immibie

Travel insurance

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My mom is 64 y/o coming to visit me here in usa. I'm thinking of getting her a health insurance to cover her during her stay here for 2 months when she arrives. Anyone has any suggestions or site to go about this type of insurance?

We are not sure whether to get her insurance upon her arrival or when she's on the plane coming to America?

Normally people buy travel insurance prior to their departure date, so that should anything happen during the flight, they are covered by the insurance.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Depends where she is from but usually the media, TV/Papers/Magazines dealing with Travel is covered with adverts for Travel Insurance.

At 64 it should not be too expensive.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

They are for US based customers.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

The US Dept Of State has a pretty extensive list of insurance companies here.

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/go/health/providers.html

Here's a link explaining what types of insurance are available and another one that gives you quotes. This is the company my wife used whenever she traveled to the US. We were pleased with their rates and service.

http://www.***removed***.com/visitors-insurance/

http://www.***removed***.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I use www.imglobal.com/ exclusively. Their Patriot plans are awesome and there are plans for both US Citizens and foreign nationals. I covered my wife and I both during our trip to Singapore and I also used it to cover her here in the USA until we were married and my corporate plan covered her.

Timeline

Generally speaking the best you can get is cover that takes into account pre existing conditions and covers everything but the pre existing condition.

Timeline

Well let us say you have a condition that makes you unstable. Perhaps it requires medication. You can not expect Insurance to cover the medication, but of you fall over and break your leg you would want it to cover that.

The suggestions here are gold! I checked travel insurance with my own insurance company here in Norway, and to extend it to be valid for up to 90 days would cost me an extra $580. I didn't even consider looking at getting insurance from non-Norwegian companies... I guess I'll have to sit down soon and do a proper comparison of the policies.

Timeline

Do you work in the insurance industry?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.