2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hiiiiii good day every one!!!! How much pictures do I need to file my vawa petition

What pictures are you talking about? Pictures to help prove physical abuse? or pictures to help prove bona fide marriage?

I put the word "help" in bold because pictures don't prove bona fide marriage, comingled finances do, but they certainly help.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

I now live in Nebraska and never wanna go back to Washington. I met somebody else who is moving down to Nebraska.

My question is that is there a possibility of asking a petition to be withdrawn even if you are not the petitioner but the person being petitioned for.

Careful if you engage in a new relationship and if decide to re-marry before you get a VAWA approved they could deny your Aos.

Your wife cannot influence your VAWA petition there were members in this forum before who had ex husbands or ex in laws trying to get their noses involved and give their two cents, but their opinions don't have power.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

The waiver must be placed on top of everything. Sandra has posted the order in the past but since it's only the renewal I am not sure exactly of the order.

But I do remember that someone, if it wasn't Sandra, mentioned that they look for the money order and if they do not find it, they return the package so put waiver on top. Before the cover letter.

According to the Form I-765 instructions http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-765instr.pdf Page 6 to 8 REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION, doesn't seem like it's mandatory for you to send I-797 receipt of I-485. I sent mine with my I-485 receipt to show Vermont that I did in fact have a pending I-485.

No specific way to pack it, I used a large envelope from USPS.

Edited by citragirl

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

I want to let everyone knows that I helped thousands of people with their Vawa cases, but I CANNOT and I WILL NOT review any case with deadline. I take my time to review a case,sometimes I take weeks.I am perfectionist,and I will not help any case if the person has to submit the case in 24/ 48 hours or even in 5 days.If you want and need my help I will do my best to help you ,but I will take 7/10 days until the case is ready for you to submit to Vermont.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Louboy, the earlier you can hire a vawa attorney, the better. This sounds more confusing than before, the fact that she still wants to be involved with you is a bit crazy after what u have been through; returned mails to Uscis etc.... . Get an atty to IRON this out, this forum can only do so much! Goodluck bro!

There is an attorney I have singled out here in Nebraska but he told me needed the denial letter which is in Vermont now and I have another appointment with one coming up. And with the divorce process I might have to use a pro bono attorney. I also mailed my notarized letter to Vermont today about the change of address. I hope this works because I have written a un notarized letter before and it didn't work out but with the help of information gotten from this forum I have written a notarized letter to them today, I hope this works out.

Louboy, the earlier you can hire a vawa attorney, the better. This sounds more confusing than before, the fact that she still wants to be involved with you is a bit crazy after what u have been through; returned mails to Uscis etc.... . Get an atty to IRON this out, this forum can only do so much! Goodluck bro!

There is an attorney I have singled out here in Nebraska but he told me needed the denial letter which is in Vermont now and I have another appointment with one coming up. And with the divorce process I might have to use a pro bono attorney. I also mailed my notarized letter to Vermont today about the change of address. I hope this works because I have written a un notarized letter before and it didn't work out but with the help of information gotten from this forum I have written a notarized letter to them today, I hope this works out.

Timeline

So if I understand well, your wife want to get back with you and file I-130?? Bro if you've been abused by this woman and you been beaten by men she was messing with, like you told us before, do not go back to her. That's all I can tell you, stay away from her and concentrate on your Vawa petition.

I have chosen to concentrate on my VAWA petition but wanna divorce her and be free at the same time.Now my concern is that stubborn might go ahead and try to file I130 because she said her lawyer asked her for a lease and so on, and it might confuse the situation so I don't know how I can ask that petition to be withdrawn coz USCIS sounds like they only deal with applicants and petitioners. Not the people being applied for on a particular application.

Timeline

Careful if you engage in a new relationship and if decide to re-marry before you get a VAWA approved they could deny your Aos.

Your wife cannot influence your VAWA petition there were members in this forum before who had ex husbands or ex in laws trying to get their noses involved and give their two cents, but their opinions don't have power.

I already got my VAWA denied and I am trying to put in a new application, But think it would be better for me to be divorced and be free again so that if my application is denied again The person I am involved with can help file for me since we gonna be living together. The petition I am worried about is the I130 she is trying to file with a certain lawyer because I don't wanna be a part of it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone I want to know if I must get my passport pictures notarized and if my vawa affidavit must be notarized too..I didn't remember to asked and when setting up the package did u put it in categorises eg bonefide marriage ( lease,tax return etc) then proof of abuse ( police report, affidavits, pictures etc) thanks in advance

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

tdiva you have to notarize the affidavits,that is it! You just can notarize a document with signature.You should put your cover letter on top, followed by the form I-360,psychological evaluation,police report and restraining order(if you have )then documents such as copy of birth certificate,marriage certificate,passport copy, divorce decree(if you are or he was divorced before,or divorced now),then copies of documents showing bonafide marriage,and then other forms you are submitting along etc..

Filed: Other Timeline

If you can get them notarized great but if not don't sweat it. None of my affidavits were notarized since its hard to ask people to go out of their way to get to a bank. I was approved with them not being notarized.

April 2014 I-360, I-765, and I-485 mailed.
May 2014 EAD Received

July 2014 1-360 Approved

Waiting for interview

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi good night everyone,missymd i did get my card last Saturday thanks for asking but am busy trying to work extra cash to do my daughter's paper 420 plus lawyer fee. How are? How is your case going?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.