Stuart and Thea

Buying a Wife from the Ukraine

191 posts in this topic

I belong to the long hair community forums, and on there is a girl who is furious at her dad for going to the Ukraine to buy a wife. GRRRRR I can't tell you how angry it makes me to see that people look at it that way, and there is so many people who are on there saying how disgusting that is, like it's prostitution etc. (their forum is really slow and I haven't been able to post to it) I think that these people need a dose of reality, and I would love it if you would head on over there and politely explain exactly how it works being a bride from overseas, even if you met in an online dating site. Here's the link: My link

Jan 21 2011 sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox - they lost it
Mar 22 2011 - Sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox second time
May 2 2011 - NOA1 at CSC
July 15 2011 - NOA2!!!
July 21 2011 - Hardcopy of NOA2 received in mail
Aug 9 2011 - Case forwarded to Montreal
Sep 7 2011 - Packet 4 sent from embassy
Oct 27 2011 - Interview
Nov 12 2011 - Intended POE VISA delayed due to typo on son's name at the consulate
Nov 22 2011 - Picked up Visa
Nov 26 2011 - New intended POE date
Dec 10 2011 - Wedding

Jan 12 2012 - Sent AOS package
Feb 1 2012 - They send rejection notice, they lost a signature page
Feb 4 2012 - Resent package
Feb 14 2012 - NOA2
Feb 22 2012 - NOA3
March 21 2012 - Biometrics
March 30 2012 - NOA4
May 16 2012 - Interview date

April 2014 - application for I751 Removal of Conditions
May 7 2014 - NOA for notice of receipt and extension letter received
May 8 2014- Verification of inclusion of a dependent letter received
Not dated but in May - letter requesting interview received
July 10 2014 - ASC appointment notice for biometrics received

July 24 2014 Biometrics appointment

Jan 22 2015 - USCIS call

March 18 2015 - USCIS call

April 2 2015 - USCIS call

May 14 2015 - Infopass appt

July 21 2015 - infopass appt

Sept 18 2015 - infopass appt
Feb 25 2016 - USCIS call
Feb 25 2016 - Ombudsman request form sent

Filed: Timeline

I belong to the long hair community forums, and on there is a girl who is furious at her dad for going to the Ukraine to buy a wife. GRRRRR I can't tell you how angry it makes me to see that people look at it that way, and there is so many people who are on there saying how disgusting that is, like it's prostitution etc. (their forum is really slow and I haven't been able to post to it) I think that these people need a dose of reality, and I would love it if you would head on over there and politely explain exactly how it works being a bride from overseas, even if you met in an online dating site. Here's the link: My link

Well some do import (if you're on your 4th or 5th I-129F for 5 different immigrants in 10 years then what can we say) but it is inconsiderate of them to paint all with the same brush (pun).

One of my Nieces has expressed her opinion (she's a US Marine so I can't really discipline her anymore - lol) is of the opinion that I am importing a Wife.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I belong to the long hair community forums, and on there is a girl who is furious at her dad for going to the Ukraine to buy a wife.

I bought mine in Russia. She was a little more expensive but well worth it.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I bought mine in Russia. She was a little more expensive but well worth it.

I went to the less beaten path of Kherson, Ukraine. But, really, it doesn't really matter what other people think. One life and all, you know... :)

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well some do import (if you're on your 4th or 5th I-129F for 5 different immigrants in 10 years then what can we say) but it is inconsiderate of them to paint all with the same brush (pun).

One of my Nieces has expressed her opinion (she's a US Marine so I can't really discipline her anymore - lol) is of the opinion that I am importing a Wife.

did you tell her that imports traditionally get better mileage and are less maintenance intensive?

we are talking cars, right?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

You know that responding to people like that is of very little use. People will believe what they want no matter how much we explain the process to them. If I were you, I'd have fun driving them crazy with wild stories of rendezvous throughout European cities with many incredibly beautiful women and that the choosing is better than at a candy store. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Actually it's quite simple. I paid $99 to contact women from an online catalog, chose my wife, began corresponding and now she's here in the US and were happily married.

Online shopping is Great !!

:lol::lol::lol:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

hahahahahaha this thread has great potential

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Oh come on, it IS buying a wife, or at least, buying the easy way of getting a wife. You pay to get her contact info. They put well-Photoshop pictures of her in good makeup and lighting and sell her as submissive, weak-willed, etc.

That being said, why does it matter? If both adults consent, by all means let them do whatever they want. These relationships work well for many people and I don't see why it's such a big deal. It's not like they are being forced into it. This forum is filled with happy couples like that...

Also, aren't we all "buying" our partners? We all pay a lot of money just to bring them here. I'm sure there's some pissed off person out there who views it as "buying".

Also, aren't we all "buying" our partners? We all pay a lot of money just to bring them here. I'm sure there's some pissed off person out there who views it as "buying".

Don't forget about all the pissed off USCs that want a refund :rofl:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

You pay to get her contact info. They put well-Photoshop pictures of her in good makeup and lighting and sell her as submissive, weak-willed, etc.

My wife's profile said she was a strong willed over controlling b**ch. I thought it was a joke....

Live and learn.

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am all for globalization for this particular 'market'! My dating 'capital' goes so much further there. And it really has been a terrific experience so far. One potential drawback has to do with the ignorant attitudes about this that some people have. It is nice to be able to ignore them or play with them a bit but it can also have a serious downside when it causes family discord. My very insecure DIL has been openly hostile to my wife and I and has kept my grand-children away. :( I don't want to see my son have to suffer the pain of divorce but if it happens I will certainly suggest to him he consider looking further than just within this country if he decides he wants to try again!

Timeline

Oh come on, it IS buying a wife, or at least, buying the easy way of getting a wife. You pay to get her contact info. They put well-Photoshop pictures of her in good makeup and lighting and sell her as submissive, weak-willed, etc.

Even if you met on a FREE dating site?

Not everyone paid entirely for their spouse to come here. My wife worked and saved during our 1 year engagement because she wanted to be able to buy her own plane ticket and have some coin while she waited for her work permit.

Now my wife makes near as much as I do and will likely surpass me in the next 5-10 years. I don't feel like I bought anything. I almost feel like *she* bought *me*.

Timeline

Now my wife makes near as much as I do and will likely surpass me in the next 5-10 years. I don't feel like I bought anything. I almost feel like *she* bought *me*.

:thumbs::lol:

I don't make nearly as much as my husband yet, but I do make decent money and I have only been here for 1 year. So my husband hopes that soon I'll start making more than him, so that he can retire by the time he's 30 :rofl: he says that he feels like he hit the jackpot.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.