laurabeth

October 2012 K1 filers

877 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My name is Laura I'm new to the forum. I used the forum to prepare my I29f packet and decided it's now time to become a member. I just sent off the I29f packet on October 2 to petition for my fiance from Peru. I'm feeling very nervous about the process, second guessing myself about the packet I mailed off, and anxiously awaiting the NOA1. It would be nice to meet people who are also just beginning their K1 journey so we can help each other through these crazy times! :)

Best regards,

Laura

p.s. if any experienced members have any advice on how to cope with the anxiety of the process I would appreciate any advice I can get! I'm a university student in my final year of studies and I'm having a terrible time remaining focused on my studies! Why not just buy a one way ticket to Peru??!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

**Moved to K1 Progress Reports as the post in not about a K1 process.

Hello Laura and welcome to the forum. I always tried to keep busy to help with anxiety.

This is a very overwhelming and tedious process, but it's also DOABLE. Take advantage of the fact you are studying and that you have an obligation to keep your mind off this.

good.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi Laura! Welcome! Is always great having new members in our community. I'm not an october filers, must likely an september 2011 filer but I just want you to know that u came to the right website! This the best option. Is not an easy journey but with patient and more patient, you will do it. If you look for "october 2012 filers" there are already some groups created with people like you. Make sure that you are entering in the right topic (k1 filers) cause october filers can be also: cr1, aos filers, roc filers or naturalization. I loved the group I joined and we still remain friends :) is such a great idea. Also remember to keep updating your timeline do you can help others. I wish you a great and smooth journey sweety! Tons of blessings

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hiii, I sent mine off the fifth, and it was delivered on the 8th, so now I'm patienly waiting for NOA1 and to know where its gonna be processed. Its gonna be a tough wait, but good thing theres people on here who understand us, and will support us throughout our journey. :thumbs:

CAOAm5.png

12/06/08= Fiance EWI (age:14)

12/15/08-> Love at first sight; even tho I was askd to hook him up w/ my bff. :)

12/27/08-> Early inoccent New Years Kiss :P (start dating)

7/21/09-> Find out we're expecting; move in together!

3/15/10->Gemma Jasmene is born!

9/1/10-> Get our first Apartment!

3/15/11-> Find out we're expecting, AGAIN! (Amazing gift for my daughters bday; a little sister)

6/1/11-> Move back home due to tornado disaster :(

8/2011-> Decide to start the K1 process

11/08/11-> Naila Geraldine is born.

9/15/12-> Fiance left before turning 18.5 [172 days]

10/05/12-> Mailed I-129F (waiting game, begins) :/

10/11/12-> NOA1 [via text message]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i joined VJ in june of this year as i was contemplating on whether to file a k1 or k3 visa for my bf. well we both decided on the k1 fiance visa. i sent the packet to USCIS on 10/01/12 got an email/text reply on 10/05/12 but the NOA 1 was dated on 10/04/12. i just got my hard copy today in the mail. good luck to all of us!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I received my email noa1 dated 10/4. still waiting on the hard copy.. I'm anxious to find out where it's headed to get a better idea of wait times. This site is a great source of comfort, full of people who know what we're going through and who can help us through the process. It'll be a long wait.. but definitely worth it.

I'm looking forward to my upcoming trip in December to see mi gran amor (L):D

Keeping you all in mind and wishing for a quick and painless process for all of us!

Timeline

Im excited too. Im leaving in March to be with my love too. :) I want to be with him throughthe rest of this process. When Tax time comes around I'm filing and then leaving. I can't handle being away from him. I still havent recieved anything by email or mail. It was receieved the 8th, so I know it's pretty soon, but ahhhhh.

Edited by xxdreamer
CAOAm5.png

12/15/08-> Love at first sight; even tho I was askd to hook him up w/ my bff. :)

3/15/11-> Find out we're expecting, AGAIN! (Amazing gift for my daughters bday; a little sister)

Timeline

We sent our application on 4th, it was deliverd on 7th, now waiting for NOA1... :whistle:

Im one day behind. Maybe I need to stop checking, haha. :bonk: This is tortureeeeeee!

CAOAm5.png

Timeline

So did I. :) Mine started with WAC, so that's California Service Center? :thumbs:

CAOAm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello evryone!

Im also new to this page. it is so helpful, everyday I read interesting posts that made me feel less lonely in the process.

We just filed the K1 papers yesterday so hopefully we will be getting our NOA1 by next week.

Im pretty conscious about the waiting time and I know that I have to be patient!

Thanks to everyone!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello all, we were members of October 2011 K-1 filers group. What a year it has been! :star:

Be kind and supportive of each other. You will get through this process working together as a team. Be patient and do not despair. The end results more than make up for the trials and tribulations that you likely encounter. :yes:

Good luck on your visa journey. :thumbs:

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.