2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

wildflower21 in the section 3 choose line 7b and 7c.

Section 5,line 9,10,11 put 0

Section 6 l,line 12 put -You don't have any assets or savings. You are temporary being shelter in your relative house, but the person can't afford to have you there without any payment .Mention you need to work to be able to provide for yourself, and you cant afford to pay USCIS fees ,since you are unemployed,and ask them to approve your fee waiver.

line 13-put you are unemployed since you got here

line 14 and 15 put 0

Type of asset -NONE

Total value of assets- 0

section 6- put 0 rent

food put - $150.00

commuting cost- put how much you spend per month getting bus/subway etc

other expenses -put how much you pay for cellphone, medication, basic needs etc..

Filed: Other Timeline

Sandra thank you so much!!!!!

My VAWA Timeline

May 5, 2014 - Filed First VAWA

September 3, 2014 - Filed I485 and I765

September 7, 2014 - Found out USCIS administratively closed my i360 because US postal service sent my RFE letter back to Vermont

October 10, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment for i485

Sent USCIS to reopen case, scheduled infopass, wrote to ombudsman

November 4, 2014 - Filed Second VAWA

December 23, 2014 - i765 Approved

January 2, 2015 - Received i765 Card

January 5, 2015 - Applied for SSN

January 12, 2015 - Approval of second Vawa

Approval of second vawa took 2 months and 12 days! No RFE. God is great!

February 9, 2015 - I-485 File is transferred to NBC

May 5,2015 - Received Interview letter for I 485

May 14, 2015 - Interview date

June 22, 2015 - Received Welcome letter and Approval letter. Will receive Green Card within 2-3 weeks

TO GOD BE THE GREATER GLORY! AMDG!

Okay guys. This is it. Im sending my AOS package.

Please wish me good luck. Im really nervous on this one. I don't have a choice but take a risk and apply for aos so I can work.

Just a quick question guys, from everyones experience here. From the moment you guys sent aos, about when did u guys received ead on hand?

Im just really anxious to work. ..:(

My VAWA Timeline

September 7, 2014 - Found out USCIS administratively closed my i360 because US postal service sent my RFE letter back to Vermont

June 22, 2015 - Received Welcome letter and Approval letter. Will receive Green Card within 2-3 weeks

Filed: Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Congrats to all new approvals.

Just came from my i485 interview and thought I'd share my experience to anyone curious what to expect. She barely asked me 5 questions:

Do you still live at this address?

Can I see your birth-certificate? (Mind you, in the interview letter they didn't even say to bring this! I had it on me just in case)

She took the G-325.

Have you ever helped bring anyone into the country illegally?

Have you ever been convicted of any crime? Or drug offense?

Then she wrote the interview date in my passport and said everything looks good you should get it within a month at the latest. I asked if I was going to get a stamp and she said "no we don't do that anymore" <---I don't believe it but after filing since early 2012 and waiting a whole 19 months! for the i360 to be approved, I could wait a few weeks.

Thank you all for your support throughout this journey. There have been many times where I felt despair, lost in a quagmire state feeling depressed and wanting to give up but seeing all of you one by one getting approved gave me hope that this day would come and sure enough it has. Thanks again and especially you Sandra for your help.

I may make a thread so anyone can know what to expect at a vawa i485 interview. I was searching last night for one and couldn't find it.

Filed: Timeline

Oh and FYI, The website still hasn't changed my status since last year! when I did the biometrics. To this day it still reads: The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office." s

So don't lose hope because you're checking that website for accurate updates.

Hello Everyone,

Congrats to all new approvals.

Just came from my i485 interview and thought I'd share my experience to anyone curious what to expect. She barely asked me 5 questions:

Do you still live at this address?

Can I see your birth-certificate? (Mind you, in the interview letter they didn't even say to bring this! I had it on me just in case)

She took the G-325.

Have you ever helped bring anyone into the country illegally?

Have you ever been convicted of any crime? Or drug offense?

Then she wrote the interview date in my passport and said everything looks good you should get it within a month at the latest. I asked if I was going to get a stamp and she said "no we don't do that anymore" <---I don't believe it but after filing since early 2012 and waiting a whole 19 months! for the i360 to be approved, I could wait a few weeks.

Thank you all for your support throughout this journey. There have been many times where I felt despair, lost in a quagmire state feeling depressed and wanting to give up but seeing all of you one by one getting approved gave me hope that this day would come and sure enough it has. Thanks again and especially you Sandra for your help.

I may make a thread so anyone can know what to expect at a vawa i485 interview. I was searching last night for one and couldn't find it.

Congratulations Sir Charge!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Hey everyone, am a little bit confused...I got a request for evidence back in april for good moral character, I submitted it. When I checked my case status a couple weeks after it said they received my rfe on the 25th of April we will with the adjudication in light of the new evidence....my case status was updated today and it said on "august 26th your name was updated realting to your 1360 for i360 pettion" and the case went back to initial review, is that a normal.thing? I didnt even update my name, am so confuse and worried....sighh...what doss that mean?

Edited by biankat

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

hey everyone, Can someone here explain how to expedite EAD? I had biometrics 2 weeks ago, and need to work asap, was wondering if i could call to have this expedited? Thanks people

KLOVE got me thru...

You can read USCIS' expedite criteria here: http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you guys for all your input. I am just at my wits end and with all this madness.

Cindy don't lose hope. Look, ask the shelter for an extension, they should be able to provide because the court haven't serve your abuser, that puts you at risk... Also ask them about Transitional Housing, that is a program available in several states, it's a Federal fund program that gives priority to victims of domestic violence. It gives you from 18-24 months reduced rent. In TX I paid 125 per month for 18 months and around 175 the last 6 months. They provide with transportation vouchers, day care and groceries, all that depending on the social workers in charge. Ask around for help many organizations are a joke but many others do help, many we don't know about unless we do our own search. Don't rely only on Catholic Churches, other places are willing to help regardless of you being a member of their community. I received free support from a Christian Church while going through Divorce. Chin up. Hope I was of some help.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Today is a very special day for me .I helped hundreds of visa journey members with their Vawa cases,and I gave my best in each single case and thank GOd so far no one single case denied ,but I have a.special case,because it was a very delicated case and it took over two years for this day, but finally she got her.GC today. Knowing that this young girl was just 19 years old when her husband, her abuser brought her to the US, and battered her many times, forced her to do despicable things, to the point she attempted suicide twice.Despite all nasty letters he mailed to the US he did not succeed this time,and I thank the Lord for that. It's a good feeling to know that justice prevailed , and she will be here for the rest of her life and I hope to be in her wedding soon. God bless Uscis.

Edited by sandranj

Sandra I have tears in my eyes reading this.

This kind of stories bring warmth to our hearts for all of us here who are suffering and waiting at the moment.

Thank you for all you do and thanks for sharing it with us!!!

My VAWA Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.