The Nature Boy

Just got my Obamacare 2015 update

109 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Obamacare has been successfully demonized for it to poll poorly. The key components of the ACA poll well. Americans are supportive of the key provisions of the law. What people don't like is the individual mandate. Of course, the key provisions that people do like and support cannot work without such mandate.

But one doesn't even have to go that deep. People tend to support the Affordable Care Act more than Obamacare - too bad, they're one and the same, eh?

murpwcwfluwgog4yswp-ng.png

What is a normal health care system?

A health care system that has the primary purpose of delivering health care to all people within its jurisdiction rather than produce profits for the health care and insurance industries. That, to me, would be a normal health care system. There are plenty of those out there in the developed world. Just not here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It is funny to see people sympathetic to Republicans and voters aligned behind Mitt Romney to push so hard against market based reforms that were generated by Republicans and piloted (successfully) by Mitt Romney when governor of Massachusetts. I guess it is the norm in these times that it does not matter what good could be accomplished, as Lon as the other team gets the blame and suffers loss in the public mind. We used to be a nation that pulled together for the big things, war, peace Medicare, race to the moon, and build things Damns , freeway systems, rural electrification, that moved the country forward. Now all we do is fight over every scrap of self righteousness.

Please excuse the spelling, done on my phone waiting for the car to thaw.

Edited by Rob L

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Those insurance companies sure hate being regulated.

They do, but they love the extra business from "Obomacare" They also would rather have one federal standard for regulation rather than a patchwork of 50 standards from different states. Insurance companies were deeply involved in drafting the ACA, while they lobbied against it.

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

That might explain the higher premium partially. A premium of $550 for husband/wife is not out of character either. I have a couple of friends back east who are self employed whose premiums used to be over 1k/month before the ACA. For people like them, the ACA cut their insurance cost in half. I am sure not everyone is happy with the ACA because it exposed a lot of policies that didn't offer much in terms of coverage, but for most it has been a way to get a better deal than what they had.

Don't know for sure, but I can try to find out. One guy is about 60, so I can see why his might be higher. The other ($550 premium) is 48 and has a wife.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

60 where I am varies between 400 and 1100

Can not see the logic of Platinum with the difference.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Obviously the electorate is too "stupid" to like O'bamacare. :rolleyes:

Actually, the insured largely like what they have obtained through the ACA. More than 7 in 10 newly insured rate their coverage and care excellent or good. That's a picture very similar to that of all insured. But I say Republicans ought to go ahead and take coverage away from millions of people that rate their coverage excellent or good. They ought to go ahead and do that. The pendulum will swing back faster that way.

bzdrvtsyhe2whtlbdv7xqa.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Well prior to the ACA my choice were no insurance, buy private insurance for about $200 per month with a $6,000 deductible, or buy through my employer at $52/month with coverage for three doctors visits per year ($35 co-pay) and up to $2,000 paid by the insurance if I was hospitalized. After that coverage was used up I was on my own.

Thank you ACA for getting me health insurance I can afford.

Well prior to the ACA my choice were no insurance, buy private insurance for about $200 per month with a $6,000 deductible, or buy through my employer at $52/month with coverage for three doctors visits per year ($35 co-pay) and up to $2,000 paid by the insurance if I was hospitalized. After that coverage was used up I was on my own.

Thank you ACA for getting me health insurance I can afford.

Republicans want to take that away from you. They don't think you should have that coverage. They'd rather you go broke or die when you get sick.

Actually, the insured largely like what they have obtained through the ACA. More than 7 in 10 newly insured rate their coverage and care excellent or good. That's a picture very similar to that of all insured. But I say Republicans ought to go ahead and take coverage away from millions of people that rate their coverage excellent or good. They ought to go ahead and do that. The pendulum will swing back faster that way.

bzdrvtsyhe2whtlbdv7xqa.png

Translation. All the people who got free healthcare

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Even Mitch McConnell said the Kentucky health exchange was a great thing and he wanted to keep it, he just didn't want to keep the ACA (Obamacare). Somebody explain that to me please.