Gratitude

I need urgent help. Please!

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Are you in Los Angeles? Are you saying that all shelters in Southern California are full? Please call around and get yourself to a safe place.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

13 hours ago, sparrowxxx419 said:

Call the organizations first thing tomorrow.

I'd advice you lock yourself in till in the morning. Just ignore him and play asleep. You just never know what this kind of person will do next. If you have the contacts of his close family members i'd advice you call them if that'll help him calm down.

All the best and you can always post on this thread on your developments. 

His family lives down the street. Apparently, everyone in the neighborhood hates me for being a rat and calling the coos cos 'nobody calls the cops here!'

1 hour ago, Aviinashh M said:

Did you call the shelter places ? what did they say ???

I've been on the phone for hours, calling and calling. They keep referring me. I am looking for a place That takes walk ins at this point. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, Gratitude said:

I've been on the phone for hours, calling and calling. They keep referring me. I am looking for a place That takes walk ins at this point. 

http://dpss.lacounty.gov/wps/portal/dpss/main/programs-and-services/specialized-supportive-services/battered-women-shelters-and-walk-in-centers/

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You will want to make one stop on your trip to the shelter you find for yourself. To the magistrate to get a protective order against this man, or ask if the shelter you would go to will assist with this. You can get a protective order at any hour of the day, even at 3am on a Saturday if you fear for your life. 

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

An important thing with VAWA is documentation/proof of the abuse..whether physical, mental or emotional.

It is good you've called the police on him once and that they confiscated his firearm.  That started a record of police interaction in your household, which will be helpful to you as well in the long run not only for your personal safety but also for immigration purposes.

You called the police once, do not hesitate to call the police again tonight if his behavior escalates.  If he physically touches you in a violent manner call them immediately and have him arrested/removed from the home for your safety.  Who cares what your neighbors think--they're not the ones going through this.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 9/15/2017 at 1:16 PM, Gratitude said:

His family lives down the street. Apparently, everyone in the neighborhood hates me for being a rat and calling the coos cos 'nobody calls the cops here!'

Hey,how are you? Did you get any shelter or a safe place to stay? 

what people or your neighborhood says about you calling the police. Like someone said on here,DON'T HESITATE to call the laws if he grabs or touches you violently again.

I hope you are able to sort things out. Your'e in my thoughts and prayers.

Edited by TBoneTX
to remove profane term

12 hours ago, sparkles_ said:

Thanks. I did contact these numbers. The 'walk ins' don't allow walk ins. You have to make an appointment. I walked into one of them. Well, after firet driving there. And called them all beforehand. That's when they told me you can't just walk in. Some take 2 days to return call avcording to voicemails

12 hours ago, Springrain22 said:

If you were in NYC, I'd hug you for an hour. Oh life.

Ure sweet. Thanks so much. I receive that hug. 

12 hours ago, sparkles_ said:

You will want to make one stop on your trip to the shelter you find for yourself. To the magistrate to get a protective order against this man, or ask if the shelter you would go to will assist with this. You can get a protective order at any hour of the day, even at 3am on a Saturday if you fear for your life. 

Thank you. I will definitely get a restraining order when I get out of here. 

12 hours ago, dnyal said:

I most certainly do not condone your husband's behaviour, but as a physician, I can't but notice he might be displaying features of either bipolar or even schizophrenic disorder and he obviously has paranoid delusions. Psychiatric patients are often like that: they seem very normal and then they deteriorate fast. Very, very often, psychiatric conditions manifest after intense emotional periods or revolve around emotional matters. To put it simplistically, mental illnesses are affections of the emotions, and it is no surprise he took your marriage (and thus you) as the center of his emotional bursts. Given that marriage is seemingly the most important emotional aspect of your lives right now because it is a great transition, it is logical that his psychiatric disorder would gravitate towards that.

Bein pragmatic, what you should do first is get him assessed by a board-certified psychiatrist and get that diagnosis on his clinical history. Why? You would have two choices: 1. He could start his meds and get counceling and with your help (if he's not behaving violently against you anymore and you are willing), you two could mend your marriage and you might get your "old" husband back; 2. His psychiatric condition could be a powerful reason to use for the immigration judge so you can get some relief in your AOS process. 

Most importantly, as a professional, I do not recommend that you stay in such a dire environment if the situation is this grievous and while he is this unstable. You should choose your safety first because unstable psychiatric patients are very, very unpredictable in their behaviour. Of course, it is ultimately your choice.

His outburst usually come from not having sex in a 2 day period. By day 3, he's livid! 

Thanks so much for this. Quite honestly, I've been trying to get this man to a therapist since I started seeing signs of imbalance. In the meantime, I was diagnosing him myself in my head and I'm not medically inclined at all but desperate times. I came up narcissistic personality disorder, borderline, ADHD, and bipolar. To name a few. Again. This was just me. 

It would've been nice to get an official diagnosis, if for my own sanity. 

He refuses to see a therapy. In the beginning, he used to say that they would find something wrong with him away his right to a gun. 

Now that there's no gun and our marriage is in entire need of it. He says he will ho if I pay for it. Then he chooses the $800 bundle. He is basically looking for a way out indirectly. I suggested the pastor and his response was, 'what did I ever do to you to want to embarrass me so much? What are you trying to prove?' 

I've been looking for a shelter; hopefully, I find an apartment soon so I can move out once and for all. 

9 hours ago, Going through said:

An important thing with VAWA is documentation/proof of the abuse..whether physical, mental or emotional.

It is good you've called the police on him once and that they confiscated his firearm.  That started a record of police interaction in your household, which will be helpful to you as well in the long run not only for your personal safety but also for immigration purposes.

You called the police once, do not hesitate to call the police again tonight if his behavior escalates.  If he physically touches you in a violent manner call them immediately and have him arrested/removed from the home for your safety.  Who cares what your neighbors think--they're not the ones going through this.

I hate to say it but; There would probably be a hit out on me if I called the cops on this man again. 

I've asked the police for a copy of the report as they had promised the day of that they wouldn't leave here without giving me one. They told me that I wasn't the victim in the case, therefore I'm not entitled to the report. They gave me case number only. 

I don't really care what neighbors and others think. I'm too busy to care

Edited by Gratitude

PS. Sorry I disappeared on everyone. The site told me I had reached my reply limit. So I couldnt do anything for a while. 

I appreciate you all. 

Also, thanks for the PM's. You warm my heart. 

Edited by Gratitude

On 9/15/2017 at 10:28 PM, sparrowxxx419 said:

Hey,how are you? Did you get any shelter or a safe place to stay? 

what people or your neighborhood says about you calling the police. Like someone said on here,DON'T HESITATE to call the laws if he grabs or touches you violently again.

I hope you are able to sort things out. Your'e in my thoughts and prayers.

You're amazing. Thanks for checking up on me. After being on the phone in the care at the library parking for hours. I went and checked out one place in person and they gave me a business card to call them. I had to go to work. I only got home before midnight. I'll be back at it tomorrow. 

Edited by TBoneTX
to remove profane term from quote

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.