ginganton

US citizen but dont have enough income for K1 VISA

20 posts in this topic

GReetings.

I'm divorced here in the US but still not annulled in the philippines,,now I have a fiance thats never been married with two kids, she is in PHILIPPINES and im planning to bring her here in the US with a fiance visa because i cant go to philippines and get married again yet, the problem is I dont have enough income to support a family of 6 because i have two kids of my own on my past relationship, can i have a joint sponsor like my aunt to get her and her two daughter, should i do visa or spousal, if spousal she need to get out of the country and get married there, any countries you guys can suggest? because ifi cant do joint sponsor in a for a fiance im really considering to get out of country and marry there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the Philippines forum from AOS Family - as the OP is asking about sponsors which differs from other countries and also mentions annulment in the Philippines.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

im a USC but dont make enough to sponsor for 3 people, my fiance has 2kids from a past relationship, i have a job bot its not enough to make it as much as the poverty guideline, is there a way for me to bring them all together at once? please help me...

~~Moved to the Philippines forum from AOS Family - as the OP is asking about sponsors which differs from other countries and also mentions annulment in the Philippines.~~

what?

Edited by ginganton

You need to find a sponsor.

(and you'll also need the sponsor for the AOS after they come)

does the visa center in the philippines allow joint sponsorship? philippines isnt allowed to have a co sponsor right?

does K1 fiancé visa in the Philippines allow you to have a co sponsor?

From VJ member Greenbaum's site, a very good guide for Philippine specific infomation

http://dennyeyberg.wixsite.com/filipino-am-visa/income--co-sponsor

US embassy Manila prefers that the joint sponsor for K1 is an immediate relative of the petitioner (ex: parent or sibling). They do not have to except the co-sponsor for a K-1, but each case is different. We have seen approvals and we have seen rejected applications (most times it's a rejection).

If the K1 visa application fails, you have the option of the spousal visa - IR-1/CR-1 whereas they must accept your I-864 and your co-sponsor. You would have to make a trip to marry in the Philippines and then file for a visa In the IR-1/CR-1 category once you return.

Naturalization Timeline

01/05/2020.......Filed N-400 online.

01/07/2020.......I-751 transferred from Texas Service Center to Lee's Summit.

01/31/2020.......Biometrics Appointment.

03/06/2020.......Interview Scheduled 04/16/2020.

06/16/2020.......Interview Rescheduled 07/08/2020

07/08/2020.......Approved

08/20/2020.......Oath Ceremony

N400 January 2020 filers spread sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

im a USC but dont make enough to sponsor for 3 people, my fiance has 2kids from a past relationship, i have a job bot its not enough to make it as much as the poverty guideline, is there a way for me to bring them all together at once? please help me...

does K1 fiancé visa in the Philippines allow you to have a co sponsor?

USEM is not required to accept co-sponsors with the K-1 visa, but they are known to accept co-sponsors who are close family members (parents, siblings). With that said, over the past couple years USEM has been sporadic at even asking for support evidence with the K-1 visa ... so there is a chance of not even being asked... still better to be prepared. (once in the states USCIS accepts any qualified co-sponsor.)

If you do not have a close family member to use as co-sponsor the next option is the ir/cr immigrant visa (spouse) as USEM is required to accept any qualified co-sponsor. This process takes longer and is more expensive when there are children as you have to file a petition for each person.

Edited by Philippines^Sagot

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

GReetings.

I'm divorced here in the US but still not annulled in the philippines,,now I have a fiance thats never been married with two kids, she is in PHILIPPINES and im planning to bring her here in the US with a fiance visa because i cant go to philippines and get married again yet, the problem is I dont have enough income to support a family of 6 because i have two kids of my own on my past relationship, can i have a joint sponsor like my aunt to get her and her two daughter, should i do visa or spousal, if spousal she need to get out of the country and get married there, any countries you guys can suggest? because ifi cant do joint sponsor in a for a fiance im really considering to get out of country and marry there.

Ah... more info than in your other posting on this question.

Did you (USC) file for the divorce? If YES you can get that divorce recognized in the Philippines, then an annulment is not needed.

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

what?

I moved your post to a more appropriate forum. The forum where you posted is for ppl who have already received their k1, arrived in the US, married and are filing for adjustment of status.

I've also merged both of your threads as it is easier for members when all the information is in one spot. Please only start one thread for the same or similar questions.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Your aunt or whoever will need enough income to cover herself, her children, any previously sponsored immigrants, and your fiancé and her children. If that is the case, then it shouldn't be an issue. I'd make sure that she was willing to do it when AOS rolls around otherwise you will be scrambling to find someone to help with the I-864 and your partner won't be able to work. A lose lose.

Something I will never understand. Why would someone want to bring a spouse/fiance/children to the US to live in poverty? I don't get it...

Perhaps he is planning on having her work as well or has a financial situation that we don't know everything about. Perhaps he owns his home outright or has other expenses already covered. Poverty in the US than the Philippines is also a totally different ball game as you well should know.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Something I will never understand. Why would someone want to bring a spouse/fiance/children to the US to live in poverty? I don't get it...

maybe you're right, maybe i shouldnt go forward with this, I'm way over my head, have a wonderful life I'm sure youre family is very well off and youre financially stable.

maybe you're right, maybe i shouldnt go forward with this, I'm way over my head, have a wonderful life I'm sure youre family is very well off and youre financially stable.

It is common sense. If you barely support yourself, why bring 3 more to suffer in US?

You also need to pay for their health insurance as well. Why should US taxpayers pay for their welfare.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.