2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Sandranj,

I've had my Vawa approved over 2 month ago, so we decided to contact VSC to inquire to see if AOS was moving normally. We got this response back :

Good Day,

The case of XXXX XXXX is currently at the Vermont Service Center.

You will receive a transfer notice when the case is sent to the National Benefits Center, who will likewise send it to the local field office for the I485 adjustment of status interview.

Please note that the Vermont Service Center can offer no timeframe as to when the case will be transferred.

Officer XXXXXXXX

Immigration Services Officer

Humanitarian Division

Vermont Service Center

So Sandranj I'm not sure what's going on but maybe you can enlighten me a little.

Thanks in advance

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have an approved vawa and eead. I applied for greencard two wks ago and I received biometrics appointment letter today. Does any one here know how long after completing biometrics do you get interview appointment? Do all cases get interviewed?

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have an approved vawa and eead. I applied for greencard two wks ago and I received biometrics appointment letter today. Does any one here know how long after completing biometrics do you get interview appointment? Do all cases get interviewed?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi,

Hi,

Welcome to the forum Vicks, congrats on approved vawa and ead. Can tell us your timeline from when you applied for vawa, when you got ead and approvals? the dates? we can have a better idea on timing for you. we all have different timelines, but ths would help.

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

blest.but.strest

Seriously? They replied to you? I cannot tell how man letters I have written...how come that USCIS is so inconsistent in everything? Like they dont have any protocols, they can do whatever they want..They make me depressed...

Yeah, they did reply, and they replied fast to, it took them 1 day to respond. So true, I'm astonish to see how random things are at the VSC, they should establish some type of system where everything is done in a certain order, where everybody is processed the same way.

blest.blue.street I saw several cases that stayed 3/4 months in Vermont until they transferred to the NBC .Unfortunately you have to wait.

Thank you Sandranj, I'll be patient even though I hate waiting.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi mammaof3

Heres my timeline

06/2011- submit i360 & i765

04/2012- rfe dates of residence with abuser & good moral character.

07/2012- rfe passport pictures

10/2012- approved vawa

01/2013- ead card rcvd

03/2014- extended ead card received

08/2014- submitted i485

08/16/2014- rcvd biometrics appointment

It was a dreadful process because I had an arrest back in 2000 when I was still a minor so I was always told it was best to have a lawyer handle this. So I hired a lawyer to submit my vawa but he turned out to be no good he was a criminal lawyer had no clue on how to handle vawas I found out later. So I would always have to push him to check on status and I was always the one replying to rfe's because they would take for ever to do so. Then he let me go because he thought I was going to get denied because I was replying on my own and didn't want any fault at it two weeks later from when he stoped handling my case I get approval for vawa. Right after that I hired a new lawyer and that took more time on my case because he had to review my case then I had to come up with money to pay him so having to pay two different lawyers was expensive. But luckily this one is good I made sure he was experienced and he is an immigration lawyer so seems like I'm almost at the end of this whole thing! Cant wait till I finally get my gc =)

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi guys.

Please help me!!!!

About 3 weeks ago, I checked online about my visa status. It says online that they have mailed me a RFE on july 24.

I keep checking my mailbox and to this day I still havent got that mail.

I am sharing a mailbox with someone because I cant open a mailbox on my name. Now, the lady just told me its possible that they returned it to sender.

What am I gonna do now?

Is it possible it takes that long for that letter from vermont to not get here yet? I received letters from them with the same mailbox address in the beginning when they sent me a receipt notice.

or..

What if the usps sent it back to them? It got returned to sender? What am I gonna do?

Please help me! Im crying and I dont knw what to do.

I know theres a time line to respnd :(

My VAWA Timeline

May 5, 2014 - Filed First VAWA

September 3, 2014 - Filed I485 and I765

September 7, 2014 - Found out USCIS administratively closed my i360 because US postal service sent my RFE letter back to Vermont

October 10, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment for i485

Sent USCIS to reopen case, scheduled infopass, wrote to ombudsman

November 4, 2014 - Filed Second VAWA

December 23, 2014 - i765 Approved

January 2, 2015 - Received i765 Card

January 5, 2015 - Applied for SSN

January 12, 2015 - Approval of second Vawa

Approval of second vawa took 2 months and 12 days! No RFE. God is great!

February 9, 2015 - I-485 File is transferred to NBC

May 5,2015 - Received Interview letter for I 485

May 14, 2015 - Interview date

June 22, 2015 - Received Welcome letter and Approval letter. Will receive Green Card within 2-3 weeks

TO GOD BE THE GREATER GLORY! AMDG!

Filed: Timeline

blest.but.strest

True to that!

wildwoodflower21

In my opinion, all you can do in this situation, is to write them a notarized letter. You might call, just in case, but I am pretty sure they will not tell you anything (because of privacy act). If I were you, and nobody advised me better, I would send them a notarized letter requesting to send RFE again, and then write again if they dont respond, because as you can see they respond to some and not to others, but it is a pretty big deal. On your part you have to make sure your mailbox situation is fixed so it does not happen again with your USCIS mail (you can always call you local mail too and see if they can help you to find out what happened to that mail! Sometimes it works).

Timeline

Hi mammaof3

Heres my timeline

06/2011- submit i360 & i765

04/2012- rfe dates of residence with abuser & good moral character.

07/2012- rfe passport pictures

10/2012- approved vawa

01/2013- ead card rcvd

03/2014- extended ead card received

08/2014- submitted i485

08/16/2014- rcvd biometrics appointment

It was a dreadful process because I had an arrest back in 2000 when I was still a minor so I was always told it was best to have a lawyer handle this. So I hired a lawyer to submit my vawa but he turned out to be no good he was a criminal lawyer had no clue on how to handle vawas I found out later. So I would always have to push him to check on status and I was always the one replying to rfe's because they would take for ever to do so. Then he let me go because he thought I was going to get denied because I was replying on my own and didn't want any fault at it two weeks later from when he stoped handling my case I get approval for vawa. Right after that I hired a new lawyer and that took more time on my case because he had to review my case then I had to come up with money to pay him so having to pay two different lawyers was expensive. But luckily this one is good I made sure he was experienced and he is an immigration lawyer so seems like I'm almost at the end of this whole thing! Cant wait till I finally get my gc =)

Hi Vicks, Congrats on aprroval again, that is really what matters, deadbeat attorneys are a pain in the you know what! depending on whether your vawa was based on US citizen husband or GC holder husband, the time varies. can take between 3-4 months, also depending on cases before you too. Just be patient, you are almost there.. Some of us are still at the "Initial review stage"....lol

Others may chip in to give you a better idea, but based on other members review, it could take up to 4mths, but you never know.. could be 30days too...or less

Hi everybody I went to interview today and get approved on spot , officer only ask me only yes and no question and print paperwork and told me , you will recive your card 7 days , :) thank you everybody my journey end . Thank you Ssndraj

Congrats Xayot..

Timeline please...

KLOVE got me thru...

Timeline

Hi everybody I went to interview today and get approved on spot , officer only ask me only yes and no question and print paperwork and told me , you will recive your card 7 days , :) thank you everybody my journey end . Thank you Ssndraj

Congrats Xayot!!

Timeline pls..

Hi,

Hi,

Vicks, I think i misread your question, appt should be within 30days of bio...

KLOVE got me thru...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.