laurabeth

October 2012 K1 filers

877 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey everybody! we finally had the notice of action. Our case is going to the California Service Center which I guess is good news! they gave us the number to check the stages of our case so we are going to be checking it all the time. I hope the best for the rest of you. Im sure we are all going to be lucky and soon we will be starting our lives in the US!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

We finally got NOA1 too! I said earlier our petition was sent on the 4th.. Well it wasn't, it was actually sent on the 11th. Anyways, now that it's in California, I can hopefully stop stressing so much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Mailed the K1 pkg to the Dallas lockbox on 8 October. Just received email stating accepted and forward to California service center. My fiancée is from the Philippines n I am getting excited about her n her boy joining me here in the US. I wish all the best in this process.

Can I join?...I'm an October filer too...October 2009... :P

Best wishes to all of you October filers for a smooth and speedy visa journey!!! :thumbs:

Timeline

Hey Laura! I'm just a few days ahead of you and petition got sent to Vermont. Makes me feel so much better people are going through the same thing as me at the same time!

Super jealous of those who get to spend their petition time with their loved one, cherish it all! While I'm waiting I can feel every one of the 4,500 miles separating me from mine.

You're right, it's torture!!! Welcome and good luck!

Timeline

Hi everyone,

My name is Mitch and my fiance is from the Philippines and her name is Darl. I just sent off the I-129F package this month and have a NOA1 date of October 17, 2012. Now it's the long waiting game at the VSC. Good luck on our journey's. This is an excellent site.

Timeline

hi guys.. i am kinda worried about my k1 petition. i met my fiance in dec.2011 and started going out with him jan.2012 before he went home to the Philippines. from jan.-june 2012 we had an ongoing relationship - made it official june 8, 2012 and met up in hongkong this august when we got engaged. i filed the peition this october. noa 1 is dated oct.4,2012. i'm worried that we won't meet the required 2 years - the 2 year requirement that you both had met up in person, before filing the petiion. but i guess we'll find out in april next year, whether we pass (approval of the petition), or we get RFE's. for me, i think it is up to the embassy (in this case, the USEM in Manila) to determine if we are in a bonafide realtionship and basing on their review, and interview of my fiance, will either issue or deny the k1 visa. any thoughts about this? thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

hi guys.. i am kinda worried about my k1 petition. i met my fiance in dec.2011 and started going out with him jan.2012 before he went home to the Philippines. from jan.-june 2012 we had an ongoing relationship - made it official june 8, 2012 and met up in hongkong this august when we got engaged. i filed the peition this october. noa 1 is dated oct.4,2012. i'm worried that we won't meet the required 2 years - the 2 year requirement that you both had met up in person, before filing the petiion. but i guess we'll find out in april next year, whether we pass (approval of the petition), or we get RFE's. for me, i think it is up to the embassy (in this case, the USEM in Manila) to determine if we are in a bonafide realtionship and basing on their review, and interview of my fiance, will either issue or deny the k1 visa. any thoughts about this? thanks.

You only have to meet in person once within the past 2 years.. so if you were together in december 2011 and again in August 2012 you have more than met the requirement. you just have to prove with pictures or otherwise that you were together in person. And you're right, it's not up to the USCIS to determine if your relationship is bondafide or not. The embassy in your fiances country will determine that. Comparing with my own case I don't see why yours should be denied.. You have known your fiance for nearly a year and had a 6 mo relationship before getting engaged. I met my fiance this summer when I was volunteering abroad and we spent 7 weeks together as a couple.. We decided to embark on this long distance relationship for the next year (until I graduate from college) because we knew that we want to get married.. I'm going back in December for a month and I'll get my "official" engagement with a ring an all.. but we just couldn't justify waiting until then to start the visa process, so after only 3 1/2 months of a relationship we filed the petition. I just think that if we get an RFE we'll have to present more proof that our relationship is authentic.. which should be easy.. because it is. I have full confidence that the visa will go through eventually.. even if we get an RFE or 2. The embassy's job is to determine that the relationship is bonafide (and not fraudulent), but I don't think there are any real time requirements about how long you must have a relationship before filing.. it is not up to them to decide how long it takes to develop a marital relationship for each couple. Ultimately, I think that your case will be approved. I've read stories about much crazier cases that were approved..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

HI, mi name is luciana , Im from argentina, and mi fiancee and I want to send the I129 F this month but we are no sure because we dont have any hotel reservation together, or proof of train tickets together. we have airplane tickets of our visits, photos, e-mails, some letters, and facebook chats. I would like to know if that's enough,thankss.I hope to present everything at the end of the month.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

HI, mi name is luciana , Im from argentina, and mi fiancee and I want to send the I129 F this month but we are no sure because we dont have any hotel reservation together, or proof of train tickets together. we have airplane tickets of our visits, photos, e-mails, some letters, and facebook chats. I would like to know if that's enough,thankss.I hope to present everything at the end of the month.

That should be enough. Just basic proof that you have met in person in the last 2 years... photos with date and location written on the back and airline tickets that correspond to those dates. I also included a copy of the stamps in my passport. Proof of an ongoing relationship is not required but you can include it if you want.. I did include a few pages of phone records and facebook conversations.

One bit of advice (that you may or may not need but) that I wish I would have realized before sending in my packet.. the signatures of your letter of intent must be originals and not copies.. I only included scanned copies of my fiances letter and G25a.. so i'm expecting an RFE for that. I just don't want others to make the same mistake as I did!

Mucha suerte!

Timeline

thanks, laurabeth! we were originally planning to meet in january next year - last week of january as a matter of fact and i told him that when i went back to the US i will start the filing of the k1 petition. my co worker suggested to meet him somewhere like hong kong, or singapore and start earlier rather than later - good thing coz our hospital will be updating it's computer system and it issued a memo that starting the last week of january till the second week of february no one will be allowed to take paid time off, because of this new computer system. i'm glad i listened to her and took her advice! i still want to visit him though - i just don't know whether it's best to go visit him before we get the 2nd NOA or in time for the interview. part of me wants to be there for his interview. it's just that we don't have enough staff for our unit, and our vacation time is limited - all thanks to a new computer system. i'm glad we have this site - we all could use each other's support, get advice and tips from each other and just enjoy each other's company while waiting out the rest of the journey! God bless us all!

:thumbs:

Timeline

i'm not worried for an RFE - at least you'll know what other requirements are needed. or how to file documents correctly.. that kind of thing. it may delay things a bit, but on the bright side, it will also give you time to prepare your home, give you time to save up for when your other half eventually joins you. being in an LDR (long distance relationship) seems to be what is now the accepted norm in terms of romantic relationships. the things we will be telling our kids one day. :lol: just imagine if the email, the net, Facebook, skype, and viber did not exist today! but snail mail also has it's perks and it's advantages - like proof of an ongoing relationship with those stamps on the envelopes. good luck to all of us! and happy halloween in advance! :D

Timeline

Hello Everyone! :)

I sent my K1 Packet on October 9th and received my text/email confirmation on October 16th. My official date on my hard copy of my NOA1 is October 11, 2012 and we are being processed through the California Center.

To quote Tom Petty "Waiting is the hardest part" :)

I do check the USCIS website every day to make me feel like I'm actually doing something productive and I like to help on VJ with packet questions. I'm so glad this site exists because it helped us so much when putting everything together.

I get to see Ross (L) again in March so we're waiting for two things at the same time and that is helping the time fly - that and him telling me daily to be patient.

Good luck to everyone!!

Aubrey

~You to me are everything; the sweetest song that I could sing.~

I filed our I-129f on 10-11-12 and NOA1 receipt was dated Oct. 16. Now the waiting begins.

I wish all of my fellow October filers (especially the ones at VSC like ours) the best of luck!!! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.