under review.  You should receive a decision or notice of other action shortly."  

It's such a painful wait.  I also have somewhat of a family situation back in Canada that I should be there for but there is no way I was jeopardizing anything by travelling and hoping the AP would come through and my husband could FedEx to me so I could come back.

Just gotta wait it out and hope it comes soon. 

I've used the time to do an updated resume as I was advised by a friend that American companies prefer a short and sweet version rather than the 3 page CV I had back in Canada. 

I am also almost identical to you.

Nov 16 - File was received.

Dec 20 - RFE for initial evidence

Dec 28 - RFE response received and accepted. 

It's been 94 days for me.

However, you should know that if the RFE was for initial evidence, the 90 days timeline reset to the day they received the response.

That puts me back to 51 days.

It seems for most people that is doesn't completely reset their case but it does delay it a few weeks.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Davidblunt said:

I am also almost identical to you.

Nov 16 - File was received.

Dec 20 - RFE for initial evidence

Dec 28 - RFE response received and accepted. 

It's been 94 days for me.

However, you should know that if the RFE was for initial evidence, the 90 days timeline reset to the day they received the response.

That puts me back to 51 days.

It seems for most people that is doesn't completely reset their case but it does delay it a few weeks.

I also got RFE but my RFE was on I485 not I765 thats the difference. I you get a RFE on I765 then your processing stops and it resumes the day they receive the RFE response from you. 
Cross your finger, you'll get EAD very soon may be in a week or two. 

My RFE was for I-485 and I was told by uscis and read online that any rfe for initial evidence on a supporting application also resets it.

That's the official line that I have heard. However, looking at timelines, etc. I believe that it just "pauses" it.

Do remeber to come back here and post when you receive it. I will do the same :)

We submitted for EAD at time of AOS submission in July, received a intitial RFE on August 24th, which we sent information back for within the week. The EAD came through on December 27th, so waited a total of 160 odd days. It was a very long wait, and towards the end we just kept calling. We never received an update, but one day - case status was updated on the site, and the card came through. It appears the initial RFE really set back out timeline. 

Edited by Laura and Mike
date misquoted

16 minutes ago, Laura and Mike said:

We submitted for EAD at time of AOS submission in July, received a intitial RFE on August 24th, which we sent information back for within the week. The EAD came through on December 27th, so waited a total of 160 odd days. It was a very long wait, and towards the end we just kept calling. We never received an update, but one day - case status was updated on the site, and the card came through. It appears the initial RFE really set back out timeline. 

Wow that is very long.

What was the RFE for please? What's it for the EAD itself?

Also, when did you start calling?

Thanks.

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Davidblunt said:

My RFE was for I-485 and I was told by uscis and read online that any rfe for initial evidence on a supporting application also resets it.

That's the official line that I have heard. However, looking at timelines, etc. I believe that it just "pauses" it.

Do remeber to come back here and post when you receive it. I will do the same :)

I read a lot of places that RFE on I485 doesnt delay EAD.
I will surely post it here its 92nd day for me. 
Too much wait already :/

25 minutes ago, Davidblunt said:

Wow that is very long.

What was the RFE for please? What's it for the EAD itself?

Also, when did you start calling?

Thanks.

You're telling me! The initial RFE was for our I-134, Affidavit of Support - I had to provide more supporting documents for my income earned abroad as I was the sponsor for my husband. 

• Initial call: October (our first 90 day mark) - were told that the initial RFE for our AOS applied to the EAD application as well (did not realize this at first).

• 2nd follow-up: Mid-November (our RFE submission 90 day mark) - we were told that they would submit a note for escalation for my husbands EAD, we didn't hear back in a week, so we called again.

• 3rd follow-up: Mid-November - we were told that the processing times were backed up and to wait another 45 days

• 4th follow-up: End of December - we were again told that processing times were backed up from our service center and to wait 45 days, we responded that we had done so, and they told us that processing times were backed up again. 

Several days later our case was updated on the site. A little confusing because we still haven't received any confirmation that they've successfully gotten our initial RFE response, however when we called to ask about that (because we were butting up against the due date without hearing anything) we were told that if we sent it, they've received it. 

Not sure if thats at all helpful but that's our story (so far)!

Edited by Laura and Mike

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The wait is unbearable.  

For me, I stupidly made errors on both my 485 and 765.  I noticed 9 weeks after filing and proceeded to freak out.  I sent in a letter (1 for each application) to explain the error and also put in online requests explaining the errors. 

I went to infopass to vent my frustration at my own idiocy there and the officer was quite nice and told me not to worry, especially if

I sent in a letter before they processed, but I found some old and some really old threads on here where people made the same mistakes and it resulted in denials, though I think with all those, they didn't realize the mistake until they got the denial whereas I caught it somewhat early. 

This process is so trying on my patience.  My only solace is my husband is fantastic and the fact that we're finally together makes all these bumps right now seem bearable. 

94 days and counting...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 2/18/2017 at 11:48 AM, Laura and Mike said:

You're telling me! The initial RFE was for our I-134, Affidavit of Support - I had to provide more supporting documents for my income earned abroad as I was the sponsor for my husband. 

They never complained about you sending an i-134 instead of the i-864 for your AOS:o

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.