The Nature Boy

Just got my Obamacare 2015 update

109 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A post and a post referring to it have been removed. Avoid name-calling, please.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

It said medical costs rose 2.2 % last month. If gas was two bucks a gallon and it went up 2 % last month it would be 2.20 right

:rofl: You are mathematically challenged.

2% of $2.00 is $0.04. Thus, if gas was $2.00 and went up by 2%, it would be $2.04 after the increase.

In order for it to be $2.20, it would have to have gone up 10%.

I'll try to find pictures next time to illustrate mathematical concepts for you.

Is that the new word for getting robbed? Subsidies? :rofl: Youve been so indoctrinated by BS its sad.

Subsidies. Exactly. His premium went up slightly but he claimed it went up 100%. He then corrected to say that he now has to pay 100% more than last year. The only way to reconcile these two is that he received more in premium subsidies last year than he will receive next year. It's really simple. For most people, anyways. I think it's you that's been indoctrinated beyond repair which leaves you incapable of following simple concepts along.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Is that the new word for getting robbed? Subsidies? :rofl: Youve been so indoctrinated by BS its sad.

Are you implying subsidies are tax payer money taken from some and given to others?

Subsidies. Exactly. His premium went up slightly but he claimed it went up 100%. He then corrected to say that he now has to pay 100% more than last year. The only way to reconcile these two is that he received more in premium subsidies last year than he will receive next year. It's really simple. For most people, anyways. I think it's you that's been indoctrinated beyond repair which leaves you incapable of following simple concepts along.

Or I could have a really really low pay amount and the increase doubled it

Are you implying subsidies are tax payer money taken from some and given to others?

Yes, NB has been scooping up your tax dollars and mine and now he's mad when that well runs somewhat dry. Unbelievable just how fast that man who was an upstanding, self supporting right winger became a ward of the state. And now he's hooked. Mission accomplished!

Yes, NB has been scooping up your tax dollars and mine and now he's mad when that well runs somewhat dry. Unbelievable just how fast that man who was an upstanding, self supporting right winger became a ward of the state. And now he's hooked. Mission accomplished!

The govt Teat is addictive. Why not get something back from all the years I have been bent over and violated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What exactly is a "low pay amount"?

1/2 of a normal pay amount apparently

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

1/2 of a normal pay amount apparently

Well, it doesn't look like he's figured out yet what exactly happened - or he just can't articulate it. First it was the premium that doubled, then it was not the premium but the premium he actually pays - which, of course has nothing to do with health care cost but means that his subsidies simply were reduced. But when that was explained to another conceptually challenged member then it was all about the "low pay amount" which doubled. So the "low pay amount" probably is the premium that he effectively paid after subsidies in 2014.

No NB is grammatical challenged. What doubled was my premium. Not the premium. In other words the part I pay

Or I could have a really really low pay amount and the increase doubled it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So NB you wanted to point out that your "Premiums" had doubled which to you means the total out of pocket expenses that you pay had potentially doubled. I say potentially because if you and your family stay healthy ( which we are hoping and praying for) you will not need to pay out of pocket expenses. So ( if my assumption on your deductibles is right) you may or may not have to outlay this money ( although we acknowledge that lower deductibles are better)

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265