The Nature Boy

Just got my Obamacare 2015 update

109 posts in this topic

She will. She's waiting for me to do it for her. Freeloader <_<

Me too. I start work tomorrow. I shudder what it's going to do my premium. ( They amount that I actually pay every month after my credit)-explained for the slow to understand crowd.

It might pay me to sit home after I look at it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

There's more choice on the exchanges than what I have through my employer so quit that whining. I also just looked up a random zip code in NY state (12201) and found a list of platinum plans on NY state's health insurance exchange for 2015. Health Republic Insurance and MVP Healthcare offer several platinum plans each. Zero deductible and all.

Two points: The platinum plans were not available when I last checked three months ago; it seems I stand corrected now. And more choices are not necessarily better. I would prefer fewer better choices.

Since you seem to enjoy proving me wrong, I would (honestly) appreciate it if you could find me a PPO in the New York City area. That is really what I want (don't care what "metal" level it is) - and I have been told that PPOs ain't available to anyone anymore.

Edited by unsmiley

Filed: Timeline

Two points: The platinum plans were not available when I last checked three months ago; it seems I stand corrected now. And more choices are not necessarily better. I would prefer fewer better choices.

Since you seem to enjoy proving me wrong, I would (honestly) appreciate it if you could find me a PPO in the New York City area. That is really what I want (don't care what "metal" level it is) - and I have been told that PPOs ain't available to anyone anymore.

You'll have to do your own work. There are PPOs available under Obamacare. Maybe not in NYC but that would be between you and you state government. Obamacare has not outlawed PPO plans.

I don't have a 12-13K deductible nor do I pay $500-700 per month. Between me and my employer, the premium is higher than $500-700 a month but the deductible is still much, much lower even though I do have a high deductible plan. If what you say is true, then all I can say is that Alaska truly sucks. I hope they pay you for what health insurance costs in your neck of the woods. If not, I'd recommend a relocation to greener pastures.

Not sure what my post has to do with Alaska. And I never said I was paying those prices, those are what friends of mine are forced to pay. One has a $13K deductible, another pays $550 a month and has something like $7K deductible. Me, I pay zero, and have zero deductible.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

What was his deductible before the ACA? What policy did he have? Normally anyone who was insured before the ACA didn't have any such dramatic increases. The wife and I have had a decrease in premiums for the last two years and for 2015 it will go up $8 for both of us. I can see however, where someone at an advanced age and serious chronic condition would have larger premiums and deductibles, if coming from an uninsured situation.

Not sure what my post has to do with Alaska. And I never said I was paying those prices, those are what friends of mine are forced to pay. One has a $13K deductible, another pays $550 a month and has something like $7K deductible. Me, I pay zero, and have zero deductible.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

What was his deductible before the ACA? What policy did he have? Normally anyone who was insured before the ACA didn't have any such dramatic increases. The wife and I have had a decrease in premiums for the last two years and for 2015 it will go up $8 for both of us. I can see however, where someone at an advanced age and serious chronic condition would have larger premiums and deductibles, if coming from an uninsured situation.

Don't know for sure, but I can try to find out. One guy is about 60, so I can see why his might be higher. The other ($550 premium) is 48 and has a wife.

The only way this was gonna get passed was to bribe Democrats (they didn't put up too much of a fight, did they?) and lie brazenly to the American people. That's what happened, and continues to happen. And Jonathan Gruber, the architect of O'bamacare who repeatedly chides the electorate as having to be tricked because they're too stupid (and was paid $4 million by taxpayers)? Gosh, the preznit "just found out about this", and he's of course flummoxed by all the hoo-haw concerning "some adviser who never worked on our staff".

Seriously: just own up to it. More lies don't make this story better, they make it worse. <_<

http://youtu.be/zOdDFvSPZDI

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

So far I have seen nothing but good from the ACA. Children can stay on the parent's insurance until they reach 26, no life-time caps on coverage amounts, no denial for pre-existing conditions, and lots of other good stuff. Employers are starting to shift more of the costs to the employee which is why some employee based plans are going up. But even then the employer is limited in the percentage he can make the employee pay. Now, when it comes to dependent coverage, anything goes. This is why people are seeing an increase in premiums. The employers are not required to pay one cent towards the premiums for dependents.

Obviously the electorate is too "stupid" to like O'bamacare. :rolleyes:

Support for Obamacare continues to decline, with the law hitting a new low in approval, and a new high in disapproval, as the second enrollment period has opened for Americans, according to Gallup.

Just 37 percent approve of the Affordable Care Act, 1 percentage point less than the previous low recorded in January, Gallup found in a new survey released Monday.

The pollster notes the approval results are a “new numerical low” for Obamacare.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Like we had a normal health care system before Obamacare. Talk about severe delusions. I do believe Obamacare covers those. Check it out!

What is a normal health care system?