dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2016

1,474 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

They automatically change it for you, mine started as a CR1 and i ended up receiving IR1 and CBP in the stamp they wrote IR-1 aswell.

So you don't have to do anything, doesnt hurt if you ask tho at the embassy.

Hello everyone,

Hubby's interview is scheduled for 12 days after our 2nd anniversary. What do we have to do to make the visa category IR1 from CR1?

Hello everyone,

Hubby's interview is scheduled for 12 days after our 2nd anniversary. What do we have to do to make the visa category IR1 from CR1?

Hi Noorie,

You don't have to do anything at your interview. Once you get approved at your interview and you fly to the USA, the immigration officer who processes your packet at your POE will stamp the passport with the 10yr LPR stamp once your marriage has been over 2yrs.

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

FYI - A member who is in AP contacted the DoS in Washington regarding their interview outcome and the CO's decision for them to obtain a joint sponsor. The spouse was over the poverty guidelines of 125% but the CO still insisted on a joint sponsor and placed them in AP. The rep at DoS only said that although the USCIS and the NVC officials grant the paperwork acceptance to pass thru the immigrant visa process, the CO at the embassy has the authority to say what the outcome can be and they (DoS) have no control over the CO's decision for him requesting a joint sponsor. :wow:

See, I've always found this to be unfair. I know it is THEIR game but if you meet all of their requirements (and there are no red flags etc), they should allow you to go to the US.

It is not fair when the game rules keep changing!

Click "spoiler" below for a detailed account of our journey to a CR1 visa via DCF in Athens, Greece.

2011 - Met hubby online and became friends
Early 2013 - Confessed our love for each other * Late 2013 - I got pregnant with our daughter
2014 - Our baby was born in Athens, Greece and completed our family. We now have two boys and a girl!! 2013 - 2015 - Looking for jobs in Greece, none were available (due to socioeconomic crisis) 2015 - Decided only way to feed our family was to immigrate and started the process December 2015 - Got married (Greece has a LOT of red tape for foreigners marrying Greeks)
January 2016 - Finished gathering all documents and getting them translated
* * DCF in Athens, Greece * *

28th January 2016 - Finally filed I-130s
29th June - ISSUED!!!!!!1st July - Visa packages and passports delivered to DHL.4th July - Visas in hand! CU in two weeks USA!!
19th July- POE Detroit. All went well!! (excluding our screaming, jet lagged toddler!!)

After Arrival in the US

September 2016 - Hubby is diagnosed with congestive heart failure
October - February 2016 - Battle with drug use, overdosing, bringing home a tiny paycheck

March - July 2017 - I am working 80 hr weeks to make ends meet. Discovered hubby's affair. Still overdoses and is hospitalized. Has quit working all together.
July - October 2017 - Marriage counseling. Revealed hubby has "several" mental conditions. Is started on several mental meds.

October 2017 - Got accepted for a college course. Got better job to help raise my kids.

October 2017 - March 2018 - Situation at home is toxic. He files for divorce.

July 2018 - Divorce is final. I have full custody of our daughter.

ROC (GC expires July 19th 2018)

July 16th - Package for ROC is delivered to the CA service center (divorce waiver).

August 30th - NOA1 received with 18 month extension (fee waiver approved).

March 28th 2019 - Biometrics

August 8th 2019 - Case Approved No RFE No Interview - 10 year GC in production

N400 (Online - Detroit, MI office)
June 6th 2023 - Applied for naturalization under 5 year rule.
June 7th 2023 - Application received/Biometric will be reused.
June 16th - Interview scheduled.
July 27th - Upcoming interview.

**Our DCF journey to an IV took 5 months and 1 day from turning in the I-130 to getting "Issued"**

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I was in a similar situation with my first husband. We had our interview 6 weeks after our 2nd anniversary and I was heavily pregnant with our second child (for which the CO wanted a doctor's note before they'd give my husband his card - crazy). Anyway, while he was approving it, I noticed he was writing CR1 on the forms. I pointed out it him that it should be IR1 since we had been married more than 2 years. He had to go back and check the dates to verify, and then changed it.

So, just be sure to bring it up after they say you're approved. Based on my experience, I wouldn't rely on the CO to update it for you.

Sept 4, 2015 - Priority date for I-130
January 29, 2016 - Case Approved
February __, 2016 - Received NOA2
February 17, 2016 - NVC Received Case
February 26, 2016 - Case Number and Invoice # Received (via phone call)
February 26, 2016 - Filed Designation of Agent
February 29, 2016 - AOS Fee Invoiced
February 29, 2016 - AOS Fee Paid - In Processing
February 29, 2016 - Called NVC Customer Service to Review DS-261
March 1, 2016 - IV Fee Invoiced
March 1, 2016 - IV Fee Paid - In Processing
March 2, 2016 - AOS Fee Shows Paid
March 3, 2016 - IV Fee Shows Paid
March 3, 2016 - Access DS 260
March 3, 2016 - Submit DS 260
March 4, 2016 - Affidavit of Support to NVC - sent by Mail with IV Packet
March 4, 2016 - IV Packet to NVC - sent by Mail with IV Packet
March 7, 2016 - AOS and IV Packet Received by NVC (called)
March 14, 2016 - Received email from NVC confirming scan date
March 24, 2016 - Scan Date #2 (sent in missing document before checklist would be issued).
May 2, 2016 - 3 N/As and called to confirm Case Complete at NVC
May 9, 2016 - Received email confirming Case Complete
May 9, 2016 - Called NVC - Interview Scheduled
May 10, 2016 - Received interview confirmation letter
May 11, 2016 - Scheduled Medical Exam
June 16, 2016 - Medical Exam
June 23, 2016 - Interview - Montreal
June 23, 2016 - Put into mandatory AP - we've been "MENA'd". :( Requested CV, all of hubby's engineering research papers, and additional financial proof of relationship.
June 29, 2016 - Mailed requested documents to Montreal Consulate. The waiting begins again.

September 14, 2016 - Consulate requested passport

September 21, 2016 - Mailed passport to Consulate

September 22, 2016 - Passport delivered to US Consulate mail facility

September 26, 2016 - CEAC shows "update"

September 27, 2016 - CEAC shows "update"

October 5, 2016 - Emailed Consulate to verify receipt of passport and ask about turn around timeline - "will reply within 2 business days"

October 11, 2016 - CEAC shows "update" (likely due to email sent 10/05/2016)

October 27, 2016 - CEAC shows "update" & Received email from Consulate confirming passport was received on 9/26/2016 and to allow 8 weeks for processing.

November 17, 2016 - CEAC shows "update" in the morning - still Administrative Processing.

November 17, 2016 around noon - CEAC shows "ISSUED".

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi all,

Just wanna say welcome to all those who got their Cases complete at NVC stage and have finally joined us (welcome to da madhouse! :goofy:) and and big CONGRATS to all those who have gotten approved in their interviews....awesome job guys and gals! To those of us who are in AP or those who are still awaiting their interview dates....hang in there, our turn is coming :thumbs:

Just an update: My husband's uncle became our new sponsor and he mailed out the i864s that were needed along with the 1040 and W2s, etc. I got the package from FedEx today and I have scheduled a pickup with DHL for Monday.....the embassy will therefore get my additional evidence on Tuesday.....so, again, fingers and toes crossed for this time to be approved!!

FYI - A member who is in AP contacted the DoS in Washington regarding their interview outcome and the CO's decision for them to obtain a joint sponsor. The spouse was over the poverty guidelines of 125% but the CO still insisted on a joint sponsor and placed them in AP. The rep at DoS only said that although the USCIS and the NVC officials grant the paperwork acceptance to pass thru the immigrant visa process, the CO at the embassy has the authority to say what the outcome can be and they (DoS) have no control over the CO's decision for him requesting a joint sponsor. :wow:

But were they over the poverty line for previous as well as current?

It's not just what ypu are making current. That's why we have to show 3 years worth to show that frankly we are employable and hopefully increasing our wages.

Also has alot to do with how they meet or exceed the guidelines. SSI, returements, kids child support, unemployment, more than one job can be iffy to get approved.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Just got interview date for July 14th at 12:15 pm. Thank you God!!!

Congrats.. What's your CC?

Just called NVC ...interview has been scheduled for July 26th....yippee!!!

My fellow case completes for May ...please call.

Wishing you all good luck!!!

Congrats. What's your CC? I called yesterday and nothing yet :(.. My cc is 24th may

Just called NVC ...interview has been scheduled for July 26th....yippee!!!

My fellow case completes for May ...please call.

Wishing you all good luck!!!

Congrats. What's your CC? I called yesterday and nothing yet :(.. My cc is 24th may

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Everyone. I am new here. Priority date: 9 Sep 2015. Case complete+checklist recieved by email 8 June 2016. I woke up this morning to recieve another email with my interview letter 11 June 2016.?????????Interview scheduled for 27th July at the Lagos embassy, Nigeria. Glory to God

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bahamas
Timeline

My cc is May 26/16

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Lucky you. I hope I get mine soon :(

I think it will be soon, it appears that they have been scheduling interviews for CC late May. I pray you get a date next week...Good Luck.

When I called I was advised that interviews were being scheduled until mid June.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I think it will be soon, it appears that they have been scheduling interviews for CC late May. I pray you get a date next week...Good Luck.

When I called I was advised that interviews were being scheduled until mid June.

Thanks a lot.. I hope i get it next week :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My first scan date was MARCH 28TH, while i was expecting to get a cc on APRIL 28TH, I didnt. On MAY 2ND, wify called and told me we got a checklist on passport bio data page. It was immediately sent back and we got a second scan date on MAY 5TH. While i was still waiting and hoping to get a cc on JUNE 5TH, I didnt. My question was "what could be wrong again?". At 1:00am Nigeria time on JUNE 10TH, I got a call from wify again. What is it this time?........ It was a CC along with a P4. My interview is scheduled for JULY 8TH at 7:45am in LAGOS NIGERIA. We are in this together, and must all sail through.

My first scan date was MARCH 28TH, while i was expecting to get a cc on APRIL 28TH, I didnt. On MAY 2ND, wify called and told me we got a checklist on passport bio data page. It was immediately sent back and we got a second scan date on MAY 5TH. While i was still waiting and hoping to get a cc on JUNE 5TH, I didnt. My question was "what could be wrong again?". At 1:00am Nigeria time on JUNE 10TH, I got a call from wify again. What is it this time?........ It was a CC along with a P4. My interview is scheduled for JULY 8TH at 7:45am in LAGOS NIGERIA. We are in this together, and must all sail through.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.