fira

Miscarriage/spontaneous abortion from the past can affect interview??

47 posts in this topic

hi vj im new here..i finished my medical ysterday i think i passed coz i already got vaccine..im on k1 visa.. now my problem is.. when i had my medical on the physcal examination..the doctor ask me if i had a baby baby.i said none but i do have a miscarriage.. and she called it "spontaneous abortion" ..my question is, would this be a problem on my interview?? are the CO opening topics about abortion or can i fail my interview jst because i had miscarriage,coz they call it spontaneous abortion, what if they make an issue or ask some proofs that i didnt really abort and i just had miscarriage? has anyone here also had miscarriage but went fine in the interview,,and one more thing..my fiance doesnt know about my miscarriage in my past life :( and i dont have any plans on telling him since he never ask me too..are there any possibilities that he will know when im already in US? like do i have a follow up medical procedure in the US what if i get pregnant the ob will surely ask about everything.. but i can say i never had a baby if we went in diff doctor, but if its the same hospital or they have my records here in PHilippines then im toast!! :wacko:

pls help me :( im so worried.. are the CO tackle issues like this in the interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Abortion is legal in the United States

You will not fail because of terminology the doctor used

Good luck

PS - I suggest telling your fiance about your miscarriage. Failure to do so can create havoc in your 'new life'.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Abortion is legal in the United States

You will not fail because of terminology the doctor used

Good luck

PS - I suggest telling your fiance about your miscarriage. Failure to do so can create havoc in your 'new life'.

hi thank you for the reply.. if ever i pass the interview and go to US do i have to follow up in any medicals there? or i can go to diff doctors if i get prgnant plus are they asking about this in medical or CO just focus on documents and genuine relationship.. i appreciate your concern about telling my fiance about the miscarriage, but i am really scared and not plan to tell it ever in my life.. i know its not important though mybe if he ask i will not lie..but till he dont ask i will never tell :crying:

Keeping this from your husband now will cause your marriage to fail later. Any doctor you go to will be able to tell you have been pregnant before. To try to lie about it is also dangerous for your health when you get pregnant again. Also, "spontaneous abortion" is the medical term for a miscarriage.

Don't base your marriage, or your health, on lies.

:( it is just so hard to tell him about it.. :(

Timeline

:( it is just so hard to tell him about it.. :(

No no, honey, it's easy. You're just afraid to

I promise you, this will come out. You are putting your health and your marriage in jeopardy.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

No no, honey, it's easy. You're just afraid to

I promise you, this will come out. You are putting your health and your marriage in jeopardy.

it was 2 years ago and i search in google and ive seen so far that doctors or ob cant tell..but just like you said.. doctors especially when you are pregnant ,they have to know all your medical history.. yes im a afraid..coz i dont know what will be my fiance's reaction..so i will either hide it since he embasy wont mention about it. but if my fiance ask.i will answer without any lies..but for now,im really scared.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

tell him about it once you are in USA. I know you are afraid if you tell him while you are overseas he may change his mind about you. Its possible. Tell him when you are here and judge his reaction. many will disagree but you have to do whats right for yourself and your future marriage.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Gegel you are quite right. But its taking a big chance and he may change his mind about her as well. The right thing is to tell him immediately, but is it the smart thing to do considering welfare of OP?? Very personal decision....

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Gegel you are quite right. But its taking a big chance and he may change his mind about her as well. The right thing is to tell him immediately, but is it the smart thing to do considering welfare of OP?? Very personal decision....

I hear you and I can see your point. It is one of those situations in which there is not a clear right/wrong divide...

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

You may want to talk to ppl in the Philippines forum. I remember reading a post about needing to get a mental evaluation after a miscarriage.

You really should talk to your fiance about this, please do not wait until you arrive in the US.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

OK SO YOU DONT WANT TO TELL YOUR FIANCE NOW MY QUESTION IS, WAS IT HIS CHILD OR WAS YOU CHEATING? THATS WHAT YOU NEED TO WORRY ABOUT CAUSE IF YOU SAY IN YOUR INTERVIEW THAT YOU JUST HAD A MISCARRIEAGE BUT YET YOU HAVE NOT SEEN YOU FIANCE IN A YEAR THEN THATS A PROBLEM.... JUST A THOUGHT AND SORRY IF OFFENDED YOU

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.